Just lost ESPN on Spectrum

Danst just freaked out, at 7 till game time my Knoxville Comcast ABC feed went dead. Thought it might be catching. 3 minutes later it resurfaced. WHEW....

In BHM this weekend. ABC affiliate here has it, yeah. This station must not be owned by Disney. Lots of Spectrum folks here are really pissed as the AU and AL games are both on ESPN stations this weekend.

Reactions: alavolfan
I’m not touching anything till after the game as I am able to watch it. But this fiasco got me looking for options and I have found out that I can get the programming that me and my wife watch for half the price I pay spectrum.

Reactions: mackievol
What tv market are they looking for outside of the sec and ACC? The 4 PAC? Big 12ish?

The Sec added MZ and A&M so they could have access to St. Louis, KC and TX tv markets. The PAC 10 was doomed when USC and UCLA left and took the biggest Tv market with them. Additions (like Tx/ok) are made to strengthen their Tv negotiation power. There's no other reason. Forget tradition. That's nonsense. It's money and greed. Period

So, I just happened to click on the ESPN app on Roku. I’m watching GameDay currently. Not sure why that is because I know I haven’t purchased that app or any ESPN app individually. Is it because we have the Disney + bundle or because we have Spectrum and they just haven’t cut the feed from the app yet? TIA. So many gaps, caveats and questions about this whole deal.

If spectrum provides your internet, none of your Disney apps will work. ABC works because the big 4 traditional broadcasters have local affiliates

If spectrum provides your internet, none of your Disney apps will work. ABC works because the big 4 traditional broadcasters have local affiliates
Right, understand that. But what I’m saying is I just happened to try the ESPN app on my Roku option screen and I’ve been able to watch several different games on that app which is under that Disney umbrella. And I know I don’t pay for that individual app on its own.

Right, understand that. But what I’m saying is I just happened to try the ESPN app on my Roku option screen and I’ve been able to watch several different games on that app which is under that Disney umbrella. And I know I don’t pay for that individual app on its own.
I tried that too on my Roku and it didn't work. Does spectrum provide your internet?

Are you signed in with a provider other than spectrum?

Huh disney + works just fine. It's only things that are part of a cable package that aren't available

Reactions: MAD
I just looked at the schedule.
Next week is ESPN+ which I have so Spectrum gets a little longer but if it's not settled by FL I'll go another route but it looks like both are set in their ways. Spectrum said they're fine moving on without Disney

VN Store

Back