Kahlil's workout numbers earlier this week

So far Mckenzie has been all hype and very little production where it matters - on the football field.

Will Kahlil be a dominate SEC DT this year, if not now, when?

You all talk like he is a senior. You are judging him off 2 years in probably the hardest positon to come into and put up good numbers early. DT takes not just strength, but conditioning and technique.

New strength coach and DL coach should help a lot!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Y'all keep brining up facts. The only fact that matters is that if he was not an All-American as a Freshman, then he is a bust. I thought everyone knew that!

Reactions: 1 person
What does it mean to squat "with chains"?

Add_Chains.jpg

He got hurt. He was in 7 games. What impact should he have made with a torn pectoral muscle last year? What impact should he have made as a true freshman? DLine is rarely expected to produce at a high level right out of the gate.

This isn't a great argument. I think you'll find you're wrong.

He was ranked the #1 recruit in the country as a freshman by Scout....no worse than 6th overall by the other services, so yeah, he should've made an impact as a freshman (go compare his numbers to badass true freshman DT Ed Oliver at Houston last year) and he should've been a terror as a sophomore. Stop with the injury excuse....he played in 6 games last season, had 2 solo tackles, half a TFL and no sacks before the torn pec...those numbers just don't cut it for a guy with his billing and physical attributes.

He has to get much better, much more impactful and disruptive. Fade's assessment was much more correct/accurate than yours. Just gotta hope KMac is a late bloomer and starts realizing some of that potential this year....guys of his ilk are supposed to do more than eat blocks and create piles....he's got a lot of work to do.

Reactions: 5 people
In squat lift, the bigger guy is suppose to have stronger legs because he's bigger. Usually, a great squatter can squat double his weight.

He was ranked the #1 recruit in the country as a freshman by Scout....no worse than 6th overall by the other services, so yeah, he should've made an impact as a freshman (go compare his numbers to badass true freshman DT Ed Oliver at Houston last year) and he should've been a terror as a sophomore. Stop with the injury excuse....he played in 6 games last season, had 2 solo tackles, half a TFL and no sacks before the torn pec...those numbers just don't cut it for a guy with his billing and physical attributes.

He has to get much better, much more impactful and disruptive. Fade's assessment was much more correct/accurate than yours. Just gotta hope KMac is a late bloomer and starts realizing some of that potential this year....guys of his ilk are supposed to do more than eat blocks and create piles....he's got a lot of work to do.

Yes because DT's like Ed Oliver who come in and dominate as a true Freshman are so common, right? No lol.
For every Ed Oliver you can name 5+ high rated DT's who didn't perform nearly that good as a True Fr or So. And if you're judging strictly based on stats then I guess Rashan Gary and soooo many others will be a bust just like Kahlil too, huh? You might want to do a little research before you spread more false garbage. DT's typically don't come in and Dominate their first 2 years, especially their true Fr year. And on top of that showing stats for a DT is a terrible way of trying to proving how good he is lol. Anyone who knows anything about Football knows DT's are not judged on the stats they put up in college

What does it mean to squat "with chains"?
Putting chains on each end of the bar that hang and rest on the floor at the bottom of the rep. This makes the weight heavier as you're pushing up because less of the chain is resting on the floor as you push.

I was watching either the Texas A&M game or Mizzou game and K Mac plowed through a block on one play and stuffed a run on another. I think the talent is obviously there, who knows if he is just adapting more slowly to a game environment or is a late bloomer. Frustrating for someone of his talent level to be underwhelming? Yes. Not calling him a bust just yet though.

275 * 16 is pretty sick. IN my eyes at least lol. I couldn't ever hit 275 once.

When RB's are out squatting your DT's I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Guice from LSU squats over 600 and Khalil's got a lot of weight on him.

Once you hit a certain number on squats in football I believe your plenty strong enough. Some coaches won't let players go any higher in weight for fear of injury.

The problem with Khalil is he already comes from money (dad was an NFLer), so he isn't hungry. He lacks that killer instinct that most inner city and blue collar kids have. Basically, he lacks motivation. I could be wrong, but I doubt he will make much of an impact this year.

Well Nanner Puddin, guess the comments from the "tweet generation" just told you. Never speak on here in the tone of a serious minded person from yesteryear. The idea of "work first" don't get it with most of them.. (now they'll come after me some more, maybe take a little heat off of you))

The problem with Khalil is he already comes from money (dad was an NFLer), so he isn't hungry. He lacks that killer instinct that most inner city and blue collar kids have. Basically, he lacks motivation. I could be wrong, but I doubt he will make much of an impact this year.

Your username seems appropriate.

Yes, we all know he needs to translate his immense size & strength to on-the-field production, and I'm confident he'll do so if he stays healthy. Wednesday tweet:

Kahlil McKenzie Jr. @Kahlil_Mckenzie
Squat: 495+chainsx2, 550x3
Power Clean: 365x1
Bench: 275x16
Deadlift: 585x2
Summer goals ✅ now it's time to put some pads back on #APE
https://allfortennessee.com/2017/07/27/tennessee-football-kahlil-mckenzie-weight-results/

DFszac-V0AAlzU6.jpg
Good number, what is your confidence that it will translate to the field based on?

He just needs to worry about making plays on the field instead of social media points for weight lifting.

He's a 20 year old kid that put in a ton of work to accomplish those results. If he wants to brag on social media, he earned the right to.

I predict an aggressive and motivated Khalil this fall on the field....extra motivation from the death of his grandfather (RIP)...

He's the one player on this team I expect to finally live up to his potential this year...I will go out on a limb and predict an all-SEC DT season for him.....GO VOLS! :salute:

Good God dude are you gonna make the same posts in every KMac thread? You dont have to be a broken record.

Little dramatic with some irony added, considering you've repeated several times how techniques are more important than the weights, in the Jauan Jennings thread and now this one.

But but but the 98 Vols DTs came out of middle school squatting 600. Dudes a bust. Totally. Some wide receiver at Western Minnesota tech and trade school squatted 660. Fahhrrrr butch for recruiting this bust and hiring a legendary strength coach to get his body back into shape after a serious injury. Gruden could have him pulling tractor trailers up hills after a single spring camp in the weight room.

In all seriousness, those are dang good numbers. With chains too. Progressively heavier as you go up. Dude could go over 600 single rep.

Yeah you could be wrong. That's just a terrible assumption.

VN Store

Back