Karoline Striplin

GameTime

Was watching a replay of the UT/Tech game today when the camera showed a crowd shot....At 4:47 of the first quarter, Karoline can be seen shaking a UT shaker right after a score....Not sure who she is standing next to in the stands, but her height is evident....She has on an orange/yellow checkered shirt/ blouse and some blue jeans.

If I posted the game it would take way to much bandwidth...

Guys, this girl will transform our inside game into a big asset....She will be starting by the 3rd game, if not sooner.
striplin.jpg

Was watching a replay of the UT/Tech game today when the camera showed a crowd shot....At 4:47 of the first quarter, Karoline can be seen shaking a UT shaker right after a score....Not sure who she is standing next to in the stands, but her height is evident....She has on an orange/yellow checkered shirt/ blouse and some blue jeans.

If I posted the game it would take way to much bandwidth...

Guys, this girl will transform our inside game into a big asset....She will be starting by the 3rd game, if not sooner.
striplin.jpg
[/QUOTE
The one-two punch of Dye and Striplin will be a cornerstone of the program for the upcoming season. I too think Striplin should start but Dye's experience gives her the nod. Both Dye and Striplin probably will be double-double producers each this upcoming season, no matter who starts and who comes off the bench. For sure, after this season, Striplin will be the LVs starter at the 4 position.

I'm counting on her hitting a high percentage of 15 footers.

Rickster I totally agree....This young lady will be popping shots from all over the place; inside, outside, down by the bathroom, she is going to be FANTASTIC!!!!!

The girl looks like a ball player....She has the best looking legs (athletic) I have ever seen on a female basketball player....They are strong and give her a powerful base to work from...

It's going to be a great season....Karoline and the rest of her class will shock the basketball world...Then, next season Justine gets here!!!!!
Karoline-Striplin-bcsaa19-HD-2.jpg

Rickster I totally agree....This young lady will be popping shots from all over the place; inside, outside, down by the bathroom, she is going to be FANTASTIC!!!!!

The girl looks like a ball player....She has the best looking legs (athletic) I have ever seen on a female basketball player....They are strong and give her a powerful base to work from...

It's going to be a great season....Karoline and the rest of her class will shock the basketball world...Then, next season Justine gets here!!!!!
Karoline-Striplin-bcsaa19-HD-2.jpg
She is a Coaches Kid. Both parents coach something. Kids who have parents that coach generally have a really good BB IQ and work extremely hard. Can't wait to see what she can do on the Court. She is going to be very good!

Even before we got Dye, I thought Striplin would be an upgrade at the four spot. If she can take that starting four spot, I would be impressed. What’s exciting about her is that she already has a college ready frame with great basketball skills and instincts.

It will be interesting to see her matchup against the elite, athletic posts in and out of conference.

Even before we got Dye, I thought Striplin would be an upgrade at the four spot. If she can take that starting four spot, I would be impressed. What’s exciting about her is that she already has a college ready frame with great basketball skills and instincts.

It will be interesting to see her matchup against the elite, athletic posts in and out of conference.
I agree with your analysis. Striplin is sound both offensively and defensively. I can see Striplin having over 2000 points and 1000 rebounds in her LV career. What's really impressive about Striplin' is her free throw shooting prowess. As physical as she is, Striplin will get to the FT line often and score tons of points there.

This thread and the responses wouldn't load this kid down with expectations would it?

Yes!
As good as I expect Karo to be, to put so much expectation on her is a little daunting,,,especially with Dye and a potentially healthy Green

My predictions for her:
14-16 minutes
8-10 Pts
6-7 Rebs
4-5 Assts

This would give her Kasi-like (in her better season) numbers.

Karo is going to be a very strong Lady Vol, I believe this, but she has two graduating forwards playing with her,,,two proven (in their old conferences) forwards. And this bodes well for Karo, as she will be able to adapt to and learn the collegiate game without the weight of the world being on her to immediately contribute.

Yes!
As good as I expect Karo to be, to put so much expectation on her is a little daunting,,,especially with Dye and a potentially healthy Green

My predictions for her:
14-16 minutes
8-10 Pts
6-7 Rebs
4-5 Assts

Karo is going to be a very strong Lady Vol, I believe this, but she has two graduating forwards playing with her,,,two proven (in their old conferences) forwards. And this bodes well for Karo, as she will be able to adapt to and learn the collegiate game without the weight of the world being on her to immediately contribute.
I miss kasi,she was a good player and teammate

No one put any expectations on her, I gave my opinion and nothing more, so you worry warts relax...The girl is not going to come apart like a cheap suit no matter what is said on these boards.

This girl did not come here to be a bench warmer, but a difference maker....And yes, that is my opinion.
9644675.jpg

No one put any expectations on her, I gave my opinion and nothing more, so you worry warts relax...The girl is not going to come apart like a cheap suit no matter what is said on these boards.

This girl did not come here to be a bench warmer, but a difference maker....And yes, that is my opinion.
9644675.jpg
And I believe Striplin will be a difference maker.

Love the enthusiasm for the freshman but I think folks need to slow their roll a little. I wouldn't bet the season on the freshman. Experience with the grind is pretty important. We just need the freshman to hold serve when they are in. If they are better, then that's a bonus.
The sentiments expressed about Striplin are not an indication that we are "bet[ting] the season on the freshman." Simply stated, Striplin will play a significant role this season. She will be a difference maker at the 4.

