Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

agree,,,but the difference between punishment and abuse is "one more lash"
This board has profusely let the entire org know they are not impressed
but to keep throwing new threads and personal attacks has crossed the line into abuse.
I'm just not cool with that

I too posted a negative post or two,,,but at some point I have to bring em in, give em a hug and tell them I still love them,,,if I don't,,,I am no better than the true negavols
if the org is concerned about this board/any board we have bigger problems than 2-4.

This is not a "gossip fence" anymore.
World Wide Web
it has to be monitored and considered.
If you can't understand that, I can't help you to
millions of fans in the Tennessee brand. Like I said bigger problems, not always going to be pats on the backs and agreeing.

Reactions: T_Vol376
It has to be monitored for creeps, not critics.

creeps, and, critics
monitored as well for ;
trends,
personal attacks,
what the fans/public is saying in regards to situations
prospects
early info. . . . . .

You really don't get it do you?

We are one of the highest referenced social media sports teams in the country. #2

If we are indeed that omnipresent in social media, how foolish of us to not monitor it and even use it as an influence?

BC if we as an organization don't monitor it, use it, respect it....Someone else will do it for us, adversely

And since the 29 against Ohio State, they’ve turned it over 18 times in a win over UMass, 15 times in a loss to Indiana, 21 times (only 7 by the starters) in a blowout win over Rutgers, and 14 each in losses to UCLA and Gonzaga.

I realize there are some people that aren’t happy with any number of turnovers, and certainly the 14th against Gonzaga was a killer, but this narrative that they’re a turnover-prone disaster and that’s why they’re losing just isn’t accurate. 29 was unacceptable. But the numbers suggest that it was addressed as you suggested that it should be.

They need to turn the corner and start winning games. We had high expectations for this team this year, for good reason. Two losses are to current top 8 teams. From what I saw on the crummy FloHoops feed, UCLA is good thanks to the addition of that transfer PG. Tennessee is better than Gonzaga, but they’re picked to win their conference. But I’m not going to be over alarmist right now.

They need to win out until Stanford, then take their shot and try and prove they belong in that game.

Spot on. And the extreme of the OSU game had a lot do to with the very scrambled rotations. Against a weaker opponent, Kellie's line-up experimentation would not have been so costly, So, yes technically put that one on the coaches but it was an aberration.

Any team can live with 10 to 15 TOs so long as they are not kind that lead to easy transition buckets. From my view, the lack of shooting is really becoming the teams Achilles's heel. I believe they only took 7 3's against the Zags (and made 3 of em). In contrast, the Zags took 8 for 22 so not a great % (but okay) and that fact created a 15 point differential. And when a team only takes 7 shots from outside it makes so much easier for the defense to pack the paint.

Last edited:
The proverbial punch(es) in the mouth has happened.
The first couple of times it rocked the team/bench and neither reacted well.
But in the Gonzaga game, we didn't just roll over and take it,,,we fought to the very end.
Now we know how important it is to throw the punch first. Or at least, throw a punch back.

I saw a lot of growth in this one game...In this past game against Gonzo we; Didn't give up multiple >7 pt runs,,,we didn't go into spasmatic periods of unforced turnovers,,,We were in this game right up to .2 seconds,,,our turnovers were reduced. Support from the bench was much more visible and vocal. A lot of positives came out of this last game.

A win, sure, we wanted,,,,But growth,,,,we needed.!

I'm pretty vocal out her and pretty visible.
I gave Coach K "what for" in the past as well, but now this org need fans to show true fanship.
Its time to decide as fans if we want to be part of the problem or part of the solution.
A lot of talk on here about other programs/coaches talking down TN,,,but here it is,,,the fodder that lets them talk.

Folks, people read this "back yard fence talk"
Players, staff, families, fans, prospects, foes-fans, trolls,,,,,Everybody's wondering about the negativity spread to dis-sway prospects and recruits well here it is...and we are fueling this fire.

First it was the players, then the head coach, then Jon, then Joy....Is Coach Sam next?
And they don't just get it here, they get it on other SocMedias
The whole program knows this site and many read it.

This staff went out and explored a new option (portal) and built a team that on paper should make a serious title run.
We still have those players and they are impacting this program.
How about we use at least ONE thread and support them.

