Jurick Transferring

Not a huge deal. he didnt really fit the system very well. just a big goofy looking guy. saw him play in highschool.

I doubt West would want to come back, with the possibility of him losing his scholarship at any point.

It's become clear to me from some of the posts on VN that:

Calipari showing the door to multiple players on scholarship = removing deadweight
Pearl showing the door to one player who was not on scholarship = Pearl is a snake

The only difference is that it's been said that Pearl himself promised West his scholly. I still wonder if there's more there - just seems odd that he'd take JUCO Goins over West.

Last edited:
Curious Hat about your take on Jurick transferring. Pearl was pretty much all over him in high school. Attending several East Ridge games, etc. My question is do you think Jurick is transferring on his own or being pushed out to open a scholly. I always thought Phillip would have been a good fit for UTC and was surprised Pearl wanted him so much. Thoughts?

I think Pearl basically felt he was obligated to take Jurick because he was a the biggest local "talent" for some time and he didn't want the bad rep.

Curious Hat about your take on Jurick transferring. Pearl was pretty much all over him in high school. Attending several East Ridge games, etc. My question is do you think Jurick is transferring on his own or being pushed out to open a scholly. I always thought Phillip would have been a good fit for UTC and was surprised Pearl wanted him so much. Thoughts?
I said he could play when UT signed him. Looks like I was on target. My guess is that Pearl explained that playing time was going to be hard to come by and Jurick took that as his cue to move on to a place where he can get on the floor.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm just waiting to see how many wasted signings have to pile up before people start to notice that this staff's ability to evaluate players leaves a great deal to be desired.

What is it with these players who come here from Chattanooga?:dunno:

You may just be referring to basketball....but don't think so. Football has two offensive starters from Chattanooga Baylor. McClendon and Kevin Cooper.

Yeah, a guy jettisoning people he didn't recruit versus a guy pulling a ride he personally promised. No real difference. You have become easily the most slobbering of the Pearlophiles on here. Don't worry. Tanning Bed's comeuppance is on its way. Soon. Real soon.

This is not true - you don't know me. I assure you that I don't agree with everything Pearl does.

I am trying to provide some balance, because you are the EXACT OPPOSITE of the bolded text. Every time Pearl, Calipari, Gillispie, or UT Basketball enters a conversation, you find a way to make a negative spin on UT Hoops and its coach. It oftens appears Pearl can do no right in your eyes.

Since there are several posters who hang on your every word, someone has to provide balance. Today, it was me.

Last edited:
I think Pearl basically felt he was obligated to take Jurick because he was a the biggest local "talent" for some time and he didn't want the bad rep.

I've thought this too.
And, FWIW, the other school in Jurick's final two was Indiana. Gillispie also inquired about Jurick shortly after taking the UK job, but Jurick was set with his final two. Pearl and his staff have made some bad evaluations, but they were not alone here. It's not like UT was up against a bunch of mid-majors for this recruit.

Since there are several posters who hang on your every word, someone has to provide balance. Today, it was me.

No, you provided idiocy by trying to compare John Calipari's dismissal of scrubs he never recruited, to Bruce Pearl's deviousness.

I've thought this too.
And, FWIW, the other school in Jurick's final two was Indiana. Gillispie also inquired about Jurick shortly after taking the UK job, but Jurick was set with his final two. Pearl and his staff have made some bad evaluations, but they were not alone here. It's not like UT was up against a bunch of mid-majors for this recruit.

Indiana was desperate. I doubt Gillispie seriously wanted him, considering the bigs he has recruited.

Indiana was desperate. I doubt Gillispie seriously wanted him, considering the bigs he has recruited.

Indiana was not desperate. Sampson was still there. This was before he got busted.

And, Gillispie was just getting started at UK. I don't know had bad he wanted him, but he tried to recruit Jurick - that is a fact.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back