Just Announced....

Also, Mike Slive is the best football conference commisioner in the country and we're very luck to have him. The SEC is king because of his stewardship. Those of you who are calling for his job need to look beyond your orange and white world at the bigger picture.
Utterly absurd. Slive has nothing to do with the success of the conference. Ceremonial positions with limited tenure tend to be meaningful in name only.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The beneficiary of said cheating would be a fool to point it out. Meyer's a whiny douchebag, but he's no fool.

Show me the part of Slive's threat that mentions criticizing the officiating AND implying cheating. Then, your homeristic drivel will make some sense.

Pot ... meet kettle

I agree Slive should have been more specific, but it was the implications of some sort of "conspiracy" by the refs that made him issue that threat.

The beneficiary of said cheating would be a fool to point it out. Meyer's a whiny douchebag, but he's no fool.

Show me the part of Slive's threat that mentions criticizing the officiating AND implying cheating. Then, your homeristic drivel will make some sense.

Exactly. :good!:

Pot ... meet kettle

I agree Slive should have been more specific, but it was the implications of some sort of "conspiracy" by the refs that made him issue that threat.

Bull shiz. I'm not supporting my coach. He has earned Slive's ire, but rightfully so. Your coach defied the clown and walked away. It's utter garbage.

The conspiracy point is senseless. Criticizing officials is criticizing officials. Whiney did it and the commish did nothing.

On College Football Live, Coach Urban Meyer WILL NOT be fined or suspended for his comments regarding the Officials and their lack of a call on Tim Tebow hit....... Slive never ceases to surprise me....

SEC is becoming a JOKE

Go Vols!

no surprise there, the funny part is that they could make a statement with their head so far up Meyer's butt

Meyer whiny? This is whining defined.

"To me,the rule is this: If a play is still going on, you can't take your helmet off.

"The play is still going. The ball is sitting there. If Luke (Stocker, UT tight end) sees the ball he can pick it up and go score a touchdown and we win the game. The guy (Cody) throws his helmet, then two of their guys go recover the ball.

"It's a 15-yard penalty and we kick again.''

"You run another play and throw an interception, or they throw another flag on us. I wasn't going to let the refs lose the game for us there. You know, a magical flag appear."

"At that point, it's nine penalties to one. They're 60th in the country.... And you go down there and it's very disappointing to have nine flags thrown against you and one against them."

It doesn't get any more whiny than that.

Pot ... meet kettle

Do you not find it funny that all the teams that have been ranked regardless of number has had the calls go their way in a close game?

Gators should have lost the game, plain and simple. South Carolina should have lost to Vandy. That receiver was clearly out of bounds. LSU should have lost to UGA and Bama should have lost to Tennessee and I am not sure why Mullen was upset. I am assuming it was in the Gator game. Granted in a lot of games you have to overcome the calls by the refs but when the calls seem to be one sided...it makes you think something is up.

Bull shiz. I'm not supporting my coach. He has earned Slive's ire, but rightfully so. Your coach defied the clown and walked away. It's utter garbage.

The conspiracy point is senseless. Criticizing officials is criticizing officials. Whiney did it and the commish did nothing.

Again ... pot ... meet kettle. Who's whining here? This thread is replete with whining.

You're a Gator. I'm surprised you can see at all.

This is a logical conclusion based on the nationally televised evidence we have all seen, but Spikes doesn't gouge eyes during practice, only during games.

Again ... pot ... meet kettle. Who's whining here? This thread is replete with whining.

Slive did what he had to do to keep his job. I noted his two options earlier: (a) tuck his tail and keep his job by not punishing CUM or (b) tuck his tail after losing it for punishing CUM.

Do you not find it funny that all the teams that have been ranked regardless of number has had the calls go their way in a close game?

Gators should have lost the game, plain and simple. South Carolina should have lost to Vandy. That receiver was clearly out of bounds. LSU should have lost to UGA and Bama should have lost to Tennessee and I am not sure why Mullen was upset. I am assuming it was in the Gator game. Granted in a lot of games you have to overcome the calls by the refs but when the calls seem to be one sided...it makes you think something is up.

With all these teams that "should" have won, I'm finding it hard to see a pattern that would suggest something's "up". Is it some sort of Florida, South Carolina, UGA, Bama favoring conspiracy you're pointing to?

With all these teams that "should" have won, I'm finding it hard to see a pattern that would suggest something's "up". Is it some sort of Florida, South Carolina, UGA, Bama favoring conspiracy you're pointing to?

Actually I said LSU, not UGA. UGA lost that game. No what I am simply saying is that it's all ranked teams. I just find it all a little weird that no SEC teams should be ranked in the #1 spot and yet they are still there because of the refs.

