Just in case anyone did not see this on Google

The team has quit on Jarrett Guarantano for sure! I am not sure they have quit on Pruitt yet but it is possible.
If Pruitt doesn't quit on Guarantano, the team will start to quit to on Pruitt.
"Attitude reflects leadership" and if your leader is going to keep trotting out a guy you have zero confidence in, soon you'll quit having confidence in your leader.

Well unfortunately a lot of those comments are accurate. I think Pruitt is different from Butch and that he is a sincere likable guy. Maybe it’s because he’s local to the region or maybe just because he is more sincere/transparent with the way he talks. Either way… Most of the Fanbase likes him. However, many of those points are undeniable. The JG thing? Constantly lecturing us about how Jg has earned it though practice? Pruitt is losing the team. And it’s 100% because if this one absolutely ridiculous commitment to a very below average qb. I want pruitt to workout because we all know what another coaching change means. You take a 2 or 3 season step back. But we should be seeing significant improvements by now and we just flat out aren’t. In fact...both butch and Dooley had more impressive resumes at this time in their tenures. And Pruitt is still going through these offensive growing pains and gaining nothing by them. We haven’t broken in a new qn this year meaning we took some lumps for the future. We’ve played the same terrible player that isn’t the long term answer

If we lose to Arky, Pruitt should get the Bret Bielema and Jack Crowe treatment (i.e. fired on the field after the game). It wouldn't happen but losing to Arky is inexcusable...

I have a feeling we're going to walk into a buzz saw vs Arky. I don't like the matchup....between coaching staffs. 3-7 looms large.

Well unfortunately a lot of those comments are accurate. I think Pruitt is different from Butch and that he is a sincere likable guy. Maybe it’s because he’s local to the region or maybe just because he is more sincere/transparent with the way he talks. Either way… Most of the Fanbase likes him. However, many of those points are undeniable. The JG thing? Constantly lecturing us about how Jg has earned it though practice? Pruitt is losing the team. And it’s 100% because if this one absolutely ridiculous commitment to a very below average qb. I want pruitt to workout because we all know what another coaching change means. You take a 2 or 3 season step back. But we should be seeing significant improvements by now and we just flat out aren’t. In fact...both butch and Dooley had more impressive resumes at this time in their tenures. And Pruitt is still going through these offensive growing pains and gaining nothing by them. We haven’t broken in a new qn this year meaning we took some lumps for the future. We’ve played the same terrible player that isn’t the long term answer

What boggles my mind is that he sees JG ball out in practice but fail in games, but he won't consider that another player might not be the best practice player but be a real baller when in games. Illogical IMO.

I don't think the talent on the team is near as bad as the leadership. Maybe JG is a good kid but he doesn't seem very vocal and take charge type. You also have to lead by example and his example hasn't been good. I think a simple switch to a different QB would be good for them, even if it limits what they're suppose to be doing. They're obviously not very good at what they're suppose to be doing so try something different.

What boggles my mind is that he sees JG ball out in practice but fail in games, but he won't consider that another player might not be the best practice player but be a real baller when in games. Illogical IMO.

I agree.
Game day results are what really matters, period.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
That extension won't matter when it comes to firing him. I've heard that it isn't "guaranteed" money yet, that it'll be guaranteed closer to the actual extension date, kind of like an NFL or NBA player's contract. That was covid related apparently.

Close, but not really. The contract is signed and in effect, buyout included. He deferred the raise for this year, but the rest of the deal is set in stone.

He should be fired on the spot if he loses to Arkansas regardless of Covid and JG's play. There are no excuses for losing to a first year head coach who has never even been a coordinator on a team that has gone winless for for straight seasons in the SEC. He won't be fired and UT has a very real shot of losing
Make no mistake, unless there's a drastic change, we'll lose.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
This was on Google today on fanrunradio.com: "Vols are only delaying the inevitable by keeping Jeremy Pruitt.
Vols have a culture problem: looks like the team just quit. Rumors of fights in the locker room. Random firing of a line coach
First time JP has been a head coach and he is undeniably over his head.
Elite defensive coordinator but has not carried over to the offense Lack of offensive development is exactly not his fit.
Trotting out JG simply because he "practices" the best. QB most important position on field but JP has not figured this out.
Old school mindset includes neglecting the offense will not cut it in today's game anymore.
Can't fire JP because of the ridiculous extension he received. PF is a former coach and is going to side with his hire.
Just keep in mind, everyday that goes by is just delaying the inevitable.

In other words the Vols are F****d

VN Store

Back