Kentucky - Georgia Game Thread

Hey. I said, and I quote:

UK played like crap and deserved to lose.

But then, some of you don't bother to read the whole post.

Hey. I said, and I quote:

UK played like crap and deserved to lose.

But then, some of you don't bother to read the whole post.
Actually Crawford played really well. Bradley and Stevenson were awful. Bradley was a bit of a surprise, although in actuality he needs many more FTs to get somewhere and Stevenson is just that way.

I thought the foul play attempt and blocking the free throw were bush league. I expect more from KY.

I don’t know if this has been posted and I have not seen the replay but is it possible that a foul could have been called on the KY player on that inbound play. Were his feet set or was he still shuffling his feet and moving into the GA player.

I thought the foul play attempt and blocking the free throw were bush league. I expect more from KY.

I don’t know if this has been posted and I have not seen the replay but is it possible that a foul could have been called on the KY player on that inbound play. Were his feet set or was he still shuffling his feet and moving into the GA player.
If trying to draw a foul in that manner is bush league, then Bob Knight, Dean Smith, Roy Williams, and Larry Brown are guilty. I've seem them, among others, use the same tactic.

Wow. UK loses and all the Orange payasos come out to gloat. I thought some of you had more class than that.

UK played like crap, and lost. They deserved to lose by the way that they played.

Good luck in your game tonight. You should coast. After all, we all know that Pearl, Lofton, and company are superior, and anything less than a blowout would be disappointing.

:ermm:

As if Big Blue Nation doesn't "gloat" whenever UT loses in something.

I fail to see how something that is in black and white in the NCAA Rule Book is bush league. That is a foul no matter which way you look at it...It was a horrible no call that effected the outcome of a tournament game.

Not sad that KY lost trust me....but it was atrocious.

I too thought it was a bush league attempt to create a bail out call. I thought it was a great piece of officiating to apply advantage/disadvantage and ignore the contact.

Q: Did the contact affect an opportunity to attempt a shot to win the game?
A: No.

They were not trying to get the ball to Bradley so he could attempt a full-court shot. If he gets run over at the last second while attempting a FG, then, yeah, call the foul. But, not that play. That contact affected nothing.

I do agree that UGA shoudn't have fallen for that and given the refs the opportunity to blow the whistle.

I agree with the poster who said that it wasn't called, because it was a contrived scenario 94 feet from the basket with one second left.

That is and was a no-call.

I too thought it was a bush league attempt to create a bail out call. I thought it was a great piece of officiating to apply advantage/disadvantage and ignore the contact.

Q: Did the contact affect an opportunity to attempt a shot to win the game?
A: No.

They were not trying to get the ball to Bradley so he could attempt a full-court shot. If he gets run over at the last second while attempting a FG, then, yeah, call the foul. But, not that play. That contact affected nothing.

I do agree that UGA shoudn't have fallen for that and given the refs the opportunity to blow the whistle.

I agree with the poster who said that it wasn't called, because it was a contrived scenario 94 feet from the basket with one second left.

That is and was a no-call.

All of the above points go against the NCAA Rule Book. There is not a line in the book that asks " Did the contact affect an opportunity to attempt a shot to win the game".

The rule book is going to say that contact like that is a foul on somebody, but I don't think a team should be bailed out by the refs when they contrive a foul situation 94 feet from the basket in lieu of attempting a GW-FG.
I also don't think the hand-check foul should have been called in a tie game at the buzzer earlier this season in what I think was the Nova-G'town game.

VN Store

Back