Jurick Transferring

No, you provided idiocy by trying to compare John Calipari's dismissal of scrubs he never recruited, to Bruce Pearl's deviousness.

Dismissal of scrubs?

How about dismissal of 3-4 student-athletes who signed to play for that school and did everything asked of them?

Don't worry. Tanning Bed's comeuppance is on its way. Soon. Real soon.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You predicted that Gillispie's stay at UK would outlive Pearl's stay at UT. :whistling:

And, I'm pretty sure you predicted Pearl would not be the UT coach in 2010-11. We'll see.

Dismissal of scrubs?

How about dismissal of 3-4 student-athletes who signed to play for that school and did everything asked of them?

they weren't dismissed but their one-year scholarships weren't renewed. They aren't guaranteed a 4year free ride

they weren't dismissed but their one-year scholarships weren't renewed. They aren't guaranteed a 4year free ride

That's true. It's among the rules that favor schools and coaches over players.

I just find it irritating as a Vol fan when Pearl and Calipari are mentioned together, and Pearl is the one who gets the snake label. The poster who called Pearl a snake in this thread wasn't discussing Calipari, but it sounded like a quote of Hat.

Now, we agree on something. :unsure:

No inside info, but it looks fishy from here. He chose JUCO Goins, who hasn't exactly been labelled a can't-miss prospect, over 4-year player West. :ermm:

Hat you still want to say I am 100% wrong about wanting Verdell Jones over D. West....Lets see here....

Verdell Jones III Stats, News, Photos - Indiana Hoosiers - ESPN (Notice his performance in the last 4 games of the season)

Or Daniel West, who still hasn't touched the court, and our continued lack of PG Performance...

Go ahead and try to spin something against me again, but you look bad at this point saying Verdell wasn't worth our time and D West was the better choice of the two.

Hat you still want to say I am 100% wrong about wanting Verdell Jones over D. West....Lets see here....

Verdell Jones III Stats, News, Photos - Indiana Hoosiers - ESPN (Notice his performance in the last 4 games of the season)

Or Daniel West, who still hasn't touched the court, and our continued lack of PG Performance...

Go ahead and try to spin something against me again, but you look bad at this point saying Verdell wasn't worth our time and D West was the better choice of the two.
Yeah, Jones played a bunch of minutes on an awful team. Congrats to him. There's a reason IU was trash this year: Guys like Verdell Jones were starting for them.

Yeah, Jones played a bunch of minutes on an awful team. Congrats to him. There's a reason IU was trash this year: Guys like Verdell Jones were starting for them.

So what does that make Bobby Maze? A Slight step up on Verdell Jones? Because Maze played for a very mediocre team and received minutes because of the lack of PG Talent.....

Verdell is also 18, while Maze is 21.

I guarentee you in 3 years you will think back and eat your words. Verdell is a legit College Point Guard, and Bruce Pearl was stupid for accepting D West over him.

So what does that make Bobby Maze? A Slight step up on Verdell Jones? Because Maze played for a very mediocre team and received minutes because of the lack of PG Talent.....

Verdell is also 18, while Maze is 21.

I guarentee you in 3 years you will think back and eat your words. Verdell is a legit College Point Guard, and Bruce Pearl was stupid for accepting D West over him.
Yeah, I've been Bobby Maze's biggest fan. When IU signs Kyrie Irving, that will ensure Verdell finishes his career doing what his talent level is best suited for: Sitting on the bench and cheerleading.

Yeah, I've been Bobby Maze's biggest fan. When IU signs Kyrie Irving, that will ensure Verdell finishes his career doing what his talent level is best suited for: Sitting on the bench and cheerleading.

Might turn out to be true, but if that happens and Creen keeps recruiting like he is, then Sitting the bench at Indiana behind 5 stars, will be better than Starting for UT. Even you can agree with that Mr. "Bruce Pearl needs to be out a.s.a.p."

