Kahlil's workout numbers earlier this week

kamoshika

Yes, we all know he needs to translate his immense size & strength to on-the-field production, and I'm confident he'll do so if he stays healthy. Wednesday tweet:

Kahlil McKenzie Jr. @Kahlil_Mckenzie
Squat: 495+chainsx2, 550x3
Power Clean: 365x1
Bench: 275x16
Deadlift: 585x2
Summer goals ✅ now it's time to put some pads back on #APE
https://allfortennessee.com/2017/07/27/tennessee-football-kahlil-mckenzie-weight-results/

DFszac-V0AAlzU6.jpg

Reactions: 17 people
Biggest concern for him is conditioning. It seemed he was about to pass out after a couple of plays. Maybe he needs to learn when to excert all of that strength and when to back off a little..

I hope the new S&C coach can help with some of it.

Reactions: 1 person
When RB's are out squatting your DT's I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Guice from LSU squats over 600 and Khalil's got a lot of weight on him.

When RB's are out squatting your DT's I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Guice from LSU squats over 600 and Khalil's got a lot of weight on him.

Also means he's got 100lbs more to lift than Guice does. Not making excuses just pointing out that squats do require to lift most of your own body weight on top of the weights.

Reactions: 5 people
He's been pretty underwhelming so far. I tend to think if a recruit as highly rated as he was can't make a significant impact by now, then he probably won't. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: 5 people
He just needs to worry about making plays on the field instead of social media points for weight lifting.

Because it takes SO MUCH TIME to make posts on social media. Seriously. Look at yourself. You have a job, presumably, yet you still find time for social media. This is a straw man argument, and is time after time the dumbest argument on here.

"Maybe he should spend more time ____ instead of ____" is inane adds nothing of substance.

Reactions: 20 people
He's been pretty underwhelming so far. I tend to think if a recruit as highly rated as he was can't make a significant impact by now, then he probably won't. Hope I'm wrong.

He got hurt. He was in 7 games. What impact should he have made with a torn pectoral muscle last year? What impact should he have made as a true freshman? DLine is rarely expected to produce at a high level right out of the gate.

This isn't a great argument. I think you'll find you're wrong.

Reactions: 14 people

There's been a lot of high rated recruits not be big contributers till their Jr and Sr seasons lol. U don't judge DT's based on stats. Kahlil was able to clog lanes and force double teams.
What was he supposed to do with a Rs Jr and Rs Sr in front of him who were playing pretty good for the first half of the season? Not to mention he got hurt vs Bama. He's only a Junior this year lol.

Cole Cubelic reviewed his film and said he expects a good year if healthy. And B/R has put him on the list for players to watch for their draft stock to rise. But I'm sure you know more than them, right?

Reactions: 4 people
And lets not forget what he did is probably better than 97% of us here. Ain't gonna lie..I don't have his numbers and I've been lifting since before he was born.

Reactions: 3 people
Kahlil, Tuttle, Phillips, Kongo are all AA talents. Taylor is all SEC 2nd team talent. Brady has never had this much talent before, not even close.

I hope everything comes together for he and King Tut this year. You can't win consistently in this league without production for your d-line, and o-line. It's our turn to catch some breaks this year guys !! GBO

Reactions: 2 people
Guy is benching 275 16 times coming off a torn pec and some stupid f--- is whining about how much time he spends on the internet.

Reactions: 13 people

VN Store

Back