Key Gators linebacker reportedly out for the year

If we can hit some of those long balls, we can hang with them. I'm ready to see our speed help us. Byron young is going to be the X-Factor on defense.
We just have to eliminate the penalties and Bone head mistakes. I know I'm being overly optimistic...but I can't help it.

I have a great friend that’s a Gator fan. Because of that I’ve followed the Gators much more than I should. Ventrell Miller is not a big loss for this roster.

Reactions: Jaws
We don’t know how limited HB is, he hasn’t gotten a chance to play in game action.
Yeah Harrison Bailey set the world on fire last season against Florida….

369D89CF-86B5-4389-A693-CB7C17559714.png

Tennessee should’ve beat Florida every season Butch was here except his 1st. Dobbs legs were always a factor in those. Helps offset a suspect O-line. If it is Hooker we at least have that as a weapon as an official 6 man that must be accounted for at all times.

Even with spectacular QB play, we lose to UF. There are only a few ways we can beat UF. One, they have to be way down and have a terrible coaching staff. Or we have to have a player have the game of his life ( a la Stephens in 2001).

Stephens was great; BUT the Oline had quite a day opening holes. AND don't sell Big John Henderson short, who Played his butt off AND said they were going to Florida to Kick butt. When I read what JH said, I felt that win coming, told some Gator business buds Tennessee was going to win, and I got the Last laugh! Total team victory.

If Hooker gets some good runs in the first half I’d say that helps us out a lot. We need them to respect all 3 aspects of our offense early:
1- pass
2- run
3- qb run

We aren't going to win this game. Not being a negavol, but it's basically science at this point. Overturned call, missed call, last second hail mary, 4th and mile conversion, etc...if it is even close it will end on something like that.

Reactions: VolinMC

View attachment 395072

Tennessee should’ve beat Florida every season Butch was here except his 1st. Dobbs legs were always a factor in those. Helps offset a suspect O-line. If it is Hooker we at least have that as a weapon as an official 6 man that must be accounted for at all times.
I think Hooker is the better QB from what we have seen this year so far. And when I meant to say he hasn’t seen game action under this coach. I think it’s safe to say it’s hard to judge anything for better or worse last year with Pruitt leading the charge. But from what I have seen of HB and Milton just off last year and this years results, it’s safe to say that HB is a better QB than Milton.

He’s not a fit for the scheme unfortunately
I can agree with you on that. But also he prolly throws a better ball down the field than both QB’s we have on roster. But I also think Hooker is our best chance to win now with his play making ability with his legs and by far a better passer than Milton.

View attachment 395072

What part of "last season" do you not comprehend in your own post? Has he progressed? Gained confidence? Matured? We have no idea.

Just remember, Year 1 Florida was ugly for Dooley in 2010, Butch in 2013, and especially Pruitt in 2017.

That's the comparison. How did we do relative to those performances.

Not how did we do relative to Tee Martin and the '98 Vols.

Hate it for the young man, never want to see anyone get hurt, having said that, this is the only time in the decade I pull for Alabama. I hope they beat Florida so bad that they set the program back 5 years! This should be a wake up call for Florida fans to how far they are behind the truly elite teams in College football and I can't wait.
The two prettiest faces I've ever seen in my life are my wife on our wedding day, and a long gator face! GBO!

Why some fans do this to themselves is beyond me.
Because good fans have hope.... they don't give up before even playing the game. I have seen a couple on the fringe calling for a UF win. I have seen a BUNCH writing the game off as a loss. Neither are being "realistic". UT is unlikely to beat UF straight up. The fact that they play Bama the week before the UT game while UT has an opportunity to clean up a bunch of mistakes from Pitt vs TTU... helps. To deny it helps is to very much deny reality.

Now... is it enough? Maybe not. Probably not. Like any other game it comes down to match ups. UF hasn't been great in the passing game. They're last in the SEC with 4 INT's so far. Our discussions here show that UT obviously isn't good right now in the passing game either... but honestly... Hooker was. If you extrapolate what he did vs Pitt to the rest of that game and BGSU then UT would be in the top 5 in the SEC. My point is that UT has missed a lot of potential plays in the passing game. UF is very run focused right now and they're really good at it.

So... can UT's DL hold up and make more stops in the run game than FAU and USF? Can they push UF into "have to" passing situations? Can the secondary hang with UF's receivers? We don't know those answers yet. We don't know how UF's D will play against an SEC offense either.

For perspective, FAU looks to be a decent team. They played hard and had some success but UF controlled the game pretty much from start to finish. That was a good win. FAU beat up on Ga Southern this past week.

USF is an awful team. NCSU beat them 45-0 in week one before and dominated them defensively more than UF did.

Then... can UT's O improve and play within design- stretch the field and run the ball? I don't know.

I say all that to say this... when you look at the matchups there are paths where UT can win. Their margin for error is much smaller than UF's... but it isn't "hopeless" or a game not even worth the trip to play it.

Reactions: lukeneyland
Key Gators linebacker reportedly out for the year
Losing their 2020 leading tackler and playing Alabama this Saturday, Vols might just be in a position to beat the Gators.
Gonna take more than losing a LB for Vols to sniff a win vs UF. 2-3 TO's/INTs may put us in the game but we've not been terribly great at ball-hawking this year so far. As a Vol and Giants fan, my teams seem intent on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Lots of BVS on display here, understandably. We're way overdue to beat somebody unexpectedly. I mean, Georgia State came into Neyland and...

VN Store

Back