Might turn out to be true, but if that happens and Creen keeps recruiting like he is, then Sitting the bench at Indiana behind 5 stars, will be better than Starting for UT. Even you can agree with that Mr. "Bruce Pearl needs to be out a.s.a.p."

Uhm... No. But thanks for proving you're about as intelligent as a rock.

I think sitting behind "the best player to ever come out of new jersey" is better than D West....who hasn't even touched the court and won't ever in TBA. If you don't know the backround story, Verdell and Daniel were given the same scholarship and were both told whoever accepts first receives it. Verdell wanted to take his time and make sure it was the right choice, and D West was happy to get the offer and took it sooner. Verdell was then handed a gift when Indiana hired Creen (who recruiting V at Marquette, but they ran out of scholarships just as UT had to offer V....thus when Indiana had the open Scholarships he instantly offered Verdell for Indiana).

So If you want to continue to say I am wrong when I say Verdell should have been given the only offer instead of D West you prove that you are as intelligent as a rock.

I think sitting behind "the best player to ever come out of new jersey" is better than D West....who hasn't even touched the court and won't ever in TBA. If you don't know the backround story, Verdell and Daniel were given the same scholarship and were both told whoever accepts first receives it. Verdell wanted to take his time and make sure it was the right choice, and D West was happy to get the offer and took it sooner. Verdell was then handed a gift when Indiana hired Creen (who recruiting V at Marquette, but they ran out of scholarships just as UT had to offer V....thus when Indiana had the open Scholarships he instantly offered Verdell for Indiana).

So If you want to continue to say I am wrong when I say Verdell should have been given the only offer instead of D West you prove that you are as intelligent as a rock.
The fact you're still here advocating that your high school boyfriend should have received a scholarship at a BCS school that wasn't wrecked by probation tells us all we need to know. Why don't you talk about him going pro early again? I was just shocked not to see his name on the list of draft eligible underclassmen.

Give it two more years. Creen says after his Junior year he will be drafted early second round if he decides to go, and will be a contributor in the NBA. I believe coach Creen over your opinion any day of the week.

Give it two more years. Creen says after his Junior year he will be drafted early second round if he decides to go, and will be a contributor in the NBA. I believe coach Creen over your opinion any day of the week.
I believe people who can't spell Crean are idiots.

Official from GVX as of about 1pm today...

-
As expected, center Philip Jurick is leaving the University of Tennessee basketball team, coach Bruce Pearl announced Friday.

The 6-foot-10 Jurick will likely transfer to Chattanooga State Community College in his hometown, Pearl said in a UT release.
“I’m disappointed,” Pearl said. “But Philip knows that everyone in the Tennessee basketball family loves him, and we wish him nothing but the best.

“It is our anticipation that he will go to Chattanooga State. And the possibility still exists that he could return to Tennessee one day.”

Jurick redshirted in his only season at UT. He has four years of eligibility to divide between junior college and a four-year school.

He was rated the No. 68 senior prospect in the nation by Rivals.com when he came out of East Ridge High School in Chattanooga.

Jurick’s departure from Tennessee has been speculated about for some time. It became more evident when he did not enroll in summer school classes and was not among UT players who signed up for the Pilot Rocky Top League prior to Wednesday’s draft.

It also solves a scholarship dilemma.

Tyler Smith’s decision on Thursday to return to UT for his senior year put the Vols one scholarship over the NCAA limit. Normally men’s programs are allowed 13 scholarships but Tennessee is reduced to 12 in 2009-10 due to an APR penalty.
UT’s scholarship roster for the coming season:
Seniors: Tyler Smith, Josh Tabb, Wayne Chism, J.P. Prince, Bobby Maze.
Juniors: Brian Williams, Melvin Goins.
Sophomores: Cameron Tatum, Scotty Hopson, Renaldo Woolridge, Emmanuel Negedu.
Freshman: Kenny Hall.
Also, Skylar McBee will be an invited walk-on freshman and Josh Bone will be a walk-on junior transfer from Southern Illinois.

VN Store

Back