Kentucky Game Total Embarrassment

idk.. iowa is playing a nice game right now against indiana. they run a nice offense and their defense is great this game.

The way Dre Edwards is playing….nah… she had a great tournament and it looks like everything is clocking for KY.. I don’t see Caitlin beating a senior laden team with Rhyne, Massengill, and Edwards they are playing with a chip on their shoulders

The Kentucky game was a total embarrassments as the Lady Vols were both out coached and out played. The only good number from the game was 13 turnovers which is exceptionally low for this team. They were behind by 9 points at the start of the game and could have ended up losing by 12 points instead of 10. Key was absolutely no factor in the last two games sitting on the bench with 2 fouls in the first half. Although the Lady Vols beat Kentucky badly in the previous game, it appears that they took this one as an easy win to be. The Kentucky coach Elzy had her team prepared and totally embarrassed the Lady Vols in the results.
Lol they knocked off USC also! In case you forgot, our best player is out also!

If u think a team that lost 3 to 4 key players is a total embarrassment, I would love to see u coach a team. They bet LSU with a better team than us, 4 graduates players and non of their fans call them embarrassment. Close ur mouth if u don't know how to open it. Key, Tess & walker didn't play well but good players sometimes are like that dosen't mean we should insult them. U praise 👏 them when they win but call them embarrassment when they didn't play well.

I totally agree about throwing around negative critiques of players. We are setting at someplace watching someone else play and have the nerve to say it is an embarrassment. Maybe you got your ments mixed up. It was a disappointment no way is this team is an embarrassment.

The only player we have capable of handling Howard is Jordy.
e
No, I've watched Rae do it a couple of times. KJH never puts just one player exclusively on the opposing team's star. Throws changes at them, and fresh legs. But Rae has stood out against Howard which is why she started on her yesterday. Anyway, Howard was not our problem. Not closing out on 3 pt shooters was.
I can’t agree. Howard loafs most of the season and then turns it on in the tournament. I would take any Lady Vol over Howard any day as our players go all out for every game. If I’m a WNBA team, I’m not taking Howard until round two. She’ll get cut from the WNBA in a second if she plays the same way she has in college. Selfish.
I think Howard is likely to follow the Diamond DeSheilds model: of course I play better for money! She'll be fine.
Two inconvenient facts...

As winners of their last 10 games and the SEC Tourney some will say that Kentucky is more deserving of a Top Four seed than the Lady Vols. Clearly, they might be a tougher out right now.

Kyra wins the SEC Tourney in only her second year as coach. And she would have loved to head coach at Tennessee.
Here's a convenient fact: the LVs won 18 of their first 19 games. Both teams have ebbed and flowed, KY's just doing it at a better time. BC their missing players have returned. Ours have not.

The power that be wants the team with star player or players to get most of the breaks IE Howard and others for Kentucky, Hard to play the other team plus 3, Not saying would have won but it looked like to bad calls
Yes, because that worked so well for Howard when they were losing to Vandy and Florida during their long losing streak. Or Boston today.

Amazing how Tennessee has won a single game with the united front of Tennessee oppressors formed by the media, refs, HS recruiting services, AAU leagues, NIL, television networks, commentators, AP pollsters, league coaches, and Massey and NET computers. Did I miss anyone?

Yes, because that worked so well for Howard when they were losing to Vandy and Florida during their long losing streak. Or Boston today.

Amazing how Tennessee has won a single game with the united front of Tennessee oppressors formed by the media, refs, HS recruiting services, AAU leagues, NIL, television networks, commentators, AP pollsters, league coaches, and Massey and NET computers. Did I miss anyone?
Ironically, if the world in general has something against UT, it's exactly because of this incessant whining that we been done wrong. I think it makes us a laughing stock, understandably. We've become a self fulfilling prophecy of lame, babbling victimhood.

Ironically, if the world in general has something against UT, it's exactly because of this incessant whining that we been done wrong. I think it makes us a laughing stock, understandably. We've become a self fulfilling prophecy of lame, babbling victimhood.
It's ridiculous. From reading this board, you'd think Tennessee has never legitimately lost a game. Lose by 25 against Florida! "tHe rEfS DiD iT!!!!!!"

Unbelievable!

Hey - the Creekdipper has been around women's basketball since way back in the last century and was an excellent coach back in the day. He knew Pat when she played half court. He knows his stuff.

The Kentucky game was a total embarrassments as the Lady Vols were both out coached and out played. The only good number from the game was 13 turnovers which is exceptionally low for this team. They were behind by 9 points at the start of the game and could have ended up losing by 12 points instead of 10. Key was absolutely no factor in the last two games sitting on the bench with 2 fouls in the first half. Although the Lady Vols beat Kentucky badly in the previous game, it appears that they took this one as an easy win to be. The Kentucky coach Elzy had her team prepared and totally embarrassed the Lady Vols in the results.
….hmmm. This OP didn’t age well, did it? The selections will come out, then it’s win or go home. It’s a tournament format from here on out.

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
You need to remove your head from your a$& and see you are one of maybe three people who think this way. Troll.

Reactions: PRG and mlindsay

Find the forum for idiots please.

The way Dre Edwards is playing….nah… she had a great tournament and it looks like everything is clocking for KY.. I don’t see Caitlin beating a senior laden team with Rhyne, Massengill, and Edwards they are playing with a chip on their shoulders
She had a lucky shot.

... I think Howard is likely to follow the Diamond DeSheilds model: of course I play better for money! She'll be fine...

A dalmation can change fire trucks
but
the spots follow them

Then again, there is Diamond ;o)

Why not just be happy for a former Lady Vol and hope that we have a more successful NCAA tourney run? Kentucky had injury issues as well as Edwards constantly being suspended. They got it together and I’m so happy for Coach Elzy. She won’t be losing that job anytime soon like some has suggested. We just fixed our pg issue with the portal and can possibly add a ⭐️. Our future is looking better so just be thankful of that. Our girls worked their asses off day in and day out and instead of some of y’all acknowledging that you’d rather complain. And I bet it’s coming mostly from non athletes. #HealUpJordan 🙏🏾

We have 5 (including Tess) Freshmen that got invaluable experience this year, back as much improved Sophomores next year, and still have Tamari, Horston, Marta, and Walker on the roster, also Emily and Jessie, plus newcomers Powell (an experienced point guard), and a highly rated Freshman shooter in Pissott coming to play.

If our team does really well next year, it won’t surprise me a bit.

I'll tell ya one thing, Kim Mulkey certainly fully understands what all the hullaballoo about the SEC was about now. She said that even BEFORE her team was upset in the tourney, but then seeing what happened to both Tennessee AND No.1 South Carolina, too, drove the point home with a heavy sledge.

It was an incredibly exciting tournament, and I hate like hell I wasn't able to be in Nashville for it. 😫

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
We have 5 (including Tess) Freshmen that got invaluable experience this year, back as much improved Sophomores next year, and still have Tamari, Horston, Marta, and Walker on the roster, also Emily and Jessie, plus newcomers Powell (an experienced point guard), and a highly rated Freshman shooter in Pissott coming to play.

If our team does really well next year, it won’t surprise me a bit.

Every year in the spring I think this about the upcoming season. And I have the same feelings as you about the team next fall.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
One word describes the LVs against UK in the tourney. Lethargic. I didn't turn the game on until I got home and this was where the LVs had just gotten the gift of the foul and the associated technical foul with it. That should have turned the game around and fired them up as they got with 3 or 4. UK hits a 3 and they went back to lethargic. They need to shake that mess off here quickly.

VN Store

Back