Kaidon Salter suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, winning at any cost is just not acceptable.
The “win at any cost” mentality is also rooted in soft racism. These people actually believe that you can’t win without recruiting criminals, and that’s nonsense. There are hundreds of great football players who don’t abuse animals, beat women, or shoot their teammates.

thought I heard Hyams say Kaidon is no longer suspended? did he scrimmage?

Let's look at your statement once more very closely. To be more specific, the who said it part. C'mon man. If Jimmy says it, wait for a few others to confirm it before we take it as gospel. You are probably following this 100X closer than I am, so if I know this well, you should know it 100X more.

The “win at any cost” mentality is also rooted in soft racism. These people actually believe that you can’t win without recruiting criminals, and that’s nonsense. There are hundreds of great football players who don’t abuse animals, beat women, or shoot their teammates.

I gotta ask: WTF is "soft racism"? Is it like Racism Light? Bad taste, but less filling? The rest of your post kind of semi makes sense. But on that part, I feel enquiring minds want to know.

Charges dropped, run his ass for punishment but let him practice. There is nothing gained by anyone from keeping him out of practice.
Yep.... if he’s a decent kid he’s probably learned his lesson just from the embarrassment and publicity. If he’s not, then he’ll screw up again and then decide whether or not to boot him.

Lately, with the Vols in the news, I feel like I'm watching reruns of the TV show, "Criminal Minds",.....:(

You're implying criminals are all a specific race. Shame on you.

Hey bro you need to come to UT, we think you can really help us! Oh yeah and by help us we mean you need to help us shake down this drug dealer! Go Vols!

coach is going to let us do whatever if we don't get arrested for it."
That's damn near every coach who ever won anything. Where do you think the term "We'll deal with it in-house" comes from?? Football is one of the only sports were "a few bad apples" is almost neccessary. You have to be really naive to think ANY football team is full of mild-natured chior boys. If you only knew who had what, swept under the rug. Im not condoning their actions, just simply pointing out that coaches from the NFL all the way down to the middle school level have to deal with keeping players on the right path and out of jail. Hell football is the only thing keeping most of these kids off that path. Some still get lost along the way. It doesnt mean those coaches will lose their team. If we just keep it 💯, the NFL players serve suspensions even if they are not charged. That's simply to appease the guilty until proven innocent crowd. If you are not convicted you can return. NFLjr does the exact samething & it happens at all the schools not just UT. They will sit a few games and move on but dont think its a free pass. All players know that coaches tolerate players until they are not worth the trouble and thats reality.

That's damn near every coach who ever won anything. Where do you think the term "We'll deal with it in-house" comes from?? Football is one of the only sports were "a few bad apples" is almost neccessary. You have to be really naive to think ANY football team is full of mild-natured chior boys. If you only knew who had what, swept under the rug. Im not condoning their actions, just simply pointing out that coaches from the NFL all the way down to the middle school level have to deal with keeping players on the right path and out of jail. Hell football is the only thing keeping most of these kids off that path. Some still get lost along the way. It doesnt mean those coaches will lose their team. If we just keep it 💯, the NFL players serve suspensions even if they are not charged. That's simply to appease the guilty until proven innocent crowd. If you are not convicted you can return. NFLjr does the exact samething & it happens at all the schools not just UT. They will sit a few games and move on but dont think its a free pass. All players know that coaches tolerate players until they are not worth the trouble and thats reality.
My interest in this is because Heupel is new to UT, the SEC, and this level of coaching. How he sets the tone for his TN career, especially given the cloud he inherited, can indicate if he's in over his head.

Too harsh and he'll lose some of the team unity.
Too easy and he'll lack respect from the players.

Getting crap off the list of distractions ASAP so the team can fully focus on football is key. If Heupel is doing that behind the scene, fine. He's new...... like watching a new QB or a player, you watch to see how the new guy handles situations.

Wasn't there going to be a hearing for the four accused some day this week?

That will be telling. The spattering, stingy amount of detail released so far has been maddening.

That said I understand there is a process that has to be followed.

Wasn't there going to be a hearing for the four accused some day this week?

That will be telling. The spattering, stingy amount of detail released so far has been maddening.

That said I understand there is a process that has to be followed.

Its a very flawed process at that,we tend to throw the guilty phraze or dance around it while not knowing many facts.Aj Johnson is a great example that kids career got detroyed by hearsay and he said she said crap.Now the sitatuions are completely different but that said social media and internet in general make it to easy to slice and dice what we like to fit a narrative.

What does criminals playing have to do with racism? Are you saying that all criminals come from one particular race? That would be the definition of soft racism

Good grief. Get out of here with this bs.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
OzoHMjB.gif

I hope KS is reinstated.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back