Karoline Striplin

Was watching a replay of the UT/Tech game today when the camera showed a crowd shot....At 4:47 of the first quarter, Karoline can be seen shaking a UT shaker right after a score....Not sure who she is standing next to in the stands, but her height is evident....She has on an orange/yellow checkered shirt/ blouse and some blue jeans.

If I posted the game it would take way to much bandwidth...

Guys, this girl will transform our inside game into a big asset....She will be starting by the 3rd game, if not sooner.
striplin.jpg
GT, know you are high on her, I say she needs some time in the game before she can do all the wonderful things you and coach J predict, but she needs that time to adjust man

Lol, I said on the game thread that the off-season poster hype on Striplin got a little hot and bothered. Whole conversation upthread about her as solid SEC FOY material.

Listen, she's totally welcome to turn out to be exactly that, and I will gladly eat my hat. It's just she's a little rawer than I expected given the hype around here. I'm leaning more toward initial impressions of her, will probably end up a nice player but will need work.

Reactions: Rooster1
Yes!
As good as I expect Karo to be, to put so much expectation on her is a little daunting,,,especially with Dye and a potentially healthy Green

My predictions for her:
14-16 minutes
8-10 Pts
6-7 Rebs
4-5 Assts

This would give her Kasi-like (in her better season) numbers.

Karo is going to be a very strong Lady Vol, I believe this, but she has two graduating forwards playing with her,,,two proven (in their old conferences) forwards. And this bodes well for Karo, as she will be able to adapt to and learn the collegiate game without the weight of the world being on her to immediately contribute.
That’s what I’m talking about man, give her time, your predictions are too early and too high now dude

Last edited:
We have a girl here, with a great ready for college frame, and an amazing attitude.

We also have a girl here who has never played college ball and though not actually slow, is not going to be confused with anyone who has any level of quicks. No jump to the girl either and laterally is let’s say “average”.

So we are not talking supreme athlete here ok. We are talking about a high IQ basketball player with a solid frame and some skills, some very nice skills but no experience in college ball and needing to figure out now how to do the same things she did in HS against faster, taller and more talented players than she faced in HS.

She will get there, but she has a lot to learn and adjust to before she can meet these unreal expectations.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcannon1
Boom!
bulls-eye

We've been hurt by speed guards more than tall-guards.
That is why I pulled for Miles initially
Her AAU coach said she was a "dog" on defense and that is high praise

As far as Striplin, I am confident in her from day one. She will not need time to adjust, she is ready

Puckett too,,,very much a Katy Smith clone. And tough as nails too

Kaiya will be the surprise that may fill Rennia's shoes
Thx “coach”

Last edited:
GT, know you are high on her, I say she needs some time in the game before she can do all the wonderful things you and coach J predict, but she needs that time to adjust man

KS will prove to be a valuable post player...It may take more than the 3 games I thought she would need to start, but I continue to believe in her...She'll get there.

I came in on the second quarter so I missed all of her minutes. Her box score doesn't look bad for only 4 minutes played. Why is everyone down on her?
I'm not and I don't want to come off as negative that's not my style but I saw videos people were posting from high school on here and I was like she has skills but that's too slow at the college level when she develops more speed and quickness she will be fine that's why Miles is ahead of the freshman pack right now. speed and quickness can cover up her lesser skill set than the others cause she can get to her spots with ease on defense and offense

I came in on the second quarter so I missed all of her minutes. Her box score doesn't look bad for only 4 minutes played. Why is everyone down on her?
I think if she was in the position to play enough minutes you would see some practical stats. Right now she is playing behind a lot of players so we don't know how well she would perform if minutes were available. You have Key, Green, and Puckett getting called to play before her. She seems to be fourth on that rotation. She made a shot then took a shot with three people around her near the free throw line instead of passing out of it and she was pulled never to return. She is going to be an effective player sometimes it takes longer for some to get the mental game down. Wynn is somewhat like that also on offense trying to do to much.

