Juwan Howard Punches Wisconsin Asst Coach

Hard to argue with this and if I am CJH this is the exact quote that I am using to explain myself to the UM President , UM AD , & Big10 Commish .

If there is ever a new “Chapelle show “ this would be a perfect addition to the. “When keepin it real goes horribly wrong “ sketches.
It's the dumbest argument I have seen, along with the argument that "he's from Chicago." He's paid to be a pro. What an ass

I’d be surprised if he coached again this year. You can’t behave in the way he did, but there was definitely some aggression from the Wisconsin side that caused it. Wisconsin coach should probably get a game or so for grabbing Howard initially, IMO.
100%. You can’t just make contact like that without repercussions. Now, after the arm grab, you should maybe just listen if you’re Howard. Idk what was said. But as the HC you can’t be the guy starting the scuffle.

Reactions: berryvol
Michigan fans and some alumni are downright embarrassing themselves in this one. I just read one Michigan based article that claimed Howard was defending his players because the Wisconsin assistant was roughing them up. Others are saying Gard attacked Howard because he touched him in the handshake line. They should be roasted 10x what we get for things like mustard gate.

LOL

FME9fnHXoAc-fLF
What has any SEC coach wore a mask this season?

Reactions: 508mikey
I don't subscribe to that. That's how small fights turn into big fights.

Let the other person cool off. Talk about things when both parties are in a more rational state of mind. When one or both parties are hot under the collar, they don't think rationally and say/do things they don't mean or would do when thinking normally. Things escalate unnecessarily.

Don't go poking the bear, in the moment, in the name of settling petty disagreements. That is playing a stupid game. Don't be surprised when you win a stupid prize.
What gives him bear status? He’s not an endangered species. He’s an overpaid hothead with no impulse control. They teach you in elementary school that you can’t just hit somebody who merely pisses you off. Lesson doesn’t always take until end of high school. Should be ingrained when you’re making millions in your 40’s.

Last edited:
Juwan hasn’t even shown any regret or made any kind of apology. He maintains he was “defending himself”. Even worse is that he expressed admiration that the players had each other’s backs during the ensuing brawl.

I lol when Howard wanted to explain to the media what set him off 15+ minutes later. He’d had ample time to cool down and realize the error of his actions yet was still wanting to justify them. Anyone with a lick of sense would have been in damage control at that point. Don’t see how his employer can keep him on.

Reactions: GreveHaller
I lol when Howard wanted to explain to the media what set him off 15+ minutes later. He’d had ample time to cool down and realize the error of his actions yet was still wanting to justify them. Anyone with a lick of sense would have been in damage control at that point. Don’t see how his employer can keep him on.

Perfect example - one guy touched my arm when he was trying to explain why he called a to after I made the comment to him that I won’t forget it. Even though I’m 6’-9” and have been a long time nba professional athlete, I felt this 6’ tall chubby guy was threatening me so I had to respond by hitting another guy in the face. I’m proud to say that at least one of my players followed my leadership and started swinging punches and will be suspended as a result. Im sure the University of Michigan will have my back where I was clearly victimized in this incident.

You can’t make this ish up.

A coach punching someone in a game setting should be a fire-able offense. Period. You idiots who want to turn this into “things thugs do”, “like Penny”, “protest”, “Chicago”— or any other racially coded language— need to get help. A coach hit someone in a game environment. Fire him. Fire him if he’s Bobby Knight, Woody Hayes or Juwan Howard. Put your white hood back in the toy box.

The other thing that’s just crazy is Wisconsin had pulled their starters yet Howard was upset because he thought they were trying to run up the score?

Michigan fans and some alumni are downright embarrassing themselves in this one. I just read one Michigan based article that claimed Howard was defending his players because the Wisconsin assistant was roughing them up. Others are saying Gard attacked Howard because he touched him in the handshake line. They should be roasted 10x what we get for things like mustard gate.
Let us not forget the UK staffer who showed his butt in the Fulky tumble. Hands are hands. Open handed weak slap or a shove.....paid employees laying hands on a student athlete is something that cannot and should not be tolerated. I'll be interested to see if the league still has any stomach to send a message to one or both, but if they just play lip service to it, you can expect more of the same in time. Fire them both for cause and you'd not see this sort of thing again anytime soon. Of course, that's not the society we live in these days so forget what I just said.

The other thing that’s just crazy is Wisconsin had pulled their starters yet Howard was upset because he thought they were trying to run up the score?
You see the same thing in football. Teams get up big and are expected to play backups and run it up the middle while the defense keeps starters in and blitzes every down. If someone wanted the dogs called off, one would expect that teams starters also to be taken out of the game. Doesn't happen. One gets credit for playing a full game and never quitting while the backups on the winning team are sacrificed and used as tackling dummies. Might just be best to play full games on both sides and accept it like a man when you get your ass beat.

VN Store

Back