Kids going to school high

This is happening everywhere. I had 5 kids that would show up almost every day high as a kite. I had to buy extra air freshener because they just reeked. Of course, they all failed their classes including mine.

Its trending up so fast in ever school across America. These vape pens are easy to use THC. kids think it's fine now since so many states are legalizing it. Social media worships it. It's not a good trend.

Reactions: AM64
We only had about 500 kids in our whole high school, all grades, in 1982 and I can think about about five of them that were high a good deal of the time. No idea why this is a story now unless it’s harder stuff. Weed has been in high schools for decades

We only had about 500 kids in our whole high school, all grades, in 1982 and I can think about about five of them that were high a good deal of the time. No idea why this is a story now unless it’s harder stuff. Weed has been in high schools for decades

Yea..but you were 21 in High School

This is happening everywhere. I had 5 kids that would show up almost every day high as a kite. I had to buy extra air freshener because they just reeked. Of course, they all failed their classes including mine.
Surprised you were allowed to fail them.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and AM64
Surprised you were allowed to fail them.

I started out with 178 kids. I ended the year with 164. I failed 18 kids out of the 164, or about 11%. It would have been 19 if not for a SPED teacher taking the test for one kid. I can't prove he did it, but I know he did as the kid never scored that high on anything before.

I looked at it this way, if they can't remember what the 13th amendment did in a 90% black school, don't know what the Declaration of Independence did, don't even know what the stars and stripes on our flag stand for, then they can fail.

If the school board or principal doesn't like it, f them. I will not pass a kid that knows nothing just to pass them. They can retake the class with the other teacher as they must pass it to graduate. If they give me grief about passing kids that know nothing, I will go back to my original line of work and make 3 times as much as I do as a teacher.

Last edited:
Its trending up so fast in ever school across America. These vape pens are easy to use THC. kids think it's fine now since so many states are legalizing it. Social media worships it. It's not a good trend.

What are you basing that on?

When I was a kid, it was cigarettes AND weed. We've lost our way.

Reactions: EasternVol

We had about 500 fro 6th to 12th and had our fair share of pot heads

Reactions: NorthDallas40
What are you basing that on?

When I was a kid, it was cigarettes AND weed. We've lost our way.
I actually smoked cigarettes in the boys bathroom.

That would be loads more socially unacceptable today than smoking weed in the parking lot.

1685222345035.gif

I went to East High School in Nashville my freshman year (74-75). They have two buildings and students had classes in both buildings and were also allowed to go outside during lunch. My best friend and I would go outside most days during lunch and he would almost always light up a joint. It was the fourth year of bussing in Nashville. My friend was black and we were both on the freshman basketball team. Our starting five were all black and the second five were all white. The coach would frequently substitute by calling for the white team.

I went to Meigs in eighth grade. There were two shootings at the school that year and three girls out of the 15 in my homeroom were pregnant at some point during the year.

I went to Bailey in 7th grade (it was nothing but a 7th grade). We were the Bailey Bombers....imagine that today (my dad actually went to junior high there in the early 50s.. I was an official hall monitor (the Bomber Patrol) which meant I got out of class a couple of minutes early to "monitor" the hallways and restrooms. A friend of mine who was also on the Bomber Patrol would bring a flask of wine everyday and we would drink it in the restroom before the rest of the kids were released from class.

Last story: that same year at Bailey, I was one of two teacher aides for an art teacher during her planning period, the other aide was a black girl, we were frequently left in the art room unsupervised and she taught me plenty.

When people talk about how much worse things are today than they were in the "good ol' days", I just have to chuckle.

I started out with 178 kids. I ended the year with 164. I failed 18 kids out of the 164, or about 11%. It would have been 19 if not for a SPED teacher taking the test for one kid. I can't prove he did it, but I know he did as the kid never scored that high on anything before.

I looked at it this way, if they can't remember what the 13th amendment did in a 90% black school, don't know what the Declaration of Independence did, don't even know what the stars and stripes on our flag stand for, then they can fail.

If the school board or principal doesn't like it, f them. I will not pass a kid that knows nothing just to pass them. They can retake the class with the other teacher as they must pass it to graduate. If they give me grief about passing kids that know nothing, I will go back to my original line of work and make 3 times as much as I do as a teacher.

Thise kids sounds like the future dem base

Reactions: vols40
I went to East High School in Nashville my freshman year (74-75). They have two buildings and students had classes in both buildings and were also allowed to go outside during lunch. My best friend and I would go outside most days during lunch and he would almost always light up a joint. It was the fourth year of bussing in Nashville. My friend was black and we were both on the freshman basketball team. Our starting five were all black and the second five were all white. The coach would frequently substitute by calling for the white team.

I went to Meigs in eighth grade. There were two shootings at the school that year and three girls out of the 15 in my homeroom were pregnant at some point during the year.

I went to Bailey in 7th grade (it was nothing but a 7th grade). We were the Bailey Bombers....imagine that today (my dad actually went to junior high there in the early 50s.. I was an official hall monitor (the Bomber Patrol) which meant I got out of class a couple of minutes early to "monitor" the hallways and restrooms. A friend of mine who was also on the Bomber Patrol would bring a flask of wine everyday and we would drink it in the restroom before the rest of the kids were released from class.
+q
Last story: that same year at Bailey, I was one of two teacher aides for an art teacher during her planning period, the other aide was a black girl, we were frequently left in the art room unsupervised and she taught me plenty.

When people talk about how much worse things are today than they were in the "good ol' days", I just have to chuckle.

I think you've always had those kids but then it was few and far between. Now, it's way more tolerated and praised. I've always said that I'll never worry about my losing my job when I get older to to the younger generation, they don't or can't work

VN Store

Back