Kentucky: Saturday, 2/20/2021, CBS, 1pm (KY 70, TN 55)

Coming into this season, I figured we'd go against the grain and knock off Auburn.
But you can't rule out that Bruce has been in Rick's head for quite a while now like a nagging injury that just won't heal up.
Much as I'd like to, I don't see us winning that one.
AU really sucks this season and Tennessee will beat them finally

I’ve watched several UK games this year and they remain an enigma to me. The only position that I can truly say that UT has a distinct advantage is point guard. I know that if you’ve not watched several UK games, you’ll find that statement hard to believe, but Vescovi is clearly better than Askew. Sars seems to be a talented big man whose talents have been mostly wasted by inept coaching and the system he finds himself in. The other players show flashes of talent, but basically have proven to have difficulty in gelling into a team. Made some money on them early by betting against them( Kentucky is always a late bloomer and over-rated in early season games). Lost a lot on them the last few games thinking that they’ve rounded the corner. They have not. Their two game “win streak” has been a struggle. Will they this this Saturday? I actually think UT is the much better coached team and will win, taking control in the last 7 minutes (usually UK blows it in the last 4).

Reactions: ArdentVol
Isiah Jackson scares the sh!t out of me, he could potentially destroy Fulk (too strong and athletic) and Pons (too tall) down low. Still, Vols win, 80 - 72
This is going to come off as snarky but are you really talking about the Isaiah Jackson that only scored 4 points with 1 rebound the last time we played them? C'mon man!

This is going to come off as snarky but are you really talking about the Isaiah Jackson that only scored 4 points with 1 rebound the last time we played them? C'mon man!
Yes, it is starting to click for him and he will play in the NBA, eventually

Plus, the last 2 games, yeah, I know, just 2 games: 33 points/16.5 ppg, 20 rebs/ 10 rpg, and 4 blocks/ 2 bpg, just saying and he is active, can jump out of the gym, more physical and taller than Fulk, let along Pons. Yes, he scares me, tomorrow

Reactions: Vol49er
Plus, the last 2 games, yeah, I know, just 2 games: 33 points/16.5 ppg, 20 rebs/ 10 rpg, and 4 blocks/ 2 bpg, just saying and he is active, can jump out of the gym, more physical and taller than Fulk, let along Pons. Yes, he scares me, tomorrow

You’re overreacting

Kentucky has tons of NBA length and athleticism which makes them excellent on interior defensive but what they lack is shifty guards. Guys that can break you down off the dribble or prevent you from it on defense.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all to lose this game. KY loaded with talent. If VJ, Vescovi and or JJJ aren’t knocking down 3’s, we could lose by 10-15 points. If they are hitting their 3’s, we could win by 10+ points. With this team you just never really know what you’re going to get

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
Wouldn’t surprise me at all to lose this game. KY loaded with talent. If VJ, Vescovi and or JJJ aren’t knocking down 3’s, we could lose by 10-15 points. If they are hitting their 3’s, we could win by 10+ points. With this team you just never really know what you’re going to get
When it comes to playing Kentucky, under Barnes, it usually means the best performance of the season. Sorry, but I can't follow you down a negative path this morning. I think Tennessee takes their morning dump on the Cats.

Reactions: VolinWayne
Good morning Volunteers! I only ask that we play with enthusiasm today..... and the we hit our shots..... and that we Dominate the boards..... and we dont have silly turnovers...... and we find the open man......lol.... yes, I hope we play a near perfect game

🤗🥳

Cal's final visit to Thompson-Boling.

Our diaper dandies should give him a going away present....50 points and a pack of pampers.

l-wellness-absorbent-underwear-6448-3551.jpg

Reactions: Border Vol
A semis win over another tourney team like LSU or Arkansas would be good for the resume.

Clearly we continue to underperform vs LSU while they overperform. I would want someone to knock them off which is entirely possible. Today I am going for Auburn against them which is no easy choice. Either way it's a win win game for me.

We just need to take care of business first to stay in the top 4, but that 2 or 3 spot would be nice. We still don't know who could finish 5 - 10 and this will be a deep field.

It would be a miracle, that self-imposed postseason ban, they took this year won't allow it

Slimely Auburn strikes again which makes it even more puzzling how they get/keep 5 star recruits with no chance at a tournament.

VN Store

Back