Kesling and Ryan are BRUTAL

Meh. Bob's not the worst. Fwiw I think his football announcing is better than basketball, where he has trouble keeping up with the action.

People used to turn off the TV audio and watch the game while listening to John Ward. I doubt that's the case with Kessling very often.

I’ve always been a big defender of Bob. He’s not the best but he’s been around for a while and just seems like a good guy.

However, I wasn’t able to watch the mizzou game and had to listen to whole game on radio. I couldn’t help but think “why does Bob sound more excited when mizzou makes a big play than when UT does?” He really did, I’m not exaggerating

Kessling is as pedestrian as they come as a broadcaster and Ryan isn’t much better. Danny White will be the man the day he sends these two packing.

If you don’t believe m, listen for yourself…

Kessling isnt dynamic. He is good Bball announcer. I like Ryan.

Arent they employed by IMG?

To be honest, he had some really big shoes to fill. I’m not sure anyone would meet the expectations of following John Ward. It’s like they say, “Never follow a comedian that is better than you.”

Kessling is as pedestrian as they come as a broadcaster and Ryan isn’t much better. Danny White will be the man the day he sends these two packing.

If you don’t believe m, listen for yourself…

Can't we just enjoy this team and the way they are playing without looking for other nonessential things to complain about? Believe me, the more this team wins, the better the announcers will sound!

By all accounts both seem like good men but this must be what morticians would sound like calling a game. Can we get the young felii look w who callous the baseball games?

Reactions: Doberman
I was a little too young to really remember Ward, but Kesling is definitely an above average radio guy. Probably some nostalgia there since he’s the voice I remember the most growing up.

Not sure if it’s in that highlight or not; however I love the one where Banks makes the interception and one of them says “oh no….he cut the wrong way.”………right as Banks makes Madden hardcore moves and runs to the 1 yard line.

Not sure if it’s in that highlight or not; however I love the one where Banks makes the interception and one of them says “oh no….he cut the wrong way.”………right as Banks makes Madden hardcore moves and runs to the 1 yard line.

Ryan explained after the play that, in his opinion, Banks would have had an easy touchdown had he gone the other way.

Meh. Bob's not the worst. Fwiw I think his football announcing is better than basketball, where he has trouble keeping up with the action.

People used to turn off the TV audio and watch the game while listening to John Ward. I doubt that's the case with Kessling very often.
I still do that. Especially if the TV announcers are obnoxious.

Reactions: stephp4ut
Don't get the hate for Pat Ryan. He's good at his job and loves this university. He's maybe slowed down a touch but maybe some of you guys will give him a little pass when you are past your prime. Not going to tell you guys to stop being an ass*ole to a great VFL just saying I like him.

Who cares. You either...
1.) listen to the TV announcers
2.) claim to watch on TV and listen to the radio despite it NEVER lining up
3.) listen to the radio broadcast on the way home then complain because it is not someone who last announced the games in 1999.

VN Store

Back