Kellie, I am 100% behind you and will stay that way.
Jon, Joy, Sam you have my full support.

VolNation,,,its time to show we can support as strongly as we have shown we can reprimand

Go Lady Vols!

Most teams don’t have a forum like this where anyone can come here, (from any fanbase), and call out players, and Coaches, by name, and say most anything they want, no matter how critical. If you have players or their parents pay attention to anonymous posters and get upset, they are going to make sure everyone knows about it, which can hurt future recruiting.

It’s like if you’re a burglar, do you go to the house with a big barking dog, or do you go to the quiet house. Looking for treasure, not stealing of course.

Since this forum is probably here to stay, we’re going to have to recruit players that are tough minded, thick skinned, and have immense confidence in themselves. Those kind of players will win here, become famous, and be remembered by thousands of fans. The choice to come here will all be worth it.

Last edited:
Congrats...you avoided a trap.

So, who do you like for next year?

I mean, until the job actually comes open is there really any point to speculating?

giphy.gif

The days where other teams fear the "brand" are pretty much over. There is enough parity that any top 50 team believes they can beat an "elite" brand with the right game plan.

The "since Kellie came here, no one fears us anymore" is speaking to a trend that began long before CKH arrived and is now widespread across WCBB

The days where other teams fear the "brand" are pretty much over. There is enough parity that any top 50 team believes they can beat an "elite" brand with the right game plan.

The "since Kellie came here, no one fears us anymore" is speaking to a trend that began long before CKH arrived and is now widespread across WCBB
They may not fear the Brand, but they know it, and will always play their best to beat the Lady Vol Brand.

And this team,,,(so far,,on paper),,,is the type of team that could change that perception...Or,,, prove it.

So right now, if it is to be changed, I am going to do all I can to make it happen
And the most I can do is believe in my coach when others can't find that ability

We all are for Tennessee. Just some her get viewed negatively for pointing out the arriving view in advance (last year) that others have now gotten too. Honesty get confused with “negativity” or trendy “nega”

Fans are 80-20,,,you know the "Pareto Principle" thing...
Most fans fall in either
80% positive and 20% negative
or 80% negative and 20% positive
I'll take group A please

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I never understand these "I'm 100% behind the coach" posts. I mean, 100%? Until when? There's no breaking point?

I'm not making any pronouncements on Harper, but my 100% support is for Tennessee. The coach is immaterial to me. I support keeping the coaches which bring Tennessee success and support not keeping the ones who don't bring the (Lady) Vols success. 2-4 is not good. I hope it improves. If it does, great. If it doesn't, then we should head in a direction which ensures we do improve upon where we it now.

So this means that you will be singing the praises of the coaching staff and players when the turnround occurs (along with those who indicate that they agree with you)?

Cool. Looking forward to it.

No pure shooters, terrible fundamentals and weak post play. We looked bewildered out there much of the time. Whoever is coach has to fix it. This team has major issues.

We all are for Tennessee. Just some her get viewed negatively for pointing out the arriving view in advance (last year) that others have now gotten too. Honesty get confused with “negativity” or trendy “nega”

Are you including all posters here among the "we?" Because there is a significant number, many who only appear when a game isn't going well and who constantly insult, needle, and gloat over the slightest misfortune. And who never seem to have a kind word when things are going well.

Last edited:
Are you including all posters here among the "we?" Because there is a significant number, many who only appear when a game isn't going well and who constantly insult, needle, and gloat over the slightest misfortune. And who never seem to have a kind wird when things are going well.
We is anyone who follows and supports Tennessee. Not everyone feels the need to check in daily. Losing brings people’s frustrations out.

Reactions: T_Vol376 and olddog
creeps, and, critics
monitored as well for ;
trends,
personal attacks,
what the fans/public is saying in regards to situations
prospects
early info. . . . . .

You really don't get it do you?

We are one of the highest referenced social media sports teams in the country. #2

If we are indeed that omnipresent in social media, how foolish of us to not monitor it and even use it as an influence?

BC if we as an organization don't monitor it, use it, respect it....Someone else will do it for us, adversely
bench rotation and game management ideas?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back