Kentucky: Saturday, 2/20/2021, CBS, 1pm (KY 70, TN 55)

Barnes has Cal’s number.

I can’t see us losing this weekend.

The BasketVols will complete the sweep of the Mildcats winning 82-76 in TBA.

Really need this one. Honestly, we really need to win out for the remainder of the regular season and build some momentum heading into the SEC tourney. Can't wait to go 2-0 against the Cats this year.
would be nice to get a 2 or 3 seed in the SECT and avoid a potential matchup w Bama until the finals. If we can do that it would likely put us in a decent position to get a 3 seed in the NCAAT which really helps the odds in making the S16, and would avoid a potential matchup against Gonzaga/Baylor. Those are my current goals for this team. So I think we can really only afford 1 more loss from here out to feel good about that

would be nice to get a 2 or 3 seed in the SECT and avoid a potential matchup w Bama until the finals. If we can do that it would likely put us in a decent position to get a 3 seed in the NCAAT which really helps the odds in making the S16. Those are my current goals for this team. So I think we can really only afford 1 more loss from here out to feel good about that

On the other hand, an SECT title likely requires beating Bama. So if TN were to lose to them in the semis gives TN an extra day to rest instead of a physical game closer to the NCAAT 1st round. But it would be cool to make 3 straight SECT finals.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Cannot take Cats lightly, they have won 2 in a row and getting some momentum going. Vols need to play fast and shut the door on the Cats early.

They signed 5x 5 star recruits and a four star recruit. They aren’t nearly as bad as their record indicates. They have talent, they’ve not jelled as a team. Yet.

On the other hand, an SECT title likely requires beating Bama. So if TN were to lose to them in the semis gives TN an extra day to rest instead of a physical game closer to the NCAAT 1st round. But it would be cool to make 3 straight SECT finals.
A semis win over another tourney team like LSU or Arkansas would be good for the resume.

Reactions: BreatheUT
NCAA tournament starts on Friday this year instead of Thursday, so we might not even play until Saturday. I don't think rest is going to be a big issue regardless of SEC tournament outcome.

Haven’t won an SEC Tournament since 1979 I believe. In many ways, as underwhelming as this team has been at times this season, everything is still in front of us for this to be considered a success. Just need some consistency on both ends of the court which has evaded us all season. Still time to get there. Saturday is huge.

Barnes has Cal’s number.

I can’t see us losing this weekend.
It would be the most Tennessee thing ever though to lose wouldn't it?

But Barnes really does have his number. Kind of like Pearl having Barnes' number.

Man we really do need to win these last 3 but something tells me we're gonna lose one of em at least. I would put money on it being AU.

Reactions: Border Vol

But Barnes really does have his number. Kind of like Pearl having Barnes' number.

Man we really do need to win these last 3 but something tells me we're gonna lose one of em at least. I would put money on it being AU.
Auburn will be lucky to get invited to the NIT

This one feels like a must win, especially vs a down Kentucky team. If we end up letting this one slip away, it’ll make the AU game on the road that much more important for seeding purposes. And I wouldn’t feel too confident on the road vs any Pearl team who has had our number. I like the way this team is starting to open it up on the offensive end. I want a huge win Saturday by 20+ just because it’s the Cats. Hopefully Fulky starts to get in a groove and everyone comes ready to play. I think they’ll be ready to roll.

Coming into this season, I figured we'd go against the grain and knock off Auburn.
But you can't rule out that Bruce has been in Rick's head for quite a while now like a nagging injury that just won't heal up.
Much as I'd like to, I don't see us winning that one.

What will the line be? Four or five points? I bet the over/under hits high 130's, or very low 140's. I see this one hitting 150.

VN Store

Back