JUCO G Kevin Punter

I wonder if SMU cancelled the visit or Punter.

I'm not sure what occurred, but we are making a strong push right now. CDT may be looking to fill the majority of the slots ASAP with whomever on the target list wants to commit. We know some guys aren't going to be finished until mid-summer so he may want to know what he has to work with sooner rather than the next 3 weeks especially with Sadler being a USM now.

I wonder if SMU cancelled the visit or Punter.

Please, people; unless recruits are looking at Southern Methodist University, can you call Southern Miss USM, not SMU?

All this is confusing enough without throwing random extra universities into the mix, especially when waiting for the coffee to kick in.

thanks muchly :hi:

eta: I've been untangled on this, that it really is SMU, not USM. thanks all

Last edited:
Please, people; unless recruits are looking at Southern Methodist University, can you call Southern Miss USM, not SMU?

All this is confusing enough without throwing random extra universities into the mix, especially when waiting for the coffee to kick in.

It is Southern Methodist. Kevin Punter was supposed to visit Southern Methodist (SMU) this weekend.

Ironically it is quite possible that Jordan Cornish has indicated to the SMU coaching staff he is going to pick them, thus taking Punter's spot.

Ironically it is quite possible that Jordan Cornish has indicated to the SMU coaching staff he is going to pick them, thus taking Punter's spot.

That's a possibility, but he appears to be a WF lean at the moment. If Cornish was scheduled to visit SMU this weekend I would tend to lean that way, of course there could be another recruit they're in on as well.

When talking about Southern Miss I will absolutely use USM. But the kid was suppose to visit Southern Methodist not Southern Miss. :hi:

FWIW one of the SMU scout writers said yesterday that with one scholarship left Cornish is Brown's top priority after they missed on Myles Turner. Perhaps Punter got wind of that and decided to look elsewhere. If we can get Punter here I think we have a good shot.

Last edited:
Interesting twist as it sounds like Punter will be at Tennessee this weekend

State Fair Community College shooting guard Kevin Punter is scheduled to visit Tennessee this weekend, and will not make a trip to SMU, according to Ben Frederickson of 247Sports partner govolsxtra.com.

Punter is also considering Missouri and was a Mizzou commitment until Tigers coach Frank Haith left the school to become coach at Tulsa.

Punter is ranked a three-star prospect with a rating of 86 in the 247Sports composite.

Looks to be official at this point.

SIAP.

Punter is a good shooter right? Heard he shot 86% from the FT line is that true?

Pretty much how I feel too

I think Tennessee could have 2-4 commits by Sunday night

I see the same thing occurring. McGhee may very well commit this weekend and Punter may do the same. They both should cross paths at some point on their visits. I wonder how CDT's USM guys respond to Sadler's pitch and how long it will take to give releases to whomever wanted them? There is not a ton of time left to make these decisions.

I see the same thing occurring. McGhee may very well commit this weekend and Punter may do the same. They both should cross paths at some point on their visits. I wonder how CDT's USM guys respond to Sadler's pitch and how long it will take to give releases to whomever wanted them? There is not a ton of time left to make these decisions.

If the USM guys get their releases relatively quickly things could fill up pretty quick.

If the USM guys get their releases relatively quickly things could fill up pretty quick.

Really, we will see just how good of a relationship CDT had with his former AD. If the AD feels CDT is poaching then he could very well drag his feet in releasing them and force CDT to take other commits with the time crunch. But I actually feel there is a strong relationship there and things will move quickly so Doc can get his own guys in.

Really, we will see just how good of a relationship CDT had with his former AD. If the AD feels CDT is poaching then he could very well drag his feet in releasing them and force CDT to take other commits with the time crunch. But I actually feel there is a strong relationship there and things will move quickly so Doc can get his own guys in.

I think so too, plus the media will start putting pressure on the school for pulling that move. Also holding 6 signees would likely hamper the new coaches ability to recruit without having any scholarships available "technically".

VN Store

Back