Justin Powell leaving UT

Not gonna knock the kid. His dad is probably nuts from the sound of it and who knows serious the concussion issues he had at Auburn were.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Big difference in “not knocking him” to “best shooter on the team”. We all expected him to have more of an impact here. Hopefully it will work out better at his next stop

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Big difference in “not knocking him” to “best shooter on the team”. We all expected him to have more of an impact here. Hopefully it will work out better at his next stop
Bob will be the first to tell you he’s a better shooter.

I get the impression he never recovered fully from the concussion

Powell has never done that for a full season. 10 games isn’t a big enough sample size IMO. In a full season he shot 38%. Which is solid, but a very far cry from 45%. I’d venture not many players shoot 45% from three over a full season. In fact, only two guys did it last year.

Barnes wasted the guy. That’s why you have to go back to the sample size at Auburn.

By making Powell have to create his own shot versus running plays giving him the ability to catch and shoot.
I do not think we watched the same thing because they literally did a lot of coming off of screens and pick plays and was flat out missing shots lol. I don’t even remember Powell dribbling that much.

He seems to be having trouble finding the elsewhere.
I really hope Justin Powell finds a place where he can excel. I think the talent is there to be a good SEC player but he was lacking in confidence and never found his grove at UT. I think Barnes gave him opportunities. Hard to believe a guy that had been projected as a Second Round NBA draft prospect in 2022 is now struggling to find a spot to play. Having to possibly sit out a year and his history of transferring is probably making some teams extra cautious.

Justin Powell - NBA Draft Room

By making Powell have to create his own shot versus running plays giving him the ability to catch and shoot.
You don’t watch a lot of basketball do you? Powell had plenty of open shots and couldn’t throw it in the ocean from the pier.

You don’t watch a lot of basketball do you? Powell had plenty of open shots and couldn’t throw it in the ocean from the pier.
Lol he shot 38% this year from deep. Which is down quite a bit from last year obviously but still tied for 2nd best on the team with Chandler.

His confidence dwindled down the stretch so he had several bad shooting performances to end his time here.

Reactions: cardvolfan

VN Store

Back