'20 JUCO DE Jordan Davis (Mississippi State commit)

Agreed. In hiring Engineers to work on my team, I barely even LOOK at the school they went to. I am most interested in work history, attitude, how you carry yourself, and how you interview. People with degrees from Ivy League Schools or MIT, etc don't apply to work where I work anyways, so the rest fall into the same bucket.
Finding smart engineers is pretty much a guarantee. Find one with a worth ethic and people skills is much much harder.

Agreed. In hiring Engineers to work on my team, I barely even LOOK at the school they went to. I am most interested in work history, attitude, how you carry yourself, and how you interview. People with degrees from Ivy League Schools or MIT, etc don't apply to work where I work anyways, so the rest fall into the same bucket.
If you don’t mind me asking, who do you work for? I currently am a civil site engineer in Nashville, always looking to make connections (especially Vol connections)

onevol74

The butthurt in this thread is ridiculous. There is probably a back story that very few are aware of. I do not have any information here but you always have to be suspicious of grade issues on JUCO players.

Throwing down on Starkville and Gainesville makes us look pretty small considering where our program is right now. Some of these kids may prefer to live in a small town environment instead of an urban atmosphere to concentrate on their skills and academics. Less distractions at Auburn-Opelika sure has not hurt them in the last decade.

The butthurt in this thread is ridiculous. There is probably a back story that very few are aware of. I do not have any information here but you always have to be suspicious of grade issues on JUCO players.

Throwing down on Starkville and Gainesville makes us look pretty small considering where our program is right now. Some of these kids may prefer to live in a small town environment instead of an urban atmosphere to concentrate on their skills and academics. Less distractions at Auburn-Opelika sure has not hurt them in the last decade.
1563197964819.gif

DaddyChad

Lol. Have you even been Starkville? I have nothing against MSU. It’s just a crap hole

onevol74

Onevol74 always praising other programs while throwing shade on ours
Take it as you like. Was my comments negative, or just critical thinking. No lemming here. But some of the posters on here are downing other programs at the same time kids are making decisions to go to those programs. Why are kids not making the decision to come play at Tennessee? That is all I am asking? They are out recruiting us.

Personally, I do not think you can compare Knoxville, to Auburn, Clemson, Gainesville, Starkville, or College Station. But players want to go to those programs. Why?

Orangeredblooded

Take it as you like. Was my comments negative, or just critical thinking. No lemming here. But some of the posters on here are downing other programs at the same time kids are making decisions to go to those programs. Why are kids not making the decision to come play at Tennessee? That is all I am asking? They are out recruiting us.

Personally, I do not think you can compare Knoxville, to Auburn, Clemson, Gainesville, Starkville, or College Station. But players want to go to those programs. Why?
He was just pointing out that anytime a poster points out how crappy a university towns is or anything related to other schools, you are quick to point out how all those Universities are beating us out in recruiting, never mind that some recruits don’t fit here, choose others over us for different reasons, or were never in consideration. You just never seem to “RAH RAH” for your own team.

VN Store

Sponsors