Karoline Striplin

My prediction is: 20 mpg; 12 ppg; 8 rbs; and 2.5 assts. As the season progresses, Striplin's numbers should get better and better. I still say Striplin will be a beast for the LVs.
She will get better but so will the competition. I think 7-10 pts per game and 5 boards would be a fantastic first year. I’m definitely looking forward to watching her grow.

Alabama stazs 21 watch the two freshman play more all stars than highschool games on them. on youtube

Reactions: Lucy
Alabama stazs 21 watch the two freshman play more all stars than highschool games on them. on youtube
giphy.gif

on tenn two freshman from alabama i could only find only one high school game of each girl. but all stars ala. staz 21 they was at least 4 of more games. on youtube do anybody know of any local tv ch. of tenn four freshman and their web sites? now on our ky point guard i think they were some of her high school games on youtube. on wynn i do not i found any her games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy
Karoline will be an important cog in the machine before the season is over. She is talented and has a big heart. Hard to find a better teammate I expect.
She will take a leadership role even as a freshman and it will benefit the team immensely

Ever since I started looking at the LV forum a few months ago, I have heard nothing but accolades for Striplin. I was surprised given that she wasn't that highly rated compared to what the raves would make you think, and she didn't rise up in the recruiting sites like Justine has. I was considering the possibility that the raves here may have been just exaggerated fan hype ( no offense, I get overly hyped too at times), but then Kelly comes out with even higher level of praise than the posters here in a recent N-S article. For her to say things like Striplin has "an unbelievable skill set" among other praises, it made me both excited to see her game as well as wonder why she wasn't rated higher in the recruiting services? Any thoughts about this?

Ever since I started looking at the LV forum a few months ago, I have heard nothing but accolades for Striplin. I was surprised given that she wasn't that highly rated compared to what the raves would make you think, and she didn't rise up in the recruiting sites like Justine has. I was considering the possibility that the raves here may have been just exaggerated fan hype ( no offense, I get overly hyped too at times), but then Kelly comes out with even higher level of praise than the posters here in a recent N-S article. For her to say things like Striplin has "an unbelievable skill set" among other praises, it made me both excited to see her game as well as wonder why she wasn't rated higher in the recruiting services? Any thoughts about this?

I believe the "unbelievable skill set" quote was about Sara Puckett, not Karoline. However, looking forward to seeing this freshman class perform.

I believe the "unbelievable skill set" quote was about Sara Puckett, not Karoline. However, looking forward to seeing this freshman class perform.
I too am looking forward to seeing this freshman class perform. This class is special and will help lead this team to a great year. Both Karoline and Sara are super skilled--both can score, rebound, and pass. And don't sleep on Kaiya and Brooklynn as they will be producers as well. The SEC FOY will come from the LVs Class of 2021.

Yes, my mistake. It was about Sara. Immediately under the quote in the paper there was a picture of Karoline, which confused me. Has it been Sara or Karoline that seems to get the most praise her since they signed with the LVs? I am not pitting them against each other, but I just remember getting especially stoked about the comments people were making about one of them and now I am confused. Both being from White 6'2" forwards from Alabama with almost identical Hoopgurlz ratings sure doesn't help either :cool:.

Yes, my mistake. It was about Sara. Immediately under the quote in the paper there was a picture of Karoline, which confused me. Has it been Sara or Karoline that seems to get the most praise her since they signed with the LVs? I am not pitting them against each other, but I just remember getting especially stoked about the comments people were making about one of them and now I am confused. Both being from White 6'2" forwards from Alabama with almost identical Hoopgurlz ratings sure doesn't help either :cool:.
Both have a lot of skill with Sara being more of a perimeter player and Karoline inside. What I like about both are their basketball IQ they make excellent decisions with the ball. I am so happy to have them both going to really up our bench performance and our point production per game. Either one or both could possibly work themselves into a starting position this season although being freshmen I expect both to play the backup roles this season.

Based on Kellie’s comments, I expect Puckett to get the most minutes of the freshmen. Seems like Wynn will fill Salary’s role. I don’t expect to see much of Miles or Striplin this year but who knows.

Based on Kellie’s comments, I expect Puckett to get the most minutes of the freshmen. Seems like Wynn will fill Salary’s role. I don’t expect to see much of Miles or Striplin this year but who knows.

Yes, Kellie's comments were eye-opening. I've been one of many who had Karoline as the likely top freshman this season, but Harper was kinda lukewarm on her. I think she said something like, "I'm sure we'll get something from her this year because she's that kind of person" or some such. And Harper focused alot on Miles being small.

On the other hand, she basically said Puckett has the full package already, and hinted that Wynn is going to play. I haven't seen them practice, but I could see how Karoline might need extra time to adjust to the speed of the college game, and Miles the extra time to adjust to playing against much bigger, stronger opponents.

Yes, Kellie's comments were eye-opening. I've been one of many who had Karoline as the likely top freshman this season, but Harper was kinda lukewarm on her. I think she said something like, "I'm sure we'll get something from her this year because she's that kind of person" or some such. And Harper focused alot on Miles being small.

On the other hand, she basically said Puckett has the full package already, and hinted that Wynn is going to play. I haven't seen them practice, but I could see how Karoline might need extra time to adjust to the speed of the college game, and Miles the extra time to adjust to playing against much bigger, stronger opponents.

Right. I think Karoline aill adjust and contribute more than Marta did last year(of course she got hurt but she’s not a natural post) but not really be fully up to speed until January/February but still a good piece of the puzzle until then.

Similarly expect Wynn to have a bigger/better presence than Salary very early on.

Puckett… sounds a lot like Katie Smith from the things said about her and her all around game… but I’m going to be cautious until the season starts.

And of course Miles’ height will be the barrier to overcome but If she reaches greatness defensively(and by all accounts seems more like a will vs skill issue sometimes) along the ability to shoot it consistently by the end of the year she’ll be fine. She seems fearless.

I’m not concerned about the freshmen. I’m wanting to see improvement in all the returners. How was Darby’s summer? How’s Marta looking in preseason after a summer abroad? Jordy’s shooting? Tamari’s aggressiveness/strength and conditioning? Walker’s shot? Has Rennie figure out her place on the team, and what is it? Emily???

Those are the questions I need answers to. But I’m overly optimistic that most of these questions will be answered with affirmative statements. Specifically with Darby and Marta they MIST have improvement in order for the freshmen to not be relied on as much; I think they’re glue type players for a squad like UT, defensively solid, can play multiple positions, and Darby talks on the court I could see her role similar to Lexie Hull @ Stanford

Daspeak, I read somewhere that Marta is having foot issues again. I don't know if that's actually true, but if it is it would explain why we're not seeing her in video clips or hearing any comments from the staff about how she's doing in practice.

Reactions: dapeak
I'd like to add something about Miles. Over the last decade when Tennessee has had so many taller guards, we've also occasionally watched in frustration as several opponents hurt us bad with their small, quick, pesty guards who were able to steal the ball from our big guards and cit offthe passing lanes with the extra lateral quickness the itty-bitties often have.

My hope is that Miles makes it her mission to become the type of annoying defensive pest opponents with bigger guards hate to see. And she needs to work extra hard to build stamina so that Kellie can depend on her to give her strong minutes in situations where we need someone who seems never to get tired to press, press and press harder. Her smaller size can be the thing that gets her court time if she plays her cards right. She just needs to show Kellie that her motor never slows down!

VN Store

Back