Kentucky lost again

I’m loving it, and loving Alabama losing today. I used to be too protective of our SEC brethren and worried about seeding in the tournament for the Vols. I’ve finally freed myself up to fully pull against those teams I dislike. Oh, Auburn and LSU, you also fall into that category.

Athletic panic meter for the cats:

College basketball panic meter: How much should Kentucky, Indiana, others freak out?

Kentucky
Lost, 63-53, to UCLA

Hoo boy, it’s gonna be a glum Christmas in the Commonwealth. The Wildcats looked gawdawful against the Bruins for most of the game (18 turnovers, 6 of 21 3-point shooting), and even though they were within four points with two-and-a-half minutes to play, it never really felt like they were going to win. And so the worrisome pattern continues: The Wildcats are 7-3 this season but have lost all three games they played against KenPom top 50 teams, and they are now 4-13 in their last 17 games against ranked opponents. Not to mention that in their best win, they beat unranked Michigan by just four points in London even though the Wolverines lost their starting point guard to an injury with 8:40 to play. Any team that has the reigning national player of the year in Oscar Tshiebwe has a chance to do great things, and John Calipari has a history of getting his teams to play better as the season progresses. But the Wildcats’ disjointed, disorganized performances against quality teams do not bode well. Given the way last season ended in the first round to Saint Peter’s, the battered souls of Big Blue Nation are in full freakout mode. That’s nothing new, of course, but this time it feels justified.

Panic meter: 5

Note: 5 is the highest panic level and only UK was given a 5

Reactions: walkenvol
This thread isn't even funny anymore. Around the NCAA drivel. I think we are in the end of the Calipari era. Their offense (or lack thereof) is an abomination.

VN Store

Back