Karoline Striplin

Marta is healthy and she’s been practicing. Y’all have got to calm down. Lawd help us.
the foot issue is pesky heard some uconn players are still dealing with it despite them getting injured around the same timeframe as Marta

Reactions: dapeak
Yeah foot injuries can become long term issues but watching her play this summer I’m hopeful it isn’t the case. I’m also hopeful because she physically looks to be in great conditioning, better than she was before or after the injury.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I'd like to add something about Miles. Over the last decade when Tennessee has had so many taller guards, we've also occasionally watched in frustration as several opponents hurt us bad with their small, quick, pesty guards who were able to steal the ball from our big guards and cit offthe passing lanes with the extra lateral quickness the itty-bitties often have.

My hope is that Miles makes it her mission to become the type of annoying defensive pest opponents with bigger guards hate to see. And she needs to work extra hard to build stamina so that Kellie can depend on her to give her strong minutes in situations where we need someone who seems never to get tired to press, press and press harder. Her smaller size can be the thing that gets her court time if she plays her cards right. She just needs to show Kellie that her motor never slows down!

Boom!
bulls-eye

We've been hurt by speed guards more than tall-guards.
That is why I pulled for Miles initially
Her AAU coach said she was a "dog" on defense and that is high praise

As far as Striplin, I am confident in her from day one. She will not need time to adjust, she is ready

Puckett too,,,very much a Katy Smith clone. And tough as nails too

Kaiya will be the surprise that may fill Rennia's shoes

Last edited:
Karoline is a hard worker, has great midrange game and is an excellent passer. She will also be a great teammate. Defensively she will play the position she can defend best! She will be a great sub off the bench for TK or Green .
Sara is a great perimeter player who has great size and an awesome work ethic and all around skill set. She will definitely see lots of minutes as a 2,3 or 4.
I look forward to seeing the depth and team work ethic increase because of these two girls! No matter how much they play, they will play a big role in the success of the team this year! It’s going to be a great year!

Yes!
As good as I expect Karo to be, to put so much expectation on her is a little daunting,,,especially with Dye and a potentially healthy Green

My predictions for her:
14-16 minutes
8-10 Pts
6-7 Rebs
4-5 Assts

This would give her Kasi-like (in her better season) numbers.

Karo is going to be a very strong Lady Vol, I believe this, but she has two graduating forwards playing with her,,,two proven (in their old conferences) forwards. And this bodes well for Karo, as she will be able to adapt to and learn the collegiate game without the weight of the world being on her to immediately contribute.

How many players last season averaged 4-5 assists per game, let alone in 14-16 minutes per game? Let me help you here, not many. In fact the leader in the conference last season averaged 5 as a starting PG. But you predict a freshman PF will average that many in 14-16 min per game, that would be one heck of a stat if pulled off. Same for your rebound predictions, look at the leaders last season, 6-7 a game in 14-16 minutes per game would be insane.

2021 Player Statistics (secsports.com)

Last edited:
Reactions: 37620VOL
Yes!
As good as I expect Karo to be, to put so much expectation on her is a little daunting,,,especially with Dye and a potentially healthy Green

My predictions for her:
14-16 minutes
8-10 Pts
6-7 Rebs
4-5 Assts

This would give her Kasi-like (in her better season) numbers.

Karo is going to be a very strong Lady Vol, I believe this, but she has two graduating forwards playing with her,,,two proven (in their old conferences) forwards. And this bodes well for Karo, as she will be able to adapt to and learn the collegiate game without the weight of the world being on her to immediately contribute.

I think those stats are too daunting. If she can get that production per minute, I'd rather see her play 30 minutes and extrapolate
20 pts
13 Rebs
9 Assts

More achievable would be 20 minutes, 6 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, including holding her own on defense and setting great screens on offense. No more than 2 TOs.

I think those stats are too daunting. If she can get that production per minute, I'd rather see her play 30 minutes and extrapolate
20 pts
13 Rebs
9 Assts

More achievable would be 20 minutes, 6 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, including holding her own on defense and setting great screens on offense. No more than 2 TOs.
That is way more reasonable. Jumper got a little excited with that prediction, he didn’t realize those numbers would put her among league leaders in assists and rebounds.

That is way more reasonable. Jumper got a little excited with that prediction, he didn’t realize those numbers would put her among league leaders in assists and rebounds.
I do not think Coach J got too excited and his prediction regarding Striplin, in my view, is a little low. I too see Striplin averaging double figures in points and seven to eight rebounds in about 20 minutes per game. Striplin is my pick for SEC FOY.

How many players last season averaged 4-5 assists per game, let alone in 14-16 minutes per game? Let me help you here, not many. In fact the leader in the conference last season averaged 5 as a starting PG. But you predict a freshman PF will average that many in 14-16 min per game, that would be one heck of a stat if pulled off. Same for your rebound predictions, look at the leaders last season, 6-7 a game in 14-16 minutes per game would be insane.

thanks for the research
nothing to crow about

I do not think Coach J got too excited and his prediction regarding Striplin, in my view, is a little low. I too see Striplin averaging double figures in points and seven to eight rebounds in about 20 minutes per game. Striplin is my pick for SEC FOY.

I think we will have two in the conversation for FOY

Reactions: J-Dog 1313
If Karoline gets 20 min per game and averages a double double or close as a true fresh she would be in rarified territory. In fact, I am not aware of any player, regardless of year doing that in 20 or less last year. Would likely put her in National freshman of the year final group, and if she puts up those numbers she will play way more than 20 min a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoBackBoard
I can’t figure out if y’all are being facetious or not?

Do you really think Striplin will average that stat line in her freshman year?

Reactions: djtee
it doesn't matter what we think, it matters what she thinks
Ummm right….but y’all are the ones saying she’s going to put up these numbers, so I’m trying to figure out if y’all think that’s realistic for her, with her coming into college playing a post position?

Reactions: NoBackBoard
She was impressive in an exhibition game against an inferior opponent. Not taking anything away from her on that. Better to be impressive in that situation than not. I'm not sure if we have a true 4 or a true 5 on our hands with her, or both. We'll get a better read on her strengths and weaknesses and all of our newcomers when we get deeper into regular season play, obviously. But i like what I've seen so far by all the freshmen.

That's narcissistic IMO; how many coaches out there want to receive a piece of dang net won by someone else. I can't make out what is said in the letter, but it strikes me as weird and a self-promotional stunt. "Hey, remember me, I won a championship 4 years ago."
😂😂😂

Boom!
bulls-eye

We've been hurt by speed guards more than tall-guards.
That is why I pulled for Miles initially
Her AAU coach said she was a "dog" on defense and that is high praise

As far as Striplin, I am confident in her from day one. She will not need time to adjust, she is ready

Puckett too,,,very much a Katy Smith clone. And tough as nails too

Kaiya will be the surprise that may fill Rennia's shoes
ok Coach. Still say she averages 8-10 points, 6-7 boards and 4 assists per game?

Last edited:
Yes, Kellie's comments were eye-opening. I've been one of many who had Karoline as the likely top freshman this season, but Harper was kinda lukewarm on her. I think she said something like, "I'm sure we'll get something from her this year because she's that kind of person" or some such. And Harper focused alot on Miles being small.

On the other hand, she basically said Puckett has the full package already, and hinted that Wynn is going to play. I haven't seen them practice, but I could see how Karoline might need extra time to adjust to the speed of the college game, and Miles the extra time to adjust to playing against much bigger, stronger opponents.
Miles is the most ready of the bunch

Last edited:

VN Store

Back