Popycock!! Mike Slive is an impartial arse to say the least.

You did not just say poppycock. Pip pip old chap, and bloody cheerio as well bloke. Pass the tea and strumpets mate, if you would be a kind enough sport

Actually I said LSU, not UGA. UGA lost that game. No what I am simply saying is that it's all ranked teams. I just find it all a little weird that no SEC teams should be ranked in the #1 spot and yet they are still there because of the refs.

My bad about LSU.

So you're saying there could be a concerted effort on the part of SEC officiating (to do what they have to) to keep the higher ranked team from losing?

Come on!

I get that sometimes individual officials are biased. It's human nature. Some television sports analysts are blatantly biased. But to suggest an organized effort is ludicrous.

Last edited:
What the real joke in the SEC is YOUR coach. Lane Kiffin will be coaching Pee Wee league football in three years. And you guys think that you will destroy the Gators next year? That is funny considering how many athletes you're losing after this year. The Gators will continue the BEATDOWN in Knoxville next year! Lane Kiffin should've been suspended for his comments that has been made in the past. Much more critical of the officiating than Meyers comments.

The conspiracy point is senseless. Criticizing officials is criticizing officials. Whiney did it and the commish did nothing.Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would say the title of "Whiney" goes to the coach who has been reprimanded for whining (See Lane Kiffin).

What the real joke in the SEC is YOUR coach. Lane Kiffin will be coaching Pee Wee league football in three years. And you guys think that you will destroy the Gators next year? That is funny considering how many athletes you're losing after this year. The Gators will continue the BEATDOWN in Knoxville next year! Lane Kiffin should've been suspended for his comments that has been made in the past. Much more critical of the officiating than Meyers comments.

:snoring::snoring::snoring::snoring::snoring::snoring::snoring::snoring::snoring::snoring::snoring:

Last edited:
My bad about LSU.

So you're saying there's could be a concerted effort on the part of SEC officiating (to do what they have to) to keep the higher ranked team from losing?

Come on!

I get that sometimes individual officials are biased. It's human nature. Some television sports analysts are blatantly biased. But to suggest an organized effort is ludicrous.

It sure looks that way. What is ludicrous is that nothing will ever happen to the precious Gators and the wonderful Urban Meyer. For example, Slive should have suspended Spikes regardless of what Florida chose to do. Gouging a guy's eye is only worth a half game suspension. (sarcasm added for those of you who couldn't tell) But Slive chose to stand behind the suspension of a half game.

If this is the best you have for a first post.....don't bother.

Yeah, but all of Kiffin's came before the warning. Meyer made his comments not even a week later. Seems kinda funny to me he didn't at least get a warning. And for him to suspend Spikes for a half game is a joke...

As I said elsewhere, the whole thing is out of hand and is really so meaningless, and I refer to both Kiffin and Meyer. But, if Slive wants credibility he needs to be consistent and so Meyer ought to have been at least reprimanded, IMO.

You imply that there was beat down by your Gators this year. I saw nothing of the sort, while the Gators had pretty good control of the game it was competitive to say the least. All this playing against an O-line that is almost half comprised of walk-on players.

I agree that Kiffin's comments were much more critical but that is neither here nor there, Slive was stupid enough to make a blanket statement and now he doing everything he can to keep from stepping in it for Meyer. If we are to follow the letter of the law he put into effect he would have to give Meyer a slap on the wrist, sadly he doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to that.

Slive did what he did to protect the integrity of the game and it's officials in his eyes. What he was overlooking was the fact that poor officiating and calls this year were the problem, the public statements from coaches were merely a symptom. He tried to address the symptom by going after coaches which only adds to the perception that he is ignoring the disease, selectively addressing the symptoms (this case with Meyer) makes him look in over his head and incompetent.

Hey moron, NO WHERE in Slive's new rule did it say that a coach's remarks would be graded on a sliding scale of criticality. It said if you criticized the officiating, you would be fined AND suspended... did you learn to read when you were growing up or did you have your momma read and type your post?

I think the majority of the people on this board do not think that Meyer should have any punishment for what he said, and a week ago, this wouldn't have been an issue.

However, our grand poobah Slive decided to make a point about coaches publicly saying things about the officiating in the SEC and now he's stepped in it. If he doesn't "fine AND suspend" Meyer, then his new rule means nothing.

If it was anyone besides Meyer, I'd be saying that same thing. If it was Kiffin and I was being HONEST with myself, I would be saying the same thing.

Go crawl back in your cave.

VN Store

Back