I think if she was in the position to play enough minutes you would see some practical stats. Right now she is playing behind a lot of players so we don't know how well she would perform if minutes were available. You have Key, Green, and Puckett getting called to play before her. She seems to be fourth on that rotation. She made a shot then took a shot with three people around her near the free throw line instead of passing out of it and she was pulled never to return. She is going to be an effective player sometimes it takes longer for some to get the mental game down. Wynn is somewhat like that also on offense trying to do to much.
Concerned about Wynn effective around the basket and in transition but her 3 pt and mid range shots are ugly ppl are comparing to Rae freshmen year but I thought Rae played better then Kaiya so far in the freshmen year perspective

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Concerned about Wynn effective around the basket and in transition but her 3 pt and mid range shots are ugly ppl are comparing to Rae freshmen year but I thought Rae played better then Kaiya so far in the freshmen year perspective
She should play to her strengths and the three pointer is not it for her at this time in her career. You also can't just drive to the basket and throw something up which she is prone to do. I love her defense solid there, but on offense she is a lot like Rae as freshman poor decisions on shots and what shots to take and pass up.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
She should play to her strengths and the three pointer is not it for her at this time in her career. You also can't just drive to the basket and throw something up which she is prone to do. I love her defense solid there, but on offense she is a lot like Rae as freshman poor decisions on shots and what shots to take and pass up.
I really agree with this comparison. Rae, as a freshman, was jaw dropping good or bad depending upon the minute. But I loved her motor and confidence. Now we see what those attributes look like with maturity.

I think Wynn is trying to prove she belongs she's a little out of control on offense but she has a fire and you don't want to put it out as she matures we might have a diamond in the rough player if Kellie is playing her then she sees some intangibles at practice that says I just got to mold this and she will be fine

I think Wynn is trying to prove she belongs she's a little out of control on offense but she has a fire and you don't want to put it out as she matures we might have a diamond in the rough player if Kellie is playing her then she sees some intangibles at practice that says I just got to mold this and she will be fine
She is going to play plus ten minutes per game for sure. She is going and may already be one of the best perimeter defenders anywhere.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Wynn, Karo, Bk, and Puckett are freshmen who have one game under their belts. It is WAY to soon to make judgements about them. I'm sure they all learned something last night in a baptism of fire. They will all be fine players at UT soon enough. Remember that Al McGuire used to say that the best thing about freshmen is that next year they'll be sophomores.

Wynn, Karo, Bk, and Puckett are freshmen who have one game under their belts. It is WAY to soon to make judgements about them. I'm sure they all learned something last night in a baptism of fire. They will all be fine players at UT soon enough. Remember that Al McGuire used to say that the best thing about freshmen is that next year they'll be sophomores.
I do think you can make judgements based on what you see and not be criticizing and judgements are not the final say on that's how a player is going to be for example Karoline does need more speed and quickness I think that's fair to say it's not criticism and doesn't mean she want achieve those attributes any young lady that's suits up for the LV is going to get my respect and admiration but I also hope I can be candid about something I think I see without it being seen as negative and If it comes off as negative I welcome any opinion from another poster to debate

Reactions: mcannon1
I do think you can make judgements based on what you see and not be criticizing and judgements are not the final say on that's how a player is going to be for example Karoline does need more speed and quickness I think that's fair to say it's not criticism and doesn't mean she want achieve those attributes any young lady that's suits up for the LV is going to get my respect and admiration but I also hope I can be candid about something I think I see without it being seen as negative and If it comes off as negative I welcome any opinion from another poster to debate

Where did I say your opinions were negative or not wanted? I just expressed my opinion about about the issue at hand without attacking you as negative.

Where did I say your opinions were negative or not wanted? I just expressed my opinion about about the issue at hand without attacking you as negative.
I never said you said that I was making a statement just like you so you assumed that's why I posted what I did. I was just giving a reply not insinuating you said I made negative comments so you see it was a misunderstanding on your part but no big deal we got clarity now

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back