Kentucky JG scouting report

How big of an idiot post is this? You hv a top 3 OC in America but 1 qb who is very limited and sorry. You hv to attempt to do what his strengths are despite him not really being good at anything.
Dude, you have a lot of passionate fans that don’t know The difference between a short pass concept (mesh) or 5 yard dig to an intermediate pass concept. Don’t waste your limited breaths on it.

Reactions: de1conley
AND we have a stupid OC who continued to call those sideline patterns that are the most difficult to throw and the easiest to intercept!!!
STUPID IS AS CHANEY DOES....FIRE HIM NOW
Kept calling? How many did he call?

JG was late... as he always is. That ball can only be thrown if the defender turns to run and THEN must be thrown to the outside and before the receiver comes out of his break. JG is responsible for making that read and going to someone else if it isn't there. But because he processes so slow... he really can't do that. He has to throw and hope.

Don't lay that on Chaney.... unless Chaney is the reason JG continues to start. IMHO, it isn't. I believe that has been Pruitt's call.

Chaney has had success. Has JG?

How big of an idiot post is this? You hv a top 3 OC in America but 1 qb who is very limited and sorry. You hv to attempt to do what his strengths are despite him not really being good at anything.

Top 3 lmao. He wouldn't even be top three in the Sun Belt. Has he ever even had a top three offense anywhere?

Top 3 lmao. He wouldn't even be top three in the Sun Belt. Has he ever even had a top three offense anywhere?
Well you know little about football. Why would a perennial power in Georgia hire him if he was a sunbelt coach? Fromm regressed after he left... I don’t like the outcome so far but don’t be an idiot.

It's hard for me to blame Chaney, because so many problems exist, but we don't seem to utilize the middle of the field at all.

Like do we not have a slant pass in our route tree? That would hopefully get the ball out of the quarterback's hands a little faster. It doesn't help that the tackles can't block anyone. Can we do play action at all? That should work well against defenses that are really keyed into stopping the run, right? What about a HB screen? That should work pretty well against these aggressive edge rushers we've been playing against. Why don't we involve a tight end up the seem at all?

It feels like everyone else is playing chess, and we're playing checkers. Our offense is so limited right now I just can't fathom it. Does a QB change fix everything I mentioned? I just don't see it.

Well you know little about football. Why would a perennial power in Georgia hire him if he was a sunbelt coach? Fromm regressed after he left... I don’t like the outcome so far but don’t be an idiot.
Then we doubled his salary to come to Tennessee making him the highest-paid OC in the country. I can't stand these knuckled draggers talking about Chaney like we are not lucky to have him. Our AD went out a paid the money to get someone great and some people will still complain. What is the point in any of this if all anyone ever does is complain?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Then we doubled his salary to come to Tennessee making him the highest-paid OC in the country. I can't stand these knuckled draggers talking about Chaney like we are not lucky to have him. Our AD went out a paid the money to get someone great and some people will still complain. What is the point in any of this if all anyone ever does is complain?
To be fair, I took issue with some of his play calls against Georgia. There wasn’t anything he could call against Kentucky though. They defended the run and challenged the qb with zone. If a 5th yr senior and receivers know to find the pockets in zone then look at the position coaches. A receiver knows if it’s zone find the pocket and sit and the qb should read the same. Right now weinke is on the chopping block.

I've never been a fan of Chaney honestly, dont like the play calls, dont think they put the Quarterback in good spots so to speak, and my biggest gripe...the stupid hurry up offense all the time, when your rolling and everything is clicking it is great, when your struggling and cant do anything right it just puts more pressure on you and not to mention your defense..slow it down, eat up the clock, huddle up and take a breath...If it was me id play Bailey and run it twice and throw a short pass every series, eat clock and easy throws, rest the defense as much as possible and hope for a miracle.

So I was talking to a coach and I said enough is enough. I was then told we hv viable options but when an OC has his guy that he has recruited he doesn't want to lose a recruit than can be a program changer. The way qbs work is if a recruit thinks he has a chance to be the man he will come in regardless of numbers because qbs are divas and others will leave. So if they play a young guy and he shines and locks down a spot then they lose said recruit. So that made me feel as if someone is saying that they're trying to hold tight on JG who is awful to appease to the 21 signing class thats not finalized yet. I'm not quoting him on this but it was said and I'm not putting this on Chaney because he'd tell me if he felt like this. We have a very close relationship and he's a friend of mine regardless of where he works, but another guy told me this. I kinda shook my head and refused to ask Chaney because I've literally never heard him say any kinda bs like this EVER
I never doubt anything you bring here. Who do YOU think our best option at qb is for the rest of the season?

They must really not like what they have in Bailey. You know JG’s limitations, which according to everyone on this site, limits the offense. So I do put some of this on JC. Isn’t it his job to have players ready to see the field when needed? JG is limited in his abilities, Shrout may be more limited, Maurer is MIA, so why not get your highly touted freshman as many snaps as you could afford? The whole “we don’t have time to waste on a 4th string QB” is the most ludicrous thing I’ve heard yet out of any of our current staff.
And before anyone comes in with the whole “Bailey spent time in quarantine” stuff, you’re going to tell me he had zero opportunity to participate in any practices?
I don’t buy it at all. If you don’t think the kid can help your program, tell him as much and let him transfer. If you think he can help, spend as much time as possible getting him somewhat ready.
Just my take.
GBO!!

I agree the offense is a crap cocktail, every ingredient stinks right now, if Chaney is a top 3 OC he should be able to figure this out, soon.

I'm not sure I agree with this statement. We have something special in Gray. He is who we should build a game plan around right now.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So I was talking to a coach and I said enough is enough. I was then told we hv viable options but when an OC has his guy that he has recruited he doesn't want to lose a recruit than can be a program changer. The way qbs work is if a recruit thinks he has a chance to be the man he will come in regardless of numbers because qbs are divas and others will leave. So if they play a young guy and he shines and locks down a spot then they lose said recruit. So that made me feel as if someone is saying that they're trying to hold tight on JG who is awful to appease to the 21 signing class thats not finalized yet. I'm not quoting him on this but it was said and I'm not putting this on Chaney because he'd tell me if he felt like this. We have a very close relationship and he's a friend of mine regardless of where he works, but another guy told me this. I kinda shook my head and refused to ask Chaney because I've literally never heard him say any kinda bs like this EVER
I really like Chaney and really want him to succeed and I truly hope they are not sitting the more capable QB(I don’t know if Bailey is the guy or not?) because he is not “their guy” or because they want to hold on to “their guy” in an upcoming recruiting class! I’m not singling out Chaney, hell, it may be Pruitt making that call(if true) but if that’s the case, we are in trouble!
GBO!!

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
They need to stop being stubborn and call the plays for this group since they obviously cant read a D or get lined up right. Take the pressure off the Qb to make nonstop adjustments within 15-20 seconds. I haven’t seen many spicy plays run expect go routes.

Just let Kennedy get them lined up. Then you can run more perimeter stuff with all this speed and shiftyness we have. Screens, slants, and pitches. We just aren’t good enough up front to run over people like Pruitt wants to . I like chandler but he’s not physical enough to make his own hole.
You realize we had 175 yards rushing against Kentucky, and that was with no threat of a passing game. We need to make a change at qb, it’s past due, but our oline and running game is good. With competent qb play we can play with anyone in the conference. With Guarantano at qb we can lose to anyone in the country (see ga. St.).

VN Store

Back