I watch one of her freshman games on youtube. she was playing center making it look easy on defence. I see her getting some time at the 5 spot . if sanders can not give some good minutes when keys needs a rest. and some time at the 4 spot too

Yes!

My predictions for her:
14-16 minutes
8-10 Pts
6-7 Rebs
4-5 Assts

You don't want to put so much expectation on her??? If she gets those numbers in 1 game you've found a pretty good player. Rennia led the team in rebounds last year and only averaged 9 per game while playing 32 minutes and Striplin can average 6-7 in 16 minutes? You'll be ecstatic if the point guard averages 4.5 points a game. Jordon Horston led the team with 4.3 assists last year. Second was Walker with 2.3 Sophomore Tamari Key didn't average 9 ppg playing 25 minutes.

This for a player ranked between 40 and 60 across 5 rating services. She can definitely be a bull down low. Her strength and size will enable her to finish down low and to get some boards. She can shoot from 15 but I doubt she can be consistent from further. She is not fast and without great hops. I can be wrong but her highlight videos don't indicate the kind of dominance those numbers predict.

Reactions: Rooster1 and olddog
You don't want to put so much expectation on her??? If she gets those numbers in 1 game you've found a pretty good player. Rennia led the team in rebounds last year and only averaged 9 per game while playing 32 minutes and Striplin can average 6-7 in 16 minutes? You'll be ecstatic if the point guard averages 4.5 points a game. Jordon Horston led the team with 4.3 assists last year. Second was Walker with 2.3 Sophomore Tamari Key didn't average 9 ppg playing 25 minutes.

This for a player ranked between 40 and 60 across 5 rating services. She can definitely be a bull down low. Her strength and size will enable her to finish down low and to get some boards. She can shoot from 15 but I doubt she can be consistent from further. She is not fast and without great hops. I can be wrong but her highlight videos don't indicate the kind of dominance those numbers predict.

I have seen her in person,,,she is going to surprise some people
SHe would be a premier Point-Forward,ala, Karl Malone.
Karo is made for the elbow
she can tangle down low, but at the elbow she will draw a lot of attention

Last edited:
Reactions: stlvolsfan
I have seen her in person,,,she is going to surprise some people
SHe would be a premier Point-Forward,ala, Karl Malone.
Karo is made for the elbow
she can tangle down low, but at the elbow she will draw a lot of attention

Right. Karl Malone was more noted for setting powerful screens and having a devastating pick and roll with John Stockton. If you want to see a point forward, the term was invented to describe Boston running the offense through Larry Bird.

Right. Karl Malone was more noted for setting powerful screens and having a devastating pick and roll with John Stockton. If you want to see a point forward, the term was invented to describe Boston running the offense through Larry Bird.

The offense often ran through the Mailman and not just to his side-kick

I will modify slightly bc of playing time 14-16
My predictions for her:
14-16 minutes
7 Pts
4 Rebs
3 Assts

still good rookie #'s

The origin of the term point forward is cloudy. Two former members of the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks claim to have coined it: Bucks small forward Marques Johnson maintains he created it during the 1984 playoffs when the team became short on point guards after Nate Archibald was sidelined with a hamstring injury. When coach Don Nelson instructed Johnson to run the offense he says he responded, "OK, so instead of a point guard, I'm a point forward".[12] Then-Bucks assistant coach Del Harris claims he first mentioned the term to Nelson while discussing how to best use Paul Pressey. Harris says he came up with the term while coaching Robert Reid with the Houston Rockets. Harris credits his predecessor as Rockets coach Tom Nissalke's use of small forward Rick Barry as originating the point forward position.[12]

My predictions for her:
14-16 minutes
7 Pts
4 Rebs
3 Assts

still good rookie #'s

The origin of the term point forward is cloudy. Two former members of the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks claim to have coined it: Bucks small forward Marques Johnson maintains he created it during the 1984 playoffs when the team became short on point guards after Nate Archibald was sidelined with a hamstring injury. When coach Don Nelson instructed Johnson to run the offense he says he responded, "OK, so instead of a point guard, I'm a point forward".[12] Then-Bucks assistant coach Del Harris claims he first mentioned the term to Nelson while discussing how to best use Paul Pressey. Harris says he came up with the term while coaching Robert Reid with the Houston Rockets. Harris credits his predecessor as Rockets coach Tom Nissalke's use of small forward Rick Barry as originating the point forward position.[12]
My prediction is: 20 mpg; 12 ppg; 8 rbs; and 2.5 assts. As the season progresses, Striplin's numbers should get better and better. I still say Striplin will be a beast for the LVs.

My prediction is: 20 mpg; 12 ppg; 8 rbs; and 2.5 assts. As the season progresses, Striplin's numbers should get better and better. I still say Striplin will be a beast for the LVs.
Will she be better than Davis was as a freshman?

Davis was ranking No. 12.

She averaged 29mpg; 12 ppg; 7.6 rbs; 1.7 apg

Reactions: Rooster1

My predictions for her:
14-16 minutes
7 Pts
4 Rebs
3 Assts

still good rookie #'s

Still good rookie #'s.

VN Store

Back