Kiffin Repremanded by League office for comments about Meyer.

This is how this situation went down. Think about the context a little bit. Kiffin says a couple of weeks ago that he did not expect so much negative recruiting. This would happen between coaches and recruits in a he said, he said context so there would be an expectation that no one could prove anything definitively or no witnesses. Do you suppose this comment had anything to do with what the Florida staff was telling Teague and Nuke?

So Kiff fires a shot across the bow and gets warned about breaking a rule of demeaning other SEC programs that is spot on with respect to his complaints a couple of weeks ago. Think about it the first push (in this case the negative recruiting against UT) as is usually the case not get penalized. Its the retaliation that draws the flag. But sometimes the retaliation in necessary to call attention to the situation so, to get it under control in the future. I think its interesting that "yes" it was made clear that there would be pitched competition against Saban the dynamic of engaging him yesterday at the rally was different. I think its clear that someone (guess ?) banks that in a show down of his word against a recruits if he was ever called on his recruiting slanders that his denials would muddy a clear determination of what had happened.

I am just saying.

This is how this situation went down. Think about the context a little bit. Kiffin says a couple of weeks ago that he did not expect so much negative recruiting. This would happen between coaches and recruits in a he said, he said context so there would be an expectation that no one could prove anything definitively or no witnesses. Do you suppose this comment had anything to do with what the Florida staff was telling Teague and Nuke?

So Kiff fires a shot across the bow and gets warned about breaking a rule of demeaning other SEC programs that is spot on with respect to his complaints a couple of weeks ago. Think about it the first push (in this case the negative recruiting against UT) as is usually the case not get penalized. Its the retaliation that draws the flag. But sometimes the retaliation in necessary to call attention to the situation so, to get it under control in the future. I think its interesting that "yes" it was made clear that there would be pitched competition against Saban the dynamic of engaging him yesterday at the rally was different. I think its clear that someone (guess ?) banks that in a show down of his word against a recruits if he was ever called on his recruiting slanders that his denials would muddy a clear determination of what had happened.

I am just saying.

Interesting take on it. Whatever the reason, no one is talking about Bama's and LSU's signing classes anymore! Its all Tennessee. Maybe there was a plan, maybe not, but high schoolers have short memories. As I said in a different post, the saying is "There is no bad publicity"

i wish the sec would allow a coach to say what he thinks. i love a coach that aint afraid to speak his mind. plus it is going to make next years florida game twice as entertaining. i'm sick and tired of us getting bullied by all of these other sec coaches. its bout time we get someone in there with some balls that will stand up to these other schools. i liked cpf and appreciate everything that he did for the program but i dont think he had that fire in him like these coaches do. also, spurriers comment about kiffin not taking the test to recruit was worded a little more carefully but still similar to what kiffin said about urban. i wonder if our a.d. would have went and demanded a public apology we could have got him reprimended? i'm pumped about this season GO VOLS!!! WHOOOOO!!!

Does anyone find it ironic that there is a story now that kiffin pretended to be richardson and texted his high school coach? Aparently after CUM kept calling, richardson's high school coach had to text and see how the visit was going. Kiffin texted him back and said "great, my mind is made up.". Now is CUM so worried with us that he has to hound the s*** out of recruits, and resort to having a high school coach call? Do you think Kiffin's comments about the need to fax at a different school given the fact that CUM can't get in touch, and the high school coach just happens to start texting soon after? Just something to think about. In the end I guess he should have been worried about his next Percy Harvin....lol.

VN Store

Back