'21 JUCO CB Roterius Torrence (Auburn transfer)

If you are excited, you must be this. Wow, really. Been coaching HS Defensive Backs for over 30 years, and doesn't mean I'm right but his length, his fundamentals, and his ball skills are definitely things to get excited about. If that makes me a cheerleader, get me some pom poms and a short skirt.

No pictures please

I’m one of the biggest homers on this site, but if you’re excited about a commitment from an unranked JUCO who’s only other offers were Utah State and ECU, then you’re simply a cheerleader for the team.

705a5923efd2b83ed8d61b4ab2bb0215.png

Watch the hs tape and tell me he can’t play..
Since you asked... Feet look slow. Straight line speed looks slow also. Even in his highlight reel, a lot of his PBU's were after he was beaten by 2 steps and just being able to recover with his length. Don't know if that will work at this level.

But we shall see. Need bodies at the position and now we have another.

Reactions: vettefool
There was no fall JUCO season, so there will be some hidden gems to come out of this spring JUCO season. I watched the kids spring film. He is a 6'4" 200lb corner that played nothing but press man coverage in the highlights. He blanketed JUCO receivers. I know that might not translate to SEC receivers, but that length is hard to throw against.

I’m one of the biggest homers on this site, but if you’re excited about a commitment from an unranked JUCO who’s only other offers were Utah State and ECU, then you’re simply a cheerleader for the team.
Like I have said before..... I wouldn’t judge anyone by past standards..... with no camps and very limited access.... there will be a ton of guys missed or getting a bad evaluation..... I just hope are guys know what they are looking for and how to project what a kid can do at Tennessee.

Since you asked... Feet look slow. Straight line speed looks slow also. Even in his highlight reel, a lot of his PBU's were after he was beaten by 2 steps and just being able to recover with his length. Don't know if that will work at this level.

But we shall see. Need bodies at the position and now we have another.
Lol what did you watch? He looked slow when he beat 2 DBs downfield by 10 yards to catch those TD passes? The dude can fly

Lol what did you watch? He looked slow when he beat 2 DBs downfield by 10 yards to catch those TD passes? The dude can fly
I don't know. I guess I watched the same film as every coach other than ECU's, Utah State's, and ours.

I don't say that to be a dick. Opinions are like assholes and as far as mine goes I hope I'm wrong, obviously. But you really gonna say anyone who sees flaws in his game are crazy with that offer list? Lol comon' my man.

Also, it says that auburn, Nebraska, and more big schools were after him.
Many on here wondered why in the Hell we recruited then signed Emmanuel Moseley. Offers from Charlotte, ECU, & North Carolina A&T. Yet we saw how that turned out.
Torrence plays like a damn bully on his tape. Strong and physