Kiffin signs new contract extension with Ole Miss

He would be solid here. He rebuilt Houston. He was a very good OC at several different schools. He has name recognition, is young, and would be able to recruit at a high level. He could expand our recruiting territory.

But if you want to keep your loser Grump and Fulmer and keep things as they are, go ahead.
He rebuilt Houston? Houston had won 33 games in the four years before he took over. Yes he had a great 2015, but let’s not act as if he took over a dumpster fire of a program. And you think that I want to keep either Pruitt or Fulmer? Just because one doesn’t like the idea of hiring Herman doesn’t necessarily mean that they support Pruitt or Fulmer.

Sarkisian had every resource he could want at USC and couldn't cut it, I guess 2 years as an OC at Alabama makes people forget. If I were a Texas fan I would be furious, no way would I feel comfortable sending my kid to play for him. Herman wasn't lighting the world on fire but he has a much better track record than Sark. and didn't have the off the field issues. This move just makes me shake my head. Dont get it, maybe its just me.

Reactions: onevol74
Not an upgrade for Texas. Sark is mediocre, just ask Washington and USC fans. But good for Herman to get out of Austin. That place might just be a bit more delusional than us.

Mack lost his momentum after the title game loss to Bama. They replaced him with Charlie Strong, and then replaced Strong with Herman. Hire mediocre coaches, get mediocre results.
Exactly my point... “caring” and firing coaches doesn’t equal success just because. We’re proof of that.

That's the difference in accountability. Firing a coach that goes 7-3 and refusing to fire a coach that goes 3-7. We are watching the slow, painful death of UT football. It's sad really.

Reactions: Volnut and onevol74
Not an upgrade for Texas. Sark is mediocre, just ask Washington and USC fans. But good for Herman to get out of Austin. That place might just be a bit more delusional than us.
Maybe just maybe Sark has matured and learned alot since his last HC gig at Southern Cal

Any word on how Texas fans are responding? Not sure I’d be happy with this hire if I wore the uglier shade of orange.

So Texas will fire a guy who has gone 32-18, played for a conference title, won four bowls in four years, including a Sugar Bowl but we cannot move on from a guy that has gone 16-19 and has one lucky comeback bowl win? This complacency is why our program is where it is at right now.

Yes. And when someone ( not me) mentions the possibility of replacing Pruitt with Herman, our fan base revolts and acts like we’re too good for him.

VN Store

Back