‘23 JUCO DL Elijah Davis (uscjr commit)

I have a relative who coached for over 20 years at a Mississippi JUCO. Some of the stories he told me were wild. Cash transactions were common place when the good players would visit D1 schools :):)
One player came back from his D1 visit with 15 $100 bills and bragged about it. He stashed the money in his locker and it was stolen by one of his teammates :eek::eek::eek::eek:
@WangoTango Would love to meet you guys sometime. I've also got a background in Mississippi JUCO. Dated a head coach's daughter for 3 years and used to help him with camps. Heard a lot of stories.

Davis is the headliner this weekend with his upcoming decision between Tennessee, Alabama and South Carolina. The Gamecocks appear to be running third in this race. Tennessee has a massive opportunity to close this thing out this weekend with a great visit. At this moment, he doesn’t have anything set up for next weekend, but in talking to people at Alabama, that may be his visit next weekend.

Alabama has several defensive linemen they are in on so it’s unclear where Davis is in the pecking order. Tennessee defensive line coach Rodney Garner was by to see him this week and Davis has a real comfort level with Garner.
-VQ

Really like this kid, hope we find a way to close this out.

I'm very impressed with the intentionality and effort on defensive recruiting in this current class. With the pass rushers(edge), the bigger guys in middle (power), speed in back 7.

Now they still need to develop in weight room and on field. But very impressive defensive class.

Especially if they can somehow land Arian Carter and this kid.

VN Store

Back