Kennedy Chandler's future? [drafted No.38 to Memphis]

Latest cbs sports mock has him as the 36th pick to Portland

There has been chatter on Locked On Atlanta Hawks on You tube that Portland and Atlanta have been discussing a potential trade of Collins and 16 to Portland for 7, 36 and Bledsoe or Hart and former Vol Keon Johnson was even mentioned during this podcast.

Reactions: Dougie_D
Kevin O’Connor from theringer updated his draft today and has Kennedy going 27 to the heat

Ja post when he’s on vacation and partying and what not. Basically the life of a 22 year old with money that’s a star in the NBA lol. It’s nothing out of the ordinary.
Telling someone you will shoot them is “ordinary” ? Lol

Ja post when he’s on vacation and partying and what not. Basically the life of a 22 year old with money that’s a star in the NBA lol. It’s nothing out of the ordinary.

Ahh, got it. I’m not on social media. But Ja is a good dude and taking care of his parents. I would have no problem with KC using him as a role model.

Ja Morant told a fan on Twitter that he would shoot him. I would say that’s not normal lol
Context is very important. You present like he just picked some random person and threatened to shoot them. That sir would be abnormal... someone making hyperbolic threats to someone they feel is attacking them is pretty normal. Especially on a platform like Twitter. Nothing to see here. Not saying he is right to do it just saying if you are looking to Twitter as someplace where the brightest minds of humanity express themselves .. you might be the one with the problem.

Context is very important. You present like he just picked some random person and threatened to shoot them. That sir would be abnormal... someone making hyperbolic threats to someone they feel is attacking them is pretty normal. Especially on a platform like Twitter. Nothing to see here. Not saying he is right to do it just saying if you are looking to Twitter as someplace where the brightest minds of humanity express themselves .. you might be the one with the problem.
Ok lol I’ve seen many arguments on the internet, and I can tell you, threatening to shoot someone is not normal.

Anonymous Exec on Chandler for Seth Davis' annual candid takes on prospects article:

Kennedy Chandler, 6-0 freshman guard, Tennessee. “If you’re ever going to take a small guard, this would be the guy. He’s got speed and quickness, and the ability to turn the corner. He had to share time with (Zakai) Zeigler at the point so he played a lot off the ball, but he’s not a combo guard. He’s a much better shooter than T.J. Ford was at this stage. He tested unbelievably well at the combine with his athleticism. His free throw percentage (60.6) scares me. Once he gets past 21 feet he looks very uncomfortable shooting the ball. I worry about him finishing in the lane in our league. If you look at Rick Barnes, all the guys he’s put in the NBA have exceeded their potential. They come in ready to play. Seeing him in person, he’s got a bigger body than I thought. He’s pretty well put together.”

Anonymous Exec on Chandler for Seth Davis' annual candid takes on prospects article:

Kennedy Chandler, 6-0 freshman guard, Tennessee. “If you’re ever going to take a small guard, this would be the guy. He’s got speed and quickness, and the ability to turn the corner. He had to share time with (Zakai) Zeigler at the point so he played a lot off the ball, but he’s not a combo guard. He’s a much better shooter than T.J. Ford was at this stage. He tested unbelievably well at the combine with his athleticism. His free throw percentage (60.6) scares me. Once he gets past 21 feet he looks very uncomfortable shooting the ball. I worry about him finishing in the lane in our league. If you look at Rick Barnes, all the guys he’s put in the NBA have exceeded their potential. They come in ready to play. Seeing him in person, he’s got a bigger body than I thought. He’s pretty well put together.”

That sentence near the end needs to be repeated and plastered everywhere. That's a quote from an NBA executive.

Imagine him with the Celtics, don’t have a first round pick. They’re trying to move up, Grant’s name has been mentioned as bait. Not necessarily for Chandler, for Eason/LSU

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Imagine him with the Celtics, don’t have a first round pick. They’re trying to move up, Grant’s name has been mentioned as bait. Not necessarily for Chandler, for Eason/LSU
I guess that is just internet speculation, but it’d be surprising for the Celtics to part ways with GW! Seems like he’s the perfect off the bench player without spending a fortune. Can’t image he’s not great in the locker room.

Reactions: Coddlecreek1
I guess that is just internet speculation, but it’d be surprising for the Celtics to part ways with GW! Seems like he’s the perfect off the bench player without spending a fortune. Can’t image he’s not great in the locker room.

Depends. His value is really high right now because he still has 1 year left on his rookie scale deal. They might wanna cash in that value now.

Reactions: Coddlecreek1
Depends. His value is really high right now because he still has 1 year left on his rookie scale deal. They might wanna cash in that value now.

What high value do you think GW has? Jerami Grant just got traded for a late first rounder (and some second rounders being swapped) and he is a much better player than GW. I love Grant and think he is a valuable role player, but those guys aren't netting first rounders in a trade. GW is worth more to the Celtics than what he would bring in a trade.

On to KC, the Athletic's final mock this afternoon doesn't have KC in round 1.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
What high value do you think GW has? Jerami Grant just got traded for a late first rounder (and some second rounders being swapped) and he is a much better player than GW. I love Grant and think he is a valuable role player, but those guys aren't netting first rounders in a trade. GW is worth more to the Celtics than what he would bring in a trade.

i could see him being part of a trade for John Collins. Something like Grant and Horford for Collins. That’d about match the salaries and Horford is a big expiring which has value.

Collins is a good player, but he doesn’t fit in Atlanta. They need more defense to hide Trae Young.

As for Jerami Grant, that’s nuanced.

Detroit is clearing cap space to sign Ayton in free agency or a sign and trade. There weren’t many teams with he cap space capable of taking Jereami Grant. Supply and demand led to him being traded for peanuts.

In the end it’s like they traded Jeremi Grant for Ayton

Last edited:

VN Store

Back