• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Justin Wilcox (Cal)

stoernerfumbled

our old DC.

Only makes 3 million per year at Cal now.

He's been....ok at Cal I guess? Went 8-5 in 2019. Hasn't lit the pac on fire of course, but it's cal.

Not a lot of talk about him for the position, but I think once it becomes clear we aren't getting matt campbell or whatever and can't hire Freeze for obvious reasons(you can't fire a coach for cause and hire a coach who got into deep crap with the ncaa in 2016/7), guys like him will start to come up.

I dunno....in some ways he would be more attractive than the guy at Buffalo or Tony Elliot.

Could do worse too.

Why do we keep offering up terrible candidates? “He’s been ok I guess” “we could do worse”. If you have to type those comments why even start a thread about them? For the first time in forever we have a motivated administration, an ad that has universal support, and a possible huge budget due to not having to pay a buyout for the last coach. We don’t even need to consider ok.

Last edited:
our old DC.

He's been....ok at Cal I guess? Went 8-5 in 2019. Hasn't lit the pac on fire of course, but it's cal.

Not a lot of talk about him for the position, but I think once it becomes clear we aren't getting matt campbell or whatever and can't hire Freeze for obvious reasons(you can't fire a coach for cause and hire a coach who got into deep crap with the ncaa in 2016/7), guys like him will start to come up.

I dunno....in some ways he would be more attractive than the guy at Buffalo or Tony Elliot.

Could do worse too.
He’s not interested in coaching in the SEC...did it once and didn’t like it. Move on and stop posting any name that comes to mind without researching...

Reactions: wmcovol and jackaro
Quit offering up scraps. We are The University of Tennessee and most any top coach in America would.leave thier post to come join our elite program, chick fill of stability and strong leadership.

SecondaryEntireGrosbeak-small.gif

our old DC.

Could do worse too.
Let’s just “pump our brakes” on Wilcox. No more experiments.

Why don't we check on the DC and Math teacher at Bug Tussle Jr. High. He only makes $38,000 and has a 87 Dodge Mini Van. He can carry the recruits around to show them the campus and maybe even go down by the river.

We have got to hope we get a top ranked coach with a PROVEN winning record that can restore a WINNING TRADITION and has the ability to lead a team that is worth MILLIONS of dollars in revenue to the University, Knoxville and The State of Tennessee. I hope we have learned you can't hire less and just hope for more

He’s not interested in coaching in the SEC...did it once and didn’t like it. Move on and stop posting any name that comes to mind without researching...

The truth is, he was the best DC we had in the 21st century. Amazing results with his resources.
He is in the right place as HC.

Reactions: VolsSince78
Funny story: a friend of mine had Wilcox’s old phone number (that he had while he was in Knoxville), and gets a lot of texts that presumably were meant for him. Birthday wishes, notes from former players, and a whole lot of boobie pictures

our old DC.

Could do worse too.
I'd hate to see his take home pay with all of the taxes in California and the Bay Area...

our old DC.

Could do worse too.

The guy at Buffalo is pretty danged good!

our old DC.

Could do worse too.
No...He didn't like Knoxville.

His resume is off the charts but can he handle coming in to a Power 5 HC job with sanctions and possibly reducing of scholarships and benefits?
We have about 40 3 and 4 star players on roster today, who have not been coached, in stock and ready to roll on the roster. They have been underachievers, but might be a great coach away from being SEC level players. Our talent level is adequate and truly believe we have young men who have been held back by lack of coaching.

Reactions: Tradevol

VN Store

Back