Justin Wilcox (Cal)

I brought up the fact that Schiano was a better HC than Pruitt in another thread and I might as well have killed a bunch of bunnies judging by the reaction...
The DC at Bug Tussle Jr. High is a better HC than JP so set your bar higher.

our old DC.

Only makes 3 million per year at Cal now.

He's been....ok at Cal I guess? Went 8-5 in 2019. Hasn't lit the pac on fire of course, but it's cal.

Not a lot of talk about him for the position, but I think once it becomes clear we aren't getting matt campbell or whatever and can't hire Freeze for obvious reasons(you can't fire a coach for cause and hire a coach who got into deep crap with the ncaa in 2016/7), guys like him will start to come up.

I dunno....in some ways he would be more attractive than the guy at Buffalo or Tony Elliot.

Could do worse too.
He hated the competitive environment of the SEC,(recruiting in general) while here.

Reactions: Border Vol
our old DC.

He's been....ok at Cal I guess? Went 8-5 in 2019. Hasn't lit the pac on fire of course, but it's cal.

Not a lot of talk about him for the position, but I think once it becomes clear we aren't getting matt campbell or whatever and can't hire Freeze for obvious reasons(you can't fire a coach for cause and hire a coach who got into deep crap with the ncaa in 2016/7), guys like him will start to come up.

I dunno....in some ways he would be more attractive than the guy at Buffalo or Tony Elliot.

Could do worse too.
HELL-NAW.gif

He’s not interested in coaching in the SEC...did it once and didn’t like it. Move on and stop posting any name that comes to mind without researching...

Not up to recruiting in SEC. Bad fit at Cal, terrible fit here

Why do we keep offering up terrible candidates? “He’s been ok I guess” “we could do worse”. If you have to type those comments why even start a thread about them? For the first time in forever we have a motivated administration, an ad that has universal support, and a possible huge budget due to not having to pay a buyout for the last coach. We don’t even need to consider ok.

It’s like folks have a Magic 8-Ball type device that has every coach that has ever coached. They shake it once a day, and then start a thread with whatever name pops up.

our old DC.

Could do worse too.

No No and No

Reactions: Border Vol
our old DC.

Could do worse too.
He lets us know a few years ago that he prefers the West Coast. I would let him stay there.

our old DC.

Could do worse too.
The pinnacle of Justin’s career was that lip licking GIF. Solid no from pepperjax.

The fact that a name like this pops up, but the amount of people I seen B******* about Tony Elliot really concerns me

our old DC.

Could do worse too.
giphy.gif

Why do we keep offering up terrible candidates? “He’s been ok I guess” “we could do worse”. If you have to type those comments why even start a thread about them? For the first time in forever we have a motivated administration, an ad that has universal support, and a possible huge budget due to not having to pay a buyout for the last coach. We don’t even need to consider ok.

I will not degrade a person for a suggestion, but I will tell you that the right people make the wrong decisions too often in Knoxville.

our old DC.

Could do worse too.

You made a thread to tell us you are luke warm about a guy no one has mentioned?

Last edited:
our old DC.

Could do worse too.

Not no but hell no.

We have to aim high.

1) no defensive coach
2) no retread
3) pay whatever's needed to get a winner. Stop the damn bleeding already.

We waste more money with buyouts than just paying a high price for a top coach

VN Store

Back