'20 JUCO DE Jordan Davis (Mississippi State commit)

I have been to Starkville and Gainesville. Both are dumps.
I lived in Gainesville for two years in junior high (and have visited multiple times since then) and actually interviewed for an IT job once with MSU in Starkville (when I was living in Orlando and trying to move closer to Memphis to be near my parents). I would not call either place a dump at all—but much more is going on in Gainesville than Starkville and it's not even close. Gainesville is a bustling little city whereas Starkville is more of a growing college town. My 2 cents. Still can't stand the frickin' Gators.

Last edited:
I lived in Gainesville for two years in junior high (and have visited multiple times since then) and actually interviewed for an IT job once in Starkville (when I was living in Orlando and trying to move back to Memphis). I would not call either place a dump at all—but much more is going on in Gainesville than Starkville and it's not even close. Gainesville is a city whereas Starkville is more of a growing college town. My 2 cents.
But we want to say they're dumps. You're not helping.

1)It’s not a slam dunk that he qualifies.
2)He’s flirted with other teams constantly while being “committed”.

He’s a high maintenance JUCO player which will be lucky to make it in.
Didnt know he was still having grade problems in JUCO

not arguing, but I find this surprising. especially for someone in Davis's shoes. Was signed by big time, was committed to another big time, and now onto a third. you would think there would people there ready to help. and him seeing what he had to play for/lose would push him. sad. I get it for the guys who never knew or had the opportunity.

The qualifications to be an accredited engineering school are so stout that there are no bad engineering schools.

Most engineers actually start leaning their craft after college. College is just teaching you fundamentals and how to learn. Some schools do a better job of that and some don’t. It's way more about the teacher(s) you have vs. what some time magazine ranking says...

That’s my opinion as an engineer.

Last edited:
The qualifications to be an accredited engineering school are so stout that there are no bad engineering schools.

Most engineers actually start leaning there craft after college. College is just teaching you fundamentals and how to learn. Some schools do a better job of that and some don’t. Its way more about the teacher(s) you have vs. what some time magazine ranking says...

there ya go.

Reactions: VOLuptuousBOOMS

Most engineers actually start leaning there craft after college. College is just teaching you fundamentals and how to learn. Some schools do a better job of that and some don’t. Its way more about the teacher(s) you have vs. what some time magazine ranking says...

Agreed. In hiring Engineers to work on my team, I barely even LOOK at the school they went to. I am most interested in work history, attitude, how you carry yourself, and how you interview. People with degrees from Ivy League Schools or MIT, etc don't apply to work where I work anyways, so the rest fall into the same bucket.

VN Store

Back