Just in case anyone did not see this on Google

I agree.
Game day results are what really matters, period.

Games are won through the week...the score is simply tallied on Saturday.

This myth that guys who suck in practice but are amazing come gametime is little more than that...a myth with anecdotal evidence supporting the contrary.

We lost to Georgia State that in itself should tell you to start searching for a new coach.

Absolutely! And why Bama didn’t fire Saban when he lost to Louisiana-Monroe is beyond me! Did they not see the writing on the wall??

And when Fulmer lost Memphis in 1996, did we not realize we would never win a Natty under him?

History says you should always give up on a coach after they lose to a scrub team. Always. No matter what.

This myth that guys who suck in practice but are amazing come gametime is little more than that...a myth with anecdotal evidence supporting the contrary.

So evidently we have sucked bad at practice during the week.

Practicing well during the week while not being able to have those results correlate to wins on Saturday don’t get it.
If a player practices well during the week and yet can not be a productive leader on game day, what good did his “good practice” time do?
I’ll take a “not so good practice player” like Dobbs, who performs well on game day than a JG any time........

Reactions: hexnut
So evidently we have sucked bad at practice during the week.

Practicing well during the week while not being able to have those results correlate to wins on Saturday don’t get it.
If a player practices well during the week and yet can not be a productive leader on game day, what good did his “good practice” time do?
I’ll take a “not so good practice player” like Dobbs, who performs well on game day than a JG any time........

My money would rest on the folks leading the charge dont know wtf theyre doing during game prep and player development, ie crappy/non-disciplined coaching.

I would take Dobbs over JG also...but Dobbs likely woild have started in front of JG regardless who was coaching. Although the argument could be made that the coaching was better for Dobbs...

We all know the results were better.

Edit

Practicng well during the week rarely results in losses to teams with equal or less talent. And blowouts are a rarity when a team practices well every day, even when out-manned.

Getting blown out by teams with less talent when your team has excellent practice habits and the HC demands well ran practice sessions..?? those situations are about as rare as bigfoot...

Last edited:
Reactions: Alto1
This is Tennessee.

We do NOT fire coaches once it becomes obvious they have become ineffective and toxic.

We wait between 1-2 years AFTER that, to allow the program to completely crater.

Then, we stand amazed that no one seems to want the job.

It's the Tennessee Way.

I agree with some. JG is only good for about 14 points off of deep hits to WRs. Maurer has wheels and is a threat to run. He should be playing.

Absolutely! And why Bama didn’t fire Saban when he lost to Louisiana-Monroe is beyond me! Did they not see the writing on the wall??

And when Fulmer lost Memphis in 1996, did we not realize we would never win a Natty under him?

History says you should always give up on a coach after they lose to a scrub team. Always. No matter what.

Saban was already proven coach at that time. Fulmer was a home boy like Johnny was so he was safe. The loss to Ky this year should not leave any doubt about why most fans have lost faith in Pruitt. It will be MONTH since UT's last win when they kick off against Arkansas in year three of his reign here. Still no QB development, still playing JG and killing the offense. Fans have a very good reason to doubt Pruitt right now.

Saab lost to Louisiana Monroe his first season as head coach, by his third year his was winning national titles.
Let me know when Pruitt is playing for national titles. His is in year 3 , and we're looking not much different than year one.

Saab lost to Louisiana Monroe his first season as head coach, by his third year his was winning national titles.
Let me know when Pruitt is playing for national titles. His is in year 3 , and we're looking not much different than year one.

Sure, but that wasn’t the point I was referring to. I was referring to you suggesting the loss to GA State should have been the end.

Sure, but that wasn’t the point I was referring to. I was referring to you suggesting the loss to GA State should have been the end.

Pruitt was in year two, at home vs Ga State. Can't lose that game especially when you have a whole slate of SEC games remaining . That's poor coaching however you want to slice it.

Is it a myth that those who shine in practice also kill it during game Time? From my experience, that'd be a no.

I can care less about the drama topics. It is all about the record and this year’s schedule is the best indicator of where this program stands in the SEC. There are no patsies to inflate the win record and make us a third tier bowl team.

If we go 3-7 then we are definitely a bottom feeder program in this conference in this coach’s 3rd year. Good luck on selling tickets next year. The fans are tired of swallowing the sensationalism the AD has forced on us. You think lipstick on a pig is bad. What we have is lipstick on the pig’s anus.

VN Store

Back