Justin Martin

J-Mart is probably the hardest player to figure out since I've been a Vol fan. He's got all the talent in the world I just don't know why it doesn't transfer to the field

not being a smart ass...but what makes you say "he's got all the talent in the world"? BC the beatwriters say he does during Fall camp? All I've got to go on is what I've seen in the games and nothing would point me in that direction...

Reactions: 1 person
I honestly don't understand this either? Does our coaching staff have a soft spot for upper classmen vs talent? I understood why he was there in the past because lack of talent but this year is no excuse. He needs to be replaced.

Maybe he's good in redzone situations but he's always getting beat and picked on in space.

I honestly don't understand this either? Does our coaching staff have a soft spot for upper classmen vs talent? I understood why he was there in the past because lack of talent but this year is no excuse. He needs to be replaced.

Maybe he's good in redzone situations but he's always getting beat and picked on in space.

There is no way Marquill Osborne is worse than Martin. The upper classmen status must be carrying some weight.

You shouldn't start a threat with just the player's name. I thought he died or got pulled from the game for playing 8 yards off the line or something.

Defensive liability IMO. Have no clue why he sees the field. Got to get fixed or replace before trip to Gainesville.

Please tell me how in God's name this kid has been in our starting rotation the past two years? I'm not going to bash him because he is just a kid playing football but I don't understand what our coaching staff see's in him. I can honestly say I've never seen him do anything positive in a game. Against Florida he was burnt deep twice and picked up a personal foul in the 1st quarter. Then in the GA Tech game he's playing 10 yds off their receivers and not even trying to cover them.

this guy has crazy athletic ability. He has NFL top 3 round draft measureables. Plays lights out on practice field.

Looks like he has never played the game when given opportunities.

Reactions: 2 people
I see people talking about how he lines up 8 yrds off ball and backs up when ball snapped, but I am surprised nobody has mentioned how bad he was at tackling (at least I noticed during G.T. game) He got beat bad on a short route, then did not even come close to making tackle. The guy just ran by him and someone else had to make the tackle.

He's a WR pushed into playing DB. It's like forcing a SS in baseball to pitch. It's not what they know how to do. Put him back where he belongs at WR. It's a position of need.

Is Your Van full of river water or what:eek:lol:

this guy has crazy athletic ability. He has NFL top 3 round draft measureables. Plays lights out on practice field.

Looks like he has never played the game when given opportunities.

Look like Tarzan...play like Jane...:hi:

Honestly--I've not seen his athletic ability on display.....not last year....he got toasted on Florida's first play.....played like he was lost against GT....couldn't tackle....couldn't cover.....couldn't read and react....

I think he had a few good games in 2015...he plays like a dude who is legendary in his own mind....and not physical at all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Look like Tarzan...play like Jane...:hi:

Honestly--I've not seen his athletic ability on display.....not last year....he got toasted on Florida's first play.....played like he was lost against GT....couldn't tackle....couldn't cover.....couldn't read and react....

I think he had a few good games in 2015...he plays like a dude who is legendary in his own mind....and not physical at all!

bingo!

Ok so it's obvious J Martin looked bad on two plays. But put it in context. They ran almost 100 plays and they passed what around 10 times? Most of the passes were during last possession of regulation. The safety and DB's were playing against the run all night. Which basically is a WR hitting you in the mouth and blocking you for around 90 plays. When they actually run a route it probably threw him a little. I am not concerned about Martin. Our linebackers....now that us what scares me.

What is going on concerning the following:

#1 Martin wins Most Improved or Dedicated or Focused Award at Spring Camp. Martin literally has quotes from coaches and articles written about his VAST improvement this fall.
?What was going on here?

#2 Martin as been watched and coached by our staff for the 3rd year now. The staff wholeheartedly selected him as starter. The only question was, who would start on the other side.
? This reminds me of Coleman Thomas starting the 1st 2 games last year. What is going on?

#3 Conversely. Could game #1 have been an anomaly, where Justin just had a bad day and reverted. I know he has some negative plays on film. But?
?Does he snap out of it and bounce back for a great 2017, making #1 & 2 make sense?

VN Store

Back