Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

So I see we added Jewel Spear today. Will KJH added anyone else, or do you think she's done?

I really hope the portal additions are enough to take us to another level. Still waiting on KJH to prover herself.

Reactions: Go aeiou
So I see we added Jewel Spear today. Will KJH added anyone else, or do you think she's done?

I really hope the portal additions are enough to take us to another level. Still waiting on KJH to prover herself.
Hope we find a young post either 2022 or redshirt 2022 (basically a 2023)

Reactions: Deebowbear
I sincerely hope KJH puts it all together. I want to see this program back where it belongs. There will never be another Pat, may she RIP, but that doesn't mean this program shouldn't be striving to live up to the level of expectation she set.

Last year everybody on the forum was "We're weak at PG",,,Kellie and staff has addressed this, maybe even overly-addressed it.

This year the fear is "post" (although we have potentially two for the next two years.)

Next year it will be about replacing a scoring-Forward

It'll always be something...It is that way in HS, AAU, college and the pros,,,there will always be a weak spot or a future weak spot or a strong player leaving an open spot.

And there will always be a D____ to magnify it and use it to propose a weakness in the org.

Last year everybody on the forum was "We're weak at PG",,,Kellie and staff has addressed this, maybe even overly-addressed it.

This year the fear is "post" (although we have potentially two for the next two years.)

Next year it will be about replacing a scoring-Forward

It'll always be something...It is that way in HS, AAU, college and the pros,,,there will always be a weak spot or a future weak spot or a strong player leaving an open spot.

And there will always be a D____ to magnify it and use it to propose a weakness in the org.

So you're suggesting that there's been too much talk about UT's weaknesses when we all should be focusing on all the national titles
we've won in the last 20 years? Or the final fours? Oh, wait....

Reactions: olddog and Putbacks
So you're suggesting that there's been too much talk about UT's weaknesses when we all should be focusing on all the national titles

Turby,at least get your facts correct. Lady Vols were in final four in 2004,2007,and 2008 with the latter two resulting in national championships . So in saying 20 years,it you need to say three trips to final four. You repeatedly use 20 years but should change to 15.

Not at all,,,I'm just saying Rome wasn't built in a day and Coach Kellie won't rebuild what Holly damn near destroyed,,,in a blink.

Do I think everything is butterflies and rainbows,,,NO
Is it headed in the right direction,,,yes
Will there ever be a season where we don't foresee a gap in the makeup,,,no

Should we all be pessimistic,,,no,,,we'll leave that to the negavols
angry-mad.gif

Not at all,,,I'm just saying Rome wasn't built in a day and Coach Kellie won't rebuild what Holly damn near destroyed,,,in a blink.

Do I think everything is butterflies and rainbows,,,NO
Is it headed in the right direction,,,yes
Will there ever be a season where we don't foresee a gap in the makeup,,,no

Should we all be pessimistic,,,no,,,we'll leave that to the negavols
View attachment 578402
It is interesting that people don't realize what a mess Holly made our program and lost the culture that was built here.

Kellie isn't perfect, but she is working her tail off and all things aren't hs receuiting anymore. LSU wbb and Colorado football are the perfect example. Deion has 51 transfers, yes 51.

At some point, our fan base needs to get behind Kellie and be supportive and stop worrying about the Pat days. I respect Kellie for even staying here and putting up with some of the non-sense she gets from fans.

Last edited:
It is interesting that people don't realize what a mess Holly made our program and lost the culture that was built here.

Kellie isn't perfect, but she is working her tail off and all things aren't hs receuiting anymore. LSU wbb and Colorado football are the perfect example. Deion has 51 transfers, yes 51.

At some point, our fan base needs to get behind Kellie and be support and stop worry about thr Pat days. I respect Kellie for even staying here and putting up with some of the non-sense she gets from fans.
Well said!

At some point, our fan base needs to get behind Kellie and be supportive and stop worrying about the Pat days. I respect Kellie for even staying here and putting up with some of the non-sense she gets from fans.
Preach it.

Perfect example of a double standard too, hop over to the men's 24 recruiting forum and it's only 36 pages compared to the 151 here. How many commitments does Barnes have for 24? 0. That's right 0, but for some reason he doesn't get the heat Kellie does.
the double standard is deserved and cherished:
tn lv history.jpg

Perfect example of a double standard too, hop over to the men's 24 recruiting forum and it's only 36 pages compared to the 151 here. How many commitments does Barnes have for 24? 0. That's right 0, but for some reason he doesn't get the heat Kellie does.
Seriously? Barnes needs an asbestos suit from all the heat he gets. He's almost universally criticized for failure to launch in March. He's also heavily knocked for lack of offensive innovation. He's acknowledged to be a defensive genius (or at least hires assts who are) and a recruiting master. And a hella good guy.

No double standard here. We're just extra blabby about recruiting, or lack thereof, thus the extra pages. Check out some of the other threads over there for plenty o' Rick railing.

I respect Kellie for even staying here and putting up with some of the non-sense she gets from fans.
Who wants to tell him?

Don't pin a rose on ole Kellie just yet. Her millions in salary mean a whole lot more than anything "the legends of the miserable" could ever babble. Fan chatter, including ours, means nothing. Nor does trying to change the culture of sports fan forums.

Seriously? Barnes needs an asbestos suit from all the heat he gets. He's almost universally criticized for failure to launch in March. He's also heavily knocked for lack of offensive innovation. He's acknowledged to be a defensive genius (or at least hires assts who are) and a recruiting master. And a hella good guy.

No double standard here. We're just extra blabby about recruiting, or lack thereof, thus the extra pages. Check out some of the other threads over there for plenty o' Rick railing.
He even has the nega-nickname bc of his inability to shine during the playoffs… "regular season Rick".

Last edited:
I joined this forum in 2018 as a Kellie defender. I didn't understand the rational of people who expected a quick turnaround. I continually commented that Kellie, at that time, was in relationships with recruits below the Lady Vol standard and that other coaches had been in relationships with LV level recruits for many years. I postulated that give Kellie time and she will be recruiting top 20 players within 4 recruiting cycles. As Kellie is now in her 6th recruiting cycle (2019-2024 inclusive), I am hoping that 2024 recruiting proves me correct or I will eat my crow with extra sauce please.

EDIT: I like Kellie as a coach. Players have improved and she handled a very difficult situation with Rickea with outstanding results.

I'm simply talking about the vol nation message board. I didn't see any heat towards him for them not having a recruit yet.

I'm simply talking about the vol nation message board. I didn't see any heat towards him for them not having a recruit yet.
Equity of a conference tournament championship and regular season championship. He got heat for recruiting players like Grant Williams among other 3*’s. His teams have disappointed in the post season but somehow manage to get into the Top 5-10 and even got #1 for a stint.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Who wants to tell him?

Don't pin a rose on ole Kellie just yet. Her millions in salary mean a whole lot more than anything "the legends of the miserable" could ever babble. Fan chatter, including ours, means nothing. Nor does trying to change the culture of sports fan forums.
Harper's salary is not millions. It's @ $800,000

Reactions: travis929

VN Store

Back