kelly post game on tess darby tess is a shooter

i totally agree. she has learned to be in position most of the time when on the floor. she has become a favorite of mine to watch

Yes! A month ago I kept saying she wasn’t getting herself open. In the last 3 or 4 games she is really finding her spots. She’s making herself available for the transition 3 and she’s staying spaced better in the offense.

Prior to she was often just standing and watching while her defender stood. Now she’s making her defender work.

Have also seen her pump fake and take off the dribble for a few nice passes. If she could work on a 10’ jumper she could have it as many times as she wants. Players are starting to run at her a lot harder now…

Puckett, Horston, Rae, Wynn, and Walker will all be seeing time on the wings this season, in addition to Darby. Total of 80 minutes for those two positions. Horston and Rae are gonna average almost 25 to 30 minutes each, minimum, so that leaves 20 to 25 to be split between Puckett, Wynn, Walker and Darby. Next year substitute Pissott in that sentence for Rae, and don't forget to add Marta to the mix, too.

Puckett will probably play more at the 4 than at the three this year due to foot speed and defense. Walker/Miles will be continue to be relied upon to handle PG duties. With Rae back there’s much less of a reason to have either of them play the 2 guard for the most part.

Puckett will probably play more at the 4 than at the three this year due to foot speed and defense. Walker/Miles will be continue to be relied upon to handle PG duties. With Rae back there’s much less of a reason to have either of them play the 2 guard for the most part.

All true, but I've seen us go to Miles/Walker/Horston at the 1/2/3 often, especially when the opponent is good at the full court press. Three ball handlers. I think we have a lot of versatility and different combos to match different situations. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out through the rest of the season and into the tournaments. I'm glad we have Tess to help with the wing positions as needed.

All true, but I've seen us go to Miles/Walker/Horston at the 1/2/3 often, especially when the opponent is good at the full court press. Three ball handlers. I think we have a lot of versatility and different combos to match different situations. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out through the rest of the season and into the tournaments. I'm glad we have Tess to help with the wing positions as needed.

Very true! Whenever turnover become a problem from the press that’s a great lineup to go with! Nice call out

I like the kid I just feel she looks a little out of place. Yes she can knock down a 3 here or there but she can absolutely NOT play defense period. She has good size but is very slow. She cannot score at any other level and her ball handling is very weak. I do not feel like she should be a starter there are other kids that bring more coming off the bench. I think she would of been a stud at the mid major level
Jmo

And when she misses a shot, which is pretty often, good lord does she miss...

Disagree Tess will still get about 20 a game due to helping Rae and Horston rest during games and then next season she’ll more than likely be a starter and we saw what we can do when she’s there. Hopefully Walker stays and we are able to find a post replacement player for Dye and we should be right back in the thick of it next year. Kellie has done a great job building a team to watch for sure
Tess also seems to constantly be communicating with others when she is on the floor. Her understanding of what they need to be doing seems pretty high.

Tess, and everyone else, would benefit from getting into the good habit of using the backboard on the shots they get under the basket. Using the backboard significantly increases the chances it’ll go in.

But hey, I’m old and old-fashioned. What could we oldsters possibly know?! :rolleyes:

Tess, and everyone else, would benefit from getting into the good habit of using the backboard on the shots they get under the basket. Using the backboard significantly increases the chances it’ll go in.

But hey, I’m old and old-fashioned. What could we oldsters possibly know?! :rolleyes:

This drives me nuts. They make the shot much harder than it needs to be.

This drives me nuts. They make the shot much harder than it needs to be.

If I were coaching I would insist on the players using the backboard at close range, especially if they are on one side or the other, and if they didn't, it would go down in the stat book as a negative, and that negative would have consequences in the next practice.

Like I said, I'm old, and sometimes I think like an old hard-@ss coach. lol

In all seriousness, though, I actually would like for someone on staff to make that a priority for these players. Using the backboard, I mean. And keeping the stats for when they do and don't use it. I really believe it would help the team.

Yes, yes, by all means. The backboard is your friend! There's a reason for that little square on the glass above the rim.

Re: Tess...I was trying to offer constructive criticism above but don't mean to take away from her contributions as a positive influence while on the floor. I'm sure the coaches recognize this and are taking advantage of that to help us off to a 17-1 start.

Tess is developing into one hell of a fine sniper from 3 point land...When Justine gets here next season, Tess, Buckets, and Justine will make the 3 point ball legendary here...
FFnzdPsXsBEDm4K

Yes! A month ago I kept saying she wasn’t getting herself open. In the last 3 or 4 games she is really finding her spots. She’s making herself available for the transition 3 and she’s staying spaced better in the offense.

Prior to she was often just standing and watching while her defender stood. Now she’s making her defender work.

Have also seen her pump fake and take off the dribble for a few nice passes. If she could work on a 10’ jumper she could have it as many times as she wants. Players are starting to run at her a lot harder now…
i noticed the same exact thing about her. it was so frustrating that she wasnt moving trying to make the defender work. And now on defense she really moves her feet well to guard. she is becoming an sec player right before our eyes. and a damn good one.

That’s what I heard my entire career. And it’s true. Put that thing high off the glass and it’ll try to go in for you.

Anyone heard anything about Tess’s little sister Edie? She’s supposedly pretty good. She should be next year or the next.

Edie Darby is class of '22. ProspectsNation has her listed as 5'6". For those saying she is too short, Brooklyn Miles is listed on the Lady Vols roster as 5'4". And, Que Morrison is listed on the Georgia website as 5'7". I'm not saying that Kellie and staff should be recruiting her. I'm just saying height may not be the issue. If the shooting aim is there (and the ProspectsNation evaluations suggest that it is) then there may be other issues. If she really wants to play with her sister, consideration of a walk-on, if Kellie would agree, might be an idea, with an eye toward proving herself. But, I trust the staff to make their decisions about the players they want.

Jim

Edie Darby is class of '22. ProspectsNation has her listed as 5'6". For those saying she is too short, Brooklyn Miles is listed on the Lady Vols roster as 5'4". And, Que Morrison is listed on the Georgia website as 5'7". I'm not saying that Kellie and staff should be recruiting her. I'm just saying height may not be the issue. If the shooting aim is there (and the ProspectsNation evaluations suggest that it is) then there may be other issues. If she really wants to play with her sister, consideration of a walk-on, if Kellie would agree, might be an idea, with an eye toward proving herself. But, I trust the staff to make their decisions about the players they want.

Jim
kelly had edia at a teen camp. tess and edia last year little sister % on three's was little better. edia dardy has highlight videos on her twitter. she shoots nice three shot . playing for greenfeild tess last year in highschool. mudcat says edia highlight videos are worth a watch.

VN Store

Back