Kentucky favored by 6?

I agree, if we had a better qb showing last night I’d be all in on the vols. My fear is that we play a drawn out low scoring boring game in Lexington.
We are going to play a bunch of drawn out low scoring games with Pruitt at the helm. He wins with defense, any offense is just a bonus. Better get used to a conservative game plan under Pruitt.

Reactions: chuckb1448
We are going to play a bunch of drawn out low scoring games with Pruitt at the helm. He wins with defense, any offense is just a bonus. Better get used to a conservative game plan under Pruitt.

It appears you are right. Old school football in today's game of football will get u maybe 8 wins, if you have superior talent.

No...

Kentucky lost to Miss State and South Carolina by two scores...

In the SEC, and perhaps college football in general, who lost to who doesn't much matter. You get teams who get their butts blown out by some so and so school. Then that blown-out team turns around and upsets a powerhouse in convincing fashion. Only to fall to another team that's a perennial loser.

iu

I think we'll be dogs in the rest of our games except Vandy. Probably a 3pt favorite since we're at home.

Yes, I think we will be 7-10 point underdogs at Kentucky and Missouri.

Probably a 3 point home underdog to Vandy. They have beat us 5 of last 7 or some such.

We beat Carolina 41-21. I don’t think when we are executing that he and Chaney have a conservative game plan. I just don’t think JG with a limp hand executed as well as we could have last night.

Kentucky will tear Jarette apart. We'll lose that game by ten points or so unless Shrout goes the distance.

Last year is a non-factor for next week’s game.
I would normally agree with that, but looking at the way Kentucky has played vs Tennessee under Mark Stoops, it's clear that we never get their best game. That was true even the one time they won under Stoops in 2017. There is something about this series that brings out the worst in Kentucky. We do to them, what Florida does to us. Also, oddsmakers pay attention to the recent history in the series. They know that Tennessee is 5-1 vs Stoops. Playing at home, Kentucky may be favored but it won't be by more than 3 1/2 points.

Kentucky will tear Jarette apart. We'll lose that game by ten points or so unless Shrout goes the distance.
Your post would garner more credibility if you bothered to spell "Jarrett" correctly. That is hard to ignore. For what it's worth, Guarantano was 12/20 for 197 yards, 2 TD's and 0 Int's vs Kentucky last year. He was sacked one time. Those aren't great numbers, but that is hardly being torn apart.

WHY is everyone so hyped on Kentucky when Pruitt beat the best team UK ever had last year?
Because what happened last year has no bearing on this year? Because we havent won a road game so far? Because we are good enough to play with Bama but can also play bad enough to lose to Ga State and BYU?

Reactions: Pacer92

Everything you've said here is true and its because of his limitations with JG at QB

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Because what happened last year has no bearing on this year? Because we havent won a road game so far? Because we are good enough to play with Bama but can also play bad enough to lose to Ga State and BYU?

I would also say what happened in the first two games this year has very little bearing on what happens this week.

I like our defense in this one again. They’ve found their stride and their pride. They’ll hold KY to 17ish. Offense just needs to keep the KY D on the field a lot in the first half, finish them off in the second.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I would also say what happened in the first two games this year has very little bearing on what happens this week.
I agree. But I was pointing out it 8s about how we play and not some mystical bs that we will win because almost always do.

Absolutely didn't play that way against usc.

Reactions: BowlBrother85

VN Store

Back