Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

Darth_Vol

Some have called it hyperbole, but here's where the current team stands now about a third of the way through the season:

Field Goal Percentage: .398 WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (next lowest .408 in 2015-16)

Free Throw Percentage: .589 WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (next lowest is .627 in 1985-86)

Three Point Percentage: .278 THIRD WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (two worst were .231 in 1988-89, .254 in 2015-16)

Points Per Game: 66.9 SECOND WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (worst was 65.6 in 2015-16)

Assists Per Game: 12.9 TIED FOR WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (the 1992-93 team actually finished with 12.91)

I think there's a lot of stuff to fix. All of the above can be fix with handing out time on the pine. Only problem is their all doing it.

Reactions: alexvol
Some have called it hyperbole, but here's where the current team stands now about a third of the way through the season:

Field Goal Percentage: .398 WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (next lowest .408 in 2015-16)

Free Throw Percentage: .589 WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (next lowest is .627 in 1985-86)

Three Point Percentage: .278 THIRD WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (two worst were .231 in 1988-89, .254 in 2015-16)

Points Per Game: 66.9 SECOND WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (worst was 65.6 in 2015-16)

Assists Per Game: 12.9 TIED FOR WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (the 1992-93 team actually finished with 12.91)

First off, who would believe your facts? I've not seen anyone call your lies hyperbole so I don't know where you get that from. Simply put, nobody but your Nega friends and your new little fan buddy believe anything you say. Did you bother to calculate the shooting percentage through a third of the season for an accurate comparison. Didn't think so. Does not fit your Nega agenda.

9-1 Baby. Gettin' ready to be 10-1. Deal with it!!!

I think there's a lot of stuff to fix. All of the above can be fix with handing out time on the pine. Only problem is their all doing it.

Maybe you can "fix" several of your noted "problems" but I don't think shooting is one of them. You either can or you can't. I liken this to a baseball pitcher: if he can "throw" the ball, say 90mph plus and hit his target, then he can be taught how to be a "pitcher". Same with a person who can hit the hoop say at a 50% plus rate, this person can be taught how to use his god given talent and become an accomplished scorer. If god didn't bestow the shooting ability, man sure can't.

Funny how fans love whistling past the graveyard. The "9-1" "we're awesome" is nothing but blind faith. Basketball teams that cannot shoot the basketball are NOT going to win anything of substance. Pitiful FG% and worse FT% means early tourney exit and L's against good teams. It's very hard to get excited for this basketball team when anyone with a pulse can see that the writing is clearly on the wall how this story ends. Until Harper starts recruiting real basketball players instead of "athletes" with size... these types of performances will be the status quo.

Simply put, nobody but your Nega friends and your new little fan buddy believe anything you say.

Still speaking for the entire forum Mr. God Complex?

special-ralph.gif

Funny how fans love whistling past the graveyard. The "9-1" "we're awesome" is nothing but blind faith. Basketball teams that cannot shoot the basketball are NOT going to win anything of substance. Pitiful FG% and worse FT% means early tourney exit and L's against good teams. It's very hard to get excited for this basketball team when anyone with a pulse can see that the writing is clearly on the wall how this story ends. Until Harper starts recruiting real basketball players instead of "athletes" with size... these types of performances will be the status quo.

9-1 Baby. Deal with it.

First off, who would believe your facts? I've not seen anyone call your lies hyperbole so I don't know where you get that from. Simply put, nobody but your Nega friends and your new little fan buddy believe anything you say. Did you bother to calculate the shooting percentage through a third of the season for an accurate comparison. Didn't think so. Does not fit your Nega agenda.
Rickster there you go again .....incessant attacks on anyone who has comments that .....in your perception ...does not fit your agenda and are negative posters .There is such a thing as criticism of the Lady Vols that is factual no matter what you think about it .Your attacks on posters get old ....at least to me.

One of the best shooters on the team is Puckett, whom Kelli recruited. We also have Pissott coming in next year who is billed as a great 3 point shooter. I see our shooting getting better thanks to the players Kelli is recruiting. Now where she still needs a lot of work is on offense, particularly ball movement, player movement and setting screens for our 3 point shooters to get open looks.

I agree with your basic premise that this is a very poor shooting team and hence will not generally win against the good offensive teams.But,there is still time to improve the shooting ......that is what is called player development......especially on the free throw shooting.....

What I've seen thus far there are only four or five teams that can really shoot the ball. As long as we don't play one of them and that is not likely early we could easily make the sweet 16 and maybe if we get lucky the elite 8.

Rickster there you go again .....incessant attacks on anyone who has comments that .....in your perception ...does not fit your agenda and are negative posters .There is such a thing as criticism of the Lady Vols that is factual no matter what you think about it .Your attacks on posters get old ....at least to me.

Don’t care what you think. We all know fans are not allowed to reply to Negas because negas consider it an attack.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlindsay

it's not ANYONE,,,it is DARTHnegaVOL
and he may not speak for all but he certainly speaks for the REAL fans

Sounds like this generation of kids is not hitting the practice courts like previous ones did. Free throw shooting is a stat that shouldn't vary all that much generation to generation, unless players stop practicing them.

I would say this is why Kellie was looking for gym rats. If you have no control over how often they get in the gym, or what they do there, then you need kids you can trust to be self-motivated and implement your training regimen on their own time.

We can be a defensive minded team and still win because we have Key down low to clean up anything that gets by. But when she is taken out of the game by one means or another, we are extremely vulnerable.

If we could shoot even an average percentage we would run teams out of the gym. Not sure how you fix this during a season since the problem isn't getting good looks, it is hitting the dang shots. We just have to hope we get hot in the games where we need it most. Unfortunately, it is usually the opposite. Better opponents are usually harder to score against.

Don’t care what you think. Just crawl back up Darth and have a nice day. Does nort matter that he started it. We all know fans are not allowed to reply to Negas because negas consider it an attack.
Wow ,that truly shows your character ....I say again your definition of negavols is ludicrous and yours and yours alone.Everyone in this country has a right to state opinions on this board and that includes criticism of our beloved Lady Vols.....and there no reason whatsoever to label anyone a nega vol based on their comments .JMO....and that is just my opinion....waiting with bated breath for your attack on this post ...

Don’t care what you think. Just crawl back up Darth and have a nice day. Does nort matter that he started it. We all know fans are not allowed to reply to Negas because negas consider it an attack.

They are fans too. They just disagree with you and you are too immature to allow them to have their say without throwing a fit.

If you are through holding your breath and rolling around on the floor trying to make people think you are the aggrieved party, maybe you could go look up stats that make a case against what Darth posted, or show his stats to be wrong. Otherwise you concede the point just like you always do --- gracelessly. And FFS stop the childish "but he started it, Mom" BS. For one thing, it isn't true as entire threads of personal attacks on Darth will show, and for another, it is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. You are, I assume, a grown man. You need to act like it and stop being an embarrassment to the whole fanbase.

VN Store

Back