Kaidon Salter suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. This is not the NFL. These are suppose to be college students. Who wants a bunch of “thugs” walking around campus.
We have to be very a above board while NCAA cloud is hanging. One its resolved. We can go back to biz as usual. But when it comes to this petty stuff, we do need more commitment to winning from University (outside of AD) and Knox PD.Top cover like Bama and Auburn programs get.

I question Salters ability to be a messiah Qb like some here hinted because of that game. It’s not like he is going to see that type of defense one time a year in the SEC. He will see that type of defense at least 3 times per year against the three rivals we are chasing every year. Now that he can not even keep his nose clean for his first two months here, I question his maturity to ever make an impact here. All this is subject to change if he gets his act together.

Well lucky for him he will have SEC linemen and skill players while facing those vaunted defenses. Wasn't aware Tennessee recruited the entire CH O-Line. I don't think he's some qb messiah. He's a kid that can sling the ball and use his athleticism to extend plays.

We have to be very a above board while NCAA cloud is hanging. One its resolved. We can go back to biz as usual. But when it comes to this petty stuff, we do need more commitment to winning from University (outside of AD) and Knox PD.Top cover like Bama and Auburn programs get.
So we want to change the culture at UT but we want to go back to paying players? :confused:

i didn’t see his Twitter, but did anyone else see the posts referenced in the linked article? Per the article, “Over the weekend, Salter took to social media to voice his displeasure about Tennessee not wishing him a happy birthday and made multiple tweets arguing with fans, and even went on to say he appreciated other coaches for reaching out to him. He has since deleted the tweets.“ I am curious about the other coaches reaching out to him.

Suspended Vols QB Salter Issues Apology for Behavior

Reactions: FLVOL_79
i didn’t see his Twitter, but did anyone else see the posts referenced in the linked article? Per the article, “Over the weekend, Salter took to social media to voice his displeasure about Tennessee not wishing him a happy birthday and made multiple tweets arguing with fans, and even went on to say he appreciated other coaches for reaching out to him. He has since deleted the tweets.“ I am curious about the other coaches reaching out to him.

Good to see its not just old people who are stupid with social media.

Sounds like a narcissistic punk - mad because you didn’t get a bunch of happy birthday wishes from the team?? Dude, you just embarrassed the team and a first year coach trying to dig us out of the cellar with your stupid life choices. This adolescent needs to grow up quick

With everything swirling around him, he decides to pout about folks not showering him with birthday messages of all things? That individual has yet to learn that 'less is more' when it comes to social media attention-seeking, particularly when one is wrapped up in some potential legal problems. Hopefully he grows up a bit...soon.

Reactions: GBOx2
Sounds like a narcissistic punk - mad because you didn’t get a bunch of happy birthday wishes from the team?? Dude, you just embarrassed the team and a first year coach trying to dig us out of the cellar with your stupid life choices. This adolescent needs to grow up quick

Beat me to it, haha. Great minds, etc.

Makes you wonder where his focus is. He's supposed to be earning the trust of his coaches and teammates, instead he's acting like the program owes him something. Not a good look.

Reactions: VolSteve

tenor (10).gif

Reactions: ArdentVol
With the “robbery” and “possession” thing, I was ok with letting actual facts come out before determining my position on him as a person, much less a player. Then I seen his post on Twitter making a scene about his birthday and I lost all respect. This kid is all about himself. Say what you wish about his “apology” but I’ll tell you this, you don’t make a comment like “thank you to all the OTHER “coaches” ( which is also against NCAA rules) for wishing me a happy birthday” WHILE being under investigation for embarrassing your team if you’re a team player. You also don’t post things like he did if he didn’t think it’s all about himself and apologize just days later. That apology was not Sincere. It was coerced by someone close to him.

With the “robbery” and “possession” thing, I was ok with letting actual facts come out before determining my position on him as a person, much less a player. Then I seen his post on Twitter making a scene about his birthday and I lost all respect. This kid is all about himself. Say what you wish about his “apology” but I’ll tell you this, you don’t make a comment like “thank you to all the OTHER “coaches” ( which is also against NCAA rules) for wishing me a happy birthday” WHILE being under investigation for embarrassing your team if you’re a team player. You also don’t post things like he did if he didn’t think it’s all about himself and apologize just days later. That apology was not Sincere. It was coerced by someone close to him.
I’d venture to guess that the coaching staff will make the remainder of his time here unpleasant. No way are they going to tolerate that and keep him around.

Reactions: bpalmer28 and 1vol8
Flawed logic lol. I’m just stating facts. Facts aren’t logic. He was charged with simple possession nothing else. He is a minor. That simple possession charge won’t stick.

It’s that whole “law” thing. So once that gets dropped what then? He is technically innocent at that point. He is “suspended” because he is being charged for a crime. Once he is cleared of that crime and has completed whatever “punishment” the Football Team and University of Tennessee see fit, he will be back.

So..... I don’t know what else you want to hear but no coach would be able to get or keep players if they didn’t try and help “develop their players into better individuals” especially in a event like this.
Players can be booted for non criminal reasons..
The legal system need not be involved when a player gets removed from scholarship

Players can be booted for non criminal reasons..
The legal system need not be involved when a player gets removed from scholarship

Yep, the person assaulted and robbed of their weed, choosing not to cooperate with the police is why the charges were dropped, not because Salter wasn't involved.

The university will conduct their own separate investigation, and most likely they will face some sort of consequences.

It’s not good when you have high hopes for a recruit Initially , and then they give you reasons to be down on them before they step foot on the practice field. He’s shown poor judgement and immaturity what little time he’s been on campus. Hopefully he can appreciate the opportunities he’s been given and get it in gear and straighten up. Maybe Jeremy Banks Can help him after his issues last year and what he seems to have learned from them.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
I get the impression that he will not be here next year. Anyone else?
How would a troll like you know anything about that? Hey, everybody, look at all the positive things this guy has posted in support of the Vols! Oh, wait ... there is nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back