Just for Giggles

Orange to the core since first game vs AL in 1960. Loved LSU in 60s/early 70s listening to their night games on WWL. They are my new SEC most disliked team with Coach Fam-I-Lee the break dancer there. Big A&M fan after our 2016 trip there/fans and students were awesome. And they hate the tu elitists too. Not so much a fan now under Jimbo’s watch. Had daughter go to Auburn/great fans who feel like us re Bama. Was there for kick six game. Electric. They like is have been wandering in the wilderness. I am not a Freeze fan but he is good coach and “recruiter”. I guess my #2 is Navy. Was assigned there for 3 years and another daughter was class of ‘13. Have spent lots of time in Annapolis, on Yard and watching Navy football live. Got to know many players and a few coaches. A gathering of 2 star recruits who really buy into the brotherhood experience of playing for a team and school. It’s a throwback to how football was in the 50s and earlier.

The mythical college of Faber University was filmed on University of Oregon's Eugene campus...At least for the college scenes, the rest on a soundstage.

Otis Day and the Knights was a fictional band formed for the movie....Later the name was purchased from Universal Studios by Dwayne Jessie (Otis in the movie) and he formed a real band by that name....
hqdefault.jpg
“May I dance with yo’ date?”

Grew up in West Virginia during the Oliver Luck, Daryl Talley, Major Harris years. WVU is more painful as a fan than the worst case of BVS as a Vol. alternative - my daughter goes to Mississippi State and I love Mike Leach.

"If" and no I'm not saying I'm turning away from TN. I'm a VFL I Bleed orange. Just for giggles to see everyone response. But if you were not a TN fan what team would you be a Fan of? Again this is just Fun to see who your 2nd in line would be.
Give me Tennessee or give me 💀

I have season tickets for football, basketball and baseball at Mercer University in the SoCon and it's actually very entertaining. Not sure I could just pick another P5 team; definitely not another SEC team. Ga Tech I guess, but man, that looks like a painful fan experience lol.
IMG_20221205_133223584_HDR.jpg
Just did a tour with my daughter yesterday, pretty impressive place. I really like what they offer for students, as far as helping guide them in their major. Only thing I didn't like was the prices at the bookstore 🤣

View attachment 521448
Just did a tour with my daughter yesterday, pretty impressive place. I really like what they offer for students, as far as helping guide them in their major. Only thing I didn't like was the prices at the bookstore 🤣
It's a great school. I've got a son who is a Junior Civil Engineering Major there and I live about 15 minutes away. Let me know if there's anything you want to know.

...and yes, the bookstore prices are nuts.

Reactions: joevol33
Tennesse Tech Golden Eagles-home of one of the worst football programs in history. Toowell and Damitt!

It's a great school. I've got a son who is a Junior Civil Engineering Major there and I live about 15 minutes from away. Let me know if there's anything you want to know.

...and yes, the bookstore prices are nuts.
I actually thought about you on the way back, and figured I may ask a question between now and then 🤣. Thanks though, I'm sure I'll ask you a few things occasionally.

Reactions: GAVol
Mississippi State
Auburn
Colorado
UCLA, mainly when they play USC.

First two because Dad went to school there.
Bottom two because I did post grad work at both and had season faculty tickets at CU for several years.

Last edited:
I'm all Vol, but if I had to pick another it would be FSU. I've always thought Chief Osceola and the flaming spear entrance is pretty cool

VN Store

Back