Just lost ESPN on Spectrum

I just looked at the schedule.
Next week is ESPN+ which I have so Spectrum gets a little longer but if it's not settled by FL I'll go another route but it looks like both are set in their ways. Spectrum said they're fine moving on without Disney
Is ESPN+ the only way to watch next week?

I just looked at the schedule.
Next week is ESPN+ which I have so Spectrum gets a little longer but if it's not settled by FL I'll go another route but it looks like both are set in their ways. Spectrum said they're fine moving on without Disney
No they really aren't fine with it. People are dropping spectrum TV fast right now. I'm moving to Hulu myself.

No they really aren't fine with it. People are dropping spectrum TV fast right now. I'm moving to Hulu myself.
Well that's what they're saying. whether they mean it or not is another story
ETA Let me reword. They're ok moving on without Disney

Had to go over to my Father in Laws house and try to get ABC to come in over the antenna because Direct TV is in a dispute with Disney as well. Never did get it to pick up abc over the antenna and signed him up for a free trial of FUBO TV. His antenna did pick up a funny channel called Free Queer TV. LOLZ

Still wrong. It's cool though, your free to post what you want whether it's true or not.
He is not wrong. Go back and watch some of the videos and read the articles. I do think Spectrum wants to work this out but not on Disney's terms. The articles do say they are prepared to move on without Disney.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
Still wrong. It's cool though, your free to post what you want whether it's true or not.
Charter has said they want to work with Disney but if Disney won't meet them they're moving on.
They'll put together other video packages for customers but with people dropping them for other sources it's less incentive for them to pass the cost of Disney on to their customers that stayed

Reactions: volfan102455
He is not wrong. Go back and watch some of the videos and read the articles. I do think Spectrum wants to work this out but not on Disney's terms. The articles do say they are prepared to move on without Disney.
Yeah my wording of fine with it may not be the best words to use but they have said they're moving on if a deal can't be reached..
I think they really want to go to being a ISP and if you sign up with them you may get deals on streaming packages, sort of like you get with some cell carriers
1693705186351.png

1693705207172.png

Source.. Charter's own slides material for their investor call

Reactions: volfan102455
Yeah my wording of fine with it may not be the best words to use but they have said they're moving on if a deal can't be reached..
I think they really want to go to being a ISP and if you sign up with them you may get deals on streaming packages, sort of like you get with some cell carriers
View attachment 575289

View attachment 575290

Source.. Charter's own slides material for their investor call

This is how I took what they were saying as well. Moving on would change the billing structure with the packages they offer. What happens with this and with Direct may be a game changer in the industry ... unless both give in to Disney like the streaming services did.

I have a 21 day free trial with YouTube - in that period I need to decide if I change to just using Charter as an ISP, which would mean I would pay more for that and use the streaming services only. I would save money - but it would be a shift with my family to learn to use Cloud DVR and access programming via multiple apps. I'm fine with that - but they like the one stop approach.

I don’t get the people who are giving a pass to spectrum and blaming this on Disney.

It’s like going to a restaurant and they tell you they are out of the main course, only have appetizers and desserts.
You don’t blame their supplier, you go to another place that provides what you want.

If the old cable way of doing business isn’t feasible anymore, it’s time to charge of gtfo.

Disney pointing the fingers when they are the ones trying to suck more money out of people.

Hail the corporatocracy.

Reactions: I4Vols
I don’t get the people who are giving a pass to spectrum and blaming this on Disney.

It’s like going to a restaurant and they tell you they are out of the main course, only have appetizers and desserts.
You don’t blame their supplier, you go to another place that provides what you want.

If the old cable way of doing business isn’t feasible anymore, it’s time to charge of gtfo.
I think they are both bad. But in this case Charter has a point IMO. Disney is double dipping. Charter's position benefits consumers more. It's as simple as that. I realize their motivation isn't to help anyone. It's to maximize their profit. But in this specific instance their interests align with mine.

A restaurant supplier doesn't dictate a restaurants menu and force people to accept combinations of meals that they don't necessarily want.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
I think they are both bad. But in this case Charter has a point IMO. Disney is double dipping. Charter's position benefits consumers more. It's as simple as that. I realize their motivation isn't to help anyone. It's to maximize their profit. But in this specific instance their interests align with mine.

A restaurant supplier doesn't dictate a restaurants menu and force people to accept combinations of meals that they don't necessarily want.
with Slings model you are not forced anything if you just want ESPN.

There gave been literally hundreds of posts about how terrible Espn is and that nobody watches them anymore. Business suicide?
And there are hundreds of posts by sports lovers who want ESPN. Many posters on here that say they are moving to another streaming service are doing so to get ESPN. Sports is huge to a lot of people and ESPN carries a great deal of it. Yes I absolutely think Spectrum would lose many many customers without ESPN and sure they know that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
with Slings model you are not forced anything if you just want ESPN.
Espn is on Sling Orange. I have to take ESPNnews, ESPNU, and Disney Channel which I don't care about.

It's a different animal anyway. They aren't an ISP that owns or maintains internet infrastructure. Charter is my only option for internet unfortunately. So I'm stuck with them.

Espn is on Sling Orange. I have to take ESPNnews, ESPNU, and Disney Channel which I don't care about.

It's a different animal anyway. They aren't an ISP that owns or maintains internet infrastructure. Charter is my only option for internet unfortunately. So I'm stuck with them.
Sucks for you that you are stuck with Charter and have no choice.

Sucks for you that you are stuck with Charter and have no choice.
Yep. Is what it is. Keep hoping Brightridge will build out here, but no dice so far.

Either way Disney winning this fight with Charter won't benefit me. It'll just raise rates. But getting Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ with Charter would. It might actually get me to switch back to thier TV from Sling.

Reactions: MAD
There gave been literally hundreds of posts about how terrible Espn is and that nobody watches them anymore. Business suicide?
Not if you really want to get out of being a cable provider. Spectrum wants to be an ISP and mobile provider, get away from cable boxes and have package deals like when you sign up for ATT and get free HBOMax or something. Disney is bleeding money and wants to off load ESPN

VN Store

Back