'20 JUCO DE Jordan Davis (Mississippi State commit)

Agreed. In hiring Engineers to work on my team, I barely even LOOK at the school they went to. I am most interested in work history, attitude, how you carry yourself, and how you interview. People with degrees from Ivy League Schools or MIT, etc don't apply to work where I work anyways, so the rest fall into the same bucket.
Finding smart engineers is pretty much a guarantee. Find one with a worth ethic and people skills is much much harder.

Hmmmm.... What else do they have in common?
giphy.gif

Agreed. In hiring Engineers to work on my team, I barely even LOOK at the school they went to. I am most interested in work history, attitude, how you carry yourself, and how you interview. People with degrees from Ivy League Schools or MIT, etc don't apply to work where I work anyways, so the rest fall into the same bucket.

If you don’t mind me asking, who do you work for? I currently am a civil site engineer in Nashville, always looking to make connections (especially Vol connections)

The butthurt in this thread is ridiculous. There is probably a back story that very few are aware of. I do not have any information here but you always have to be suspicious of grade issues on JUCO players.

Throwing down on Starkville and Gainesville makes us look pretty small considering where our program is right now. Some of these kids may prefer to live in a small town environment instead of an urban atmosphere to concentrate on their skills and academics. Less distractions at Auburn-Opelika sure has not hurt them in the last decade.

The butthurt in this thread is ridiculous. There is probably a back story that very few are aware of. I do not have any information here but you always have to be suspicious of grade issues on JUCO players.

Throwing down on Starkville and Gainesville makes us look pretty small considering where our program is right now. Some of these kids may prefer to live in a small town environment instead of an urban atmosphere to concentrate on their skills and academics. Less distractions at Auburn-Opelika sure has not hurt them in the last decade.

1563197964819.gif

Lol. Have you even been Starkville? I have nothing against MSU. It’s just a crap hole

The Princeton Review ranked the entire SEC out of 100 on academics a few years ago. Have a look at MSU...may reveal something lol

Attachments

• SEC Academics.PNG
    SEC Academics.PNG
    42.4 KB · Views: 129
Onevol74 always praising other programs while throwing shade on ours
Take it as you like. Was my comments negative, or just critical thinking. No lemming here. But some of the posters on here are downing other programs at the same time kids are making decisions to go to those programs. Why are kids not making the decision to come play at Tennessee? That is all I am asking? They are out recruiting us.

Personally, I do not think you can compare Knoxville, to Auburn, Clemson, Gainesville, Starkville, or College Station. But players want to go to those programs. Why?

Take it as you like. Was my comments negative, or just critical thinking. No lemming here. But some of the posters on here are downing other programs at the same time kids are making decisions to go to those programs. Why are kids not making the decision to come play at Tennessee? That is all I am asking? They are out recruiting us.

Personally, I do not think you can compare Knoxville, to Auburn, Clemson, Gainesville, Starkville, or College Station. But players want to go to those programs. Why?

He was just pointing out that anytime a poster points out how crappy a university towns is or anything related to other schools, you are quick to point out how all those Universities are beating us out in recruiting, never mind that some recruits don’t fit here, choose others over us for different reasons, or were never in consideration. You just never seem to “RAH RAH” for your own team.

He was just pointing out that anytime a poster points out how crappy a university towns is or anything related to other schools, you are quick to point out how all those Universities are beating us out in recruiting, never mind that some recruits don’t fit here, choose others over us for different reasons, or were never in consideration. You just never seem to “RAH RAH” for your own team.
I am waiting on something to RAH RAH for. Not just mediocrity. The last 15 years are not what I consider Vol tradition.

I think in the 1980's and 90's we were one of the hottest programs in college football. We were probably on TV more than any other SEC school and WTBS loved us. We can all name famous and legendary players from that era. Not just 5 stars, but players that developed in this program. We had one of the loudest stadiums in the country. We had some of the best offensive line and defensive lines in the country. Our game day was unmatched in college football. A Saturday night game in Neyland with all that Tennessee Orange was as dramatic as you could get. It was somewhat reasonable to take a family to a game and it was an amazing experience.

Very little of that exists today. And when comments are made everyone wants to blame the fans. There is probably no other program that can compare to fan loyalty and love that UT fans provide. Especially since the period of time from the Vandy loss in 2005 to today. Some would say since the LSU loss in the 2001 SEC Championship game. IT HAS BEEN 21 YEARS SINCE THIS PROGRAM HAS WON A CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP. The worst era in the program's history.

Hope Pruitt and Fulmer know what they are doing. What grades would you give this staff, so far, in recruiting, player development, game management, and PR? It may be way too early to tell, but I do not see any reason to RAH RAH, yet. I am waiting.

In the mean time I will sit here and hold on to my faded orange shaker.

I am waiting on something to RAH RAH for. Not just mediocrity. The last 15 years are not what I consider Vol tradition.

I think in the 1980's and 90's we were one of the hottest programs in college football. We were probably on TV more than any other SEC school and WTBS loved us. We can all name famous and legendary players from that era. Not just 5 stars, but players that developed in this program. We had one of the loudest stadiums in the country. We had some of the best offensive line and defensive lines in the country. Our game day was unmatched in college football. A Saturday night game in Neyland with all that Tennessee Orange was as dramatic as you could get. It was somewhat reasonable to take a family to a game and it was an amazing experience.

Very little of that exists today. And when comments are made everyone wants to blame the fans. There is probably no other program that can compare to fan loyalty and love that UT fans provide. Especially since the period of time from the Vandy loss in 2005 to today. Some would say since the LSU loss in the 2001 SEC Championship game. IT HAS BEEN 21 YEARS SINCE THIS PROGRAM HAS WON A CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP. The worst era in the program's history.

Hope Pruitt and Fulmer know what they are doing. What grades would you give this staff, so far, in recruiting, player development, game management, and PR? It may be way too early to tell, but I do not see any reason to RAH RAH, yet. I am waiting.

In the mean time I will sit here and hold on to my faded orange shaker.
Just come back when you can Rah Rah. There's no need in ruining your health on things you can't control.

No problem there when you can objectively look at things as they really are.
Yay. Another “objective,” “realistic” negavol.

I don’t care what our program has done in the past 10-15 years. I can’t change that. What I do know is that we are a proud program who won’t stop fighting to get back to the top and I have the most hope I’ve had since Doug Dickey was AD. Obviously more hope than you have.

VN Store

Back