Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per

I wasn’t impressed with those stats either, but I was very impressed by this..

Keller Chryst QB Stanford 2017 - YouTube

I had to turn it off after the 3:04 mark...too tired of watching all of those first downs and TD’s...

;)

Blue ink disabled for those who have their sarcasm detectors on low or off.

Revising my Reg.Season win total from 6 to 7.5...

JG lovers...On your mark, set, FLAME!

Reactions: 2 people
How can you judge a young QB that had horrible coaching, no protection, in an atrocious offense, on a fractured and disinterested football team, under an unexperienced offensive coordinator who proved incapable? Where can you find any absolutes about this kid?

The Ga Tech Game tape???

Reactions: 1 person
Jumping the gun much? This kid won’t be here until after he graduates in June. And he already got beat out by a Sophomore for a job. JG has every advantage on him, no matter how much you guys want to manufacture this immaturity or lack of mental toughness you think JG has. He will be a good back up plan in a worst case scenario.

He was injured and no JG does not have an advantage on him. It's a new system for everyone involved, if the coaches felt strongly about JG ability to run their offense then why would they be bringing in a graduate transfer? Someone with KC ability isn't going to transfer to be a back up.

With Keller Chryst injured, K.J. Costello to make first career start at QB for Stanford – CollegeFootballTalk

Look for McBride to leave after spring practice once he findsout that he’s not getting any reps

Hold on, does this staff actually have a plan to get better?

I'm starting to think so.

Now, which DL is getting moved to OL?

The JG supporters must have watched last season play out in an alternate dimension where extreme mediocrity is celebrated.

I’m not necessarily a “JG supporter”, I just haven’t Liquid Papered the surrounding reality from last season. No one’s talent can be judged accurately with the backdrop of that total mess. No one’s “celebrating” mediocrity...just acknowledging that we can’t separate performances when EVERYTHING sucked!

Reactions: 2 people
Look for McBride to leave after spring practice once he findsout that he’s not getting any reps

If the coaches come in prejudged, he couldn’t be blamed. He’s got an available redshirt.

I had to turn it off after the 3:04 mark...too tired of watching all of those first downs and TD’s...

;)

Blue ink disabled for those who have their sarcasm detectors on low or off.

Revising my Reg.Season win total from 6 to 7.5...

JG lovers...On your mark, set, FLAME!

Oh all those highlights on a HIGHLIGHT TAPE! :lol:

with chryst shrout redshirts

That’ll be the plan for sure. I’m just saying Shrout will be the 3rd best qb on our roster this year and if we get into a injured qb situation like last year, and the season is going better and there’s something to play for, they’ll pull his redshirt because he’ll give us the better chance to win than McBride.

Hopefully this turns out better than Shaq Wiggins
Like comparing apples and oranges. Two (2) different people who play two (2) totally different positions who came from two (2) totally different programs and coaches. Wiggins, a defensive player coming from a program more known for offense. Chryst coming from a program that is known for competing at a high level year in and year out. Also, the positions they play have a totally different impact on the game. Quarterback is arguably the most important position on a football team. Oh, and the academic reputations of the two (2) schools are very different.

He has never completed even 57% in a qb friendly conference and with a way better team. He had a worse Jr year than JG had as a Fr. JG more accurate, on deeper passes, better qb rating. In the SEC with a horrible team. But you think Chryst is an automatic upgrade who obviously starts?

Some of you just want anyone. First it was Dormady, then McBride, then Shrout, now Chryst. All these dudes who JG had better seasons than last year aren't going to take his job.

Chryst will be good to push him though. He is decent.

He has never completed even 57% in a qb friendly conference and with a way better team. He had a worse Jr year than JG had as a Fr. JG more accurate, on deeper passes, better qb rating. In the SEC with a horrible team. But you think Chryst is an automatic upgrade who obviously starts?

Some of you just want anyone. First it was Dormady, then McBride, then Shrout, now Chryst. All these dudes who JG had better seasons than last year aren't going to take his job.

Chryst will be good to push him though. He is decent.

I just want you to recognize I’ve been posting the same takes...for future reference. :eek:k:

This post is spot on. JG has shown physical toughness, (mental not so much), other than that he has shown no ability to lead the offense. I'd be willing to bet, 4 games if not earlier into the 2018 season, this guy or Strout will be our starting QB. Heck Mcbride has shown more poise and leadership on the field than JG.

Idk if JG will be the guy or not, but he was so poorly coached and underdeveloped that I expect him to make a big leap next year. Will it be enough to start...maybe. Either way, he will be much more equipped to be a starter.

This seems like the Saban game manager type of QB that he used at the beginning of his run at Alabama. He could be a safe and stable choice at QB if no one can break away as a winner. Hopefully we never have to find out and somebody will emerge as a natural fit for the offense.

Good grief people relax , have no idea who will become the starter BUT more talent just arrived on campus and that’s a huge plus.

We need more talent at every single position for playing and competition purposes. The better QBs that our D has to practice against the better off and can only help

Reactions: 4 people
QB of the future could be Shrout, KC gives him a year to develop. Just saying' b/c JT ran the pro style 'O' in HS and he can make the deep throws. Gonna be an interesting spring.

I heard he will be here in July. JG can make his position known in the Spring.

VN Store

Back