Kellie Jolly Harper Salary package

Well going by what was said and maybe having to pay a buyout and more for assistants than Phil wanted to do .

Around half, believe I read she was supposed to receive additional $100,000 if she stayed past April 20?, which I guess she’ll miss.

Yeah, I forgot about that. At least MoSt can use that money in their search.

I was thinking that Kellie's base salary just about tripled but wasn't factoring in incentives.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
In spite of what the resident women haters club trolling network has pushed as its agenda KJJH was a commodity we had to compete for to hire. She was linked to numerous other Power 5 job openings and this was her market value. In truth she wanted this job and once she showed interest dominoes started to fall while other schools waited to see if UT was going in a different direction other than KJJH. I was surprised Fortner was not lobbying for this job and I know I would rather have Harper. Her market value might have been a little lower IMO but then again she was the hot up and comer .
Interesting and what about all the man hating lady vol fans who said men shouldn't be allowed in the women's game?

Excuse my ignorance, but is that 750k per year or over 5? I have no clue how much wbball coaches make.

I think is too much also, thinking that fulmer was trying to save money. She was making $250,000 at Mission State. 4 or 5 would've been great for her.

just be glad KJH didn't make it to the elite 8. She'd have cost much more.

That’s not true at all
It's worked out once here, ever and that was Bruce Pearl. Tennessee lucked out and they've tried to recreate that over and over and over and over. The only thing that remains consistent is bargain hires never work and it's made a lot of undeserving people wealthy from buyouts.

It's worked out once here, ever and that was Bruce Pearl. Tennessee lucked out and they've tried to recreate that over and over and over and over. The only thing that remains consistent is bargain hires never work and it's made a lot of undeserving people wealthy from buyouts.

It’s not them being a bargain hire that was an issue..... it was our administrations incompetence when it came to hiring coaches...... most of the coaches that everyone was clamoring over was “bargain” hires when they started at their school. We just need a competent administration that hires the right coach no matter where they are from. I trust Phil more than the rest that we have had here.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I think is too much also, thinking that fulmer was trying to save money. She was making $250,000 at Mission State. 4 or 5 would've been great for her.
Did you ever stop to think that maybe for 4 or 5 she wasn't willing to take the risk and take on what is a pretty tough job? It's easy to say what Phil shoulda/coulda/woulda done without knowing all the facts behind his decision.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Fargas is far from 2nd in SEC.

Mississippi State - Vic Schaefer $1.596 million
South Carolina - Dawn Staley $1.45 million
Kentucky - Matt Mitchell $1.3 million
Texas A&M- Gary Blair $1 million
Georgia -Joni Taylor $750,000
LSU - Nikki Fargas $700,000 Rabalais: Nikki Fargas will get her three more years, but it's what she does with them that counts

Funny that this is pointed out about Nikki's salary, when someone on here said if Nikki were to come here she would've been the highest paid coach in the SEC. Either Nikki is greedy and dumb or whoever said that is a damn liar, because I have a hard time believing Nikki would've only come to UT to make at least $1.6mil.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Glad I don't work for any of you low ball bidders. Sounds like you think minimum wage should still be $1.25 an hour.

Did he not interview? I read that he did
Still doesn't mean he wanted the job. I have interviewed at places before and left there with a thanks but no thanks mindset. Have you ever turned down an offer when you had multiples?

Still doesn't mean he wanted the job. I have interviewed at places before and left there with a thanks but no thanks mindset. Have you ever turned down an offer when you had multiples?
This seems to be irrelevant unless you know that was the case here... which I don’t believe you do.

Did he not interview? I read that he did
Link? He was rumored as an early candidate. Never read or heard of an interview. TBH when was ANYBODY interviewed? Fulmer kept this one close to the vest.

VN Store

Back