'20 JUCO DE Jordan Davis (Mississippi State commit)

“I talk to Tennessee on a daily basis really,” Davis said. “I just got a text from coach Hoke this morning (Sunday) to call him. “I talk to coach Wells the most, but I talk to coach Hoke a lot. Sometimes when I'm talking to them coach Jones jumps on and talks to me. “I'm listening to everyone right now and giving them a chance to talk to me. My mom is telling me to not turn people down because everyone brings different things to the table. I just want to see what everyone has to offer.”

“I watched the draft and I saw the Tennessee players get drafted and that left an impression on me,” the 6-5, 230 pound Davis offered. “Watching how they played and how the players handled themselves in their interviews and talking about how Tennessee was for them. “If you are having players getting drafted if leaves an impression on me and it gives you more credibility.”

In addition to visiting Alabama this year, he has also seen LSU and Memphis. In June, Davis hopes to see the Vols. “I plan on visiting Tennessee really soon,” Davis said. “They tell me that I'm the number one guy on their chart and I want to get up there to see them in June. “I plan on visiting 4-5 places this summer. I want to go back to Alabama, of course Tennessee. I would like to see Mississippi State and Auburn.”

On Sunday, Jones was a participate in the National Playmakers Academy camp in Nashville where he showed exactly what has schools chasing him. “Everyone likes my edge rush and ability to run sideline to sideline,” Davis said.

-VQ

Reactions: 12 people

When i say this kid is the best defensive player in the state of TN and by a landslide, please believe it. After seeing this kid yesterday i had to place a call immediately to ask what or how has he not been getting the same if not more attention than Littaker and Emerson. This kid is eletric and as competitive as it gets. A few media guys posted videos of him destroying any OL guy put in front of him. He has arms that are as long as the Strip and bends like a pro already along with firing off the esge like a bullet. He definitely lived up to the hype I had heard. He really rrmindes me of a Tim Williams type of guy, and thus why Saban loves him.

Reactions: 5 people
When i say this kid is the best defensive player in the state of TN and by a landslide, please believe it. After seeing this kid yesterday i had to place a call immediately to ask what or how has he not been getting the same if not more attention than Littaker and Emerson. This kid is eletric and as competitive as it gets. A few media guys posted videos of him destroying any OL guy put in front of him. He has arms that are as long as the Strip and bends like a pro already along with firing off the esge like a bullet. He definitely lived up to the hype I had heard. He really rrmindes me of a Tim Williams type of guy, and thus why Saban loves him.

You think there is any chance to flip him?

Four-star defensive end Jordan Davis is committed to Alabama, but the Memphis native is not hitting ignore on phone calls from other schools, including calls from Vol assistants Walt Wells and Brady Hoke.

“I talk to coach Wells the most, but I talk to coach Hoke a lot. Sometimes when I'm talking to them coach Jones jumps on and talks to me.

“I'm listening to everyone right now and giving them a chance to talk to me. My mom is telling me to not turn people down because everyone brings different things to the table. I just want to see what e“I watched the draft and I saw the Tennessee players get drafted and that left an impression on me,” the 6-5, 230 pound Davis offered. “Watching how they played and how the players handled themselves in their interviews and talking about how Tennessee was for themveryone has to offer.”

One of the things Tennessee has to offer is a big last week in the NFL draft where six players were selected in the first four rounds. Tennessee's draft success was something Davis was aware of.

“If you are having players getting drafted if leaves an impression on me and it gives you more credibility.”

Of course, Tennessee wasn't the only school having players drafted. So did the Crimson Tide and the Memphis native (Southwind HS) said a big reason he committed to Alabama early was the vibe he got when he visited them.

“The passion of the game of football itself. Whenever you go down there all you see is Alabama. You don't see anybody with other schools stuff or anything like that. It's all Alabama,” Davis said.

In addition to visiting Alabama this year, he has also seen LSU and Memphis. In June, Davis hopes to see the Vols.

“I plan on visiting 4-5 places this summer. I want to go back to Alabama, of course Tennessee. I would like to see Mississippi State and Auburn.”

VQ

Reactions: 2 people
He seems really struck on Bama. Gonna be a tough pull but I have faith in Hoke.

Got to sell him on what he, Lawless, Emerson, and Litaker could build across the line. How dominant they could all be as they grow together. That has to be a selling point.

Reactions: 3 people
Got to sell him on what he, Lawless, Emerson, and Litaker could build across the line. How dominant they could all be as they grow together. That has to be a selling point.

Got to sell him on Barnett going ahead of any of the Bama Defensive Linemen. And Hokes multiple picks at Michigan(use all of them lol). Also on Barnett out producing any of the other linemen in the conference. Sell the Barnett role extremely hard.

Reactions: 6 people
Got to sell him on Barnett going ahead of any of the Bama Defensive Linemen. And Hokes multiple picks at Michigan(use all of them lol). Also on Barnett out producing any of the other linemen in the conference. Sell the Barnett role extremely hard.

Exactly. Butch has bullets in the gun now. Let's use them. Keep up the in state pitch as well.

Reactions: 3 people

Means nothing .. they could point to the past 4 drafts

Past four drafts we're Dooley recruits. Easy to sell that. With,
We had the worst coach in SEC history. Now that his players are gone look how we're doing.

The point is that they are currently an factory specially on the defensive side of the ball

They could, but we aren't just shooting blanks now. We can at least make some kids stop and think. They now have evidence that they can play for their in state school and get drafted. Heck Vereen got a UDFA contract too. It would've been better had he gotten drafted but we have linemen in the league now and Hoke has even more.

Reactions: 1 person
How so.. put 10-11 in the pro's this year

All later than anticipated because of concerns about injuries. Later means less $$$ to any future NFL hopeful. I think NFL GM's, while still wanting them for their talent, aren't as willing to put the $$$ out there for them that they may have in the past. Their not sure if they are going to get their moneys worth.

JMO

Reactions: 1 person
All later than anticipated because of concerns about injuries. Later means less $$$ to any future NFL hopeful. I think NFL GM's, while still wanting them for their talent, aren't as willing to put the $$$ out there for them that they may have in the past. Their not sure if they are going to get their moneys worth.

JMO

There's also more proof that they aren't worth the money than they are

Barnett:

-First Butch full class
-In-State guy
-Best D-linemen in the SEC for 3 years
-Goes before any Bama D-lineman
-About to dominate from the beginning in Philly(Brandon Graham and Cox will keep any type of attention from him up front)😁

Brady Hoke had another DE go first round in Taco Charlton..... 😎😎😎😎

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back