Kids going to school high

I'm a little hard of hearing so if I go to a loud bar, I'm kinda out of the mix socially. I just nod my head and act like I can understand people half the time.

I prefer it to everyone being a zombie from prescription drugs. so many ADD/ADHD, and depression drugs out there being used recreationally.

House music. For that matter, live music is always too loud as well. I always wear earplugs when I go to a live venue. It sucks to have to yell at my friends over house music. And before you start, I have lost a ton of hearing from being around jet engines for almost 40 years.
You worked around jet engines for 40 years without adequate hearing protection?

I'm a little hard of hearing so if I go to a loud bar, I'm kinda out of the mix socially. I just nod my head and act like I can understand people half the time.
My father had a degenerative hearing loss and he did just what you describe for decades. Your friends are shitbags for doing that to you.

I'm finishing 33rd year in the classroom. Good luck if you stick with it. I don't know how much longer I'll go, have a few years left before SS.
To a large extent, IEPs have always been that way (based on my experience at least).
In the 90s and before you started teaching, the issue was pill snorting through the hollow part of a pen...in class...with powder on the kid's nose...wondering then what the "discipline" would be.
We face similar issues in monitoring bathrooms....went to another high school last year for a school event and the bathrooms were unisex...my first time ever seeing those....have them a little closer home and have some friends who teach there who say it's pretty much impossible to stop the edibles and vaping in those "vaults."

Unisex?! Yeah that sounds like a horrible idea and I have no doubt that it has been that way with IEP’s but it’s still a terrible policy for some students who are major disciplinary issues. I am going out at 25 and probably going back into landscaping if the economy is good if not I guess I will substitute and play golf.

VN Store

Back