Kentucky fan thoughts

Volfan574

Seems some Ky fans think Wheeler was slammed to the ground. In reality he did some kind of ballerina jump with a twist in the air and fell to the ground. Nobody touched him, lol.

Ky comments:

#1 Cheap calls on Oscar putting him on the bench for a significant portion of the game and the no calls on the Wheeler body slam and the chop block on Toppin taking his legs out from under him are examples. The large disparity in free throws is more evidence.

#2 The effort was poor but the officiating was also abysmal. Given fair officiating things mighta been different, we were making a push, Wheeler gets slammed to ground no call, immediate touch foul on Oscar on the resultant break.

Seems some Ky fans think Wheeler was slammed to the ground. In reality he did some kind of ballerina jump with a twist in the air and fell to the ground. Nobody touched him, lol.

Ky comments:

#1 Cheap calls on Oscar putting him on the bench for a significant portion of the game and the no calls on the Wheeler body slam and the chop block on Toppin taking his legs out from under him are examples. The large disparity in free throws is more evidence.

#2 The effort was poor but the officiating was also abysmal. Given fair officiating things mighta been different, we were making a push, Wheeler gets slammed to ground no call, immediate touch foul on Oscar on the resultant break.
Officials were biased towards us in general due to home court advantage but not egregiously so. Wheeler wasn’t a foul, broadcast agreed after replay. Tshiebwe wasn’t playing well anyway and got away with a few before that. Hard to totally blame officiating when you basically lost by 20

We had some ticky tack calls against us also (mainly on Zeigler)

Last edited:
I was at the game when we got destroyed in Rupp last month and while most of the UK fans were gracious and content to ride out their 30 point win, there was a vocal minority who screamed at the refs until the last whistle.

Just like we see in our own fan base, some people are only happy when they’re miserable.

Ky comments:

He flopped for a call. Some guys pattern their games after soccer players with all the flopping. It was his elbow that got a boo boo but he laid on the ground like someone had cold cocked him or shot him while his team played 4 on 5. Get the hell up. You legs work. You got another arm. Same for Washington. Sat on that bench in a self absorbed pity party instead of being involved in the game in any way he could to support his team. Just sat there playing with his hair and playing for the cameras. Just a sorry display. For all their talent, I'm going to go against the experts and say that UK is too damned soft to win the title. The first hard nosed rough and tumble defensive team they draw will send 'em home. I'd love to see how they'd fare against a team like Texas Tech.

Complaining about refs is one of the most annoying things any fan can do. Yes there are terrible calls some games but they usually never fully decide a game. UK fans are awful about this. I understand if a ref blows a whistle on a final possession or so because yes that can decide a game but when you get beat by 10+ you simply just got outplayed.

I live in the heart of BBN and was proudly wearing my Vols gear yesterday. A few people blamed the refs for that beating lol. When we took our beating I just accepted that we got beat and outplayed.

He flopped for a call. Some guys pattern their games after soccer players with all the flopping. It was his elbow that got a boo boo but he laid on the ground like someone had cold cocked him or shot him while his team played 4 on 5. Get the hell up. You legs work. You got another arm. Same for Washington. Sat on that bench in a self absorbed pity party instead of being involved in the game in any way he could to support his team. Just sat there playing with his hair and playing for the cameras. Just a sorry display. For all their talent, I'm going to go against the experts and say that UK is too damned soft to win the title. The first hard nosed rough and tumble defensive team they draw will send 'em home. I'd love to see how they'd fare against a team like Texas Tech.
Good points. Calipari pretty much called them out in his press conference; said they need to look to themselves for why they got stomped.

Ky comments:

Well, we have a group on our board that blames the refs every game we lose and want acknowledge it when we get the calls like the Arizona game. Every fan base has those that use that as a crutch.

Ky comments:

Since my wife is a UK fan we decided to watch a movie instead of watching game together. Gameday in our house is not a pleasant sight!! LOL I did turn on the ESPN app at about the 4 minutes mark left and we had shot 17 ft's to their 14. Have to take in consideration when you are trying to foul at the end of the game to try and get back into it, foul and ft's totals will be more one sided. Of course, the same can be said when we went to Corrupt Arena.

For about 11 minutes in the first half the only points Ky got were on foul shots. Ky shot more fouls in first half than Tenn did. And that with Tennessee shooting 2 on the Cal “T” he got

JJ & Fulkerson we’re in foul trouble also. Ky fans are the dumbest.

In general their players all whined like little girls on every call that went against them. Players emulate their coach in many cases. And I agree about Washington. Yes, I’m sure he was down after being hurt but he could have shown at least a little support for his teammates. As it was, he sat there like a sullen 3 year old. Me, me, me. It’s all about me. Too common among today’s players.

Ky comments:

Well, bless their little hearts.

Ky comments:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: feathersax
Someone posted on here prior to the game that Kentucky wasn't called for their first foul of the game in Lexington until around the 12 minute mark of the second half. If that's true, Kentucky fans should just accept that Tennessee played with the determination needed to win the game. I sometimes question foul calls, but really, watching from the viewpoint of my living room, I really can't see most fouls unless it's very obvious.

Ky comments:

That was a very good no call - Wheeler was completely out of control and out of options - he tried to twist into the defender at the last minute and somehow draw a call - but unfortunately not close enough to the defender and the refs were not buying. He laid on the court for a while trying to draw sympathy but
don't think he received any - including from Cal who saw it for what it was - and replaced him at point guard for a while. It was perfect defense which isn't easy - he is quick and he carries the ball.

Ky comments:

KY got alot of "home cooking" in the first game. They weren't crying then,

Seems to me the guys calling the game (ESPN) added to the ideas of what happened to Wheeler and Washington. If my memory serves me correctly, they said something like "Wheeler was slapped down, no call" then the replay crew pulled up the incident and sure enough Wheeler just wasn't graceful enough to make the move he made and he fall down.
When Washington went down while he was on the floor at the other end, with the camera on the action, one of the announcers said "Washington is down, he was hit in the face...." Washington made a misstep and hurt his knee and was covering his face as the replay showed.
I remember saying to my wife why do these idiots make statements like that without waiting to see what actually happened? She replied, well there wouldn't be any drama in that.

VN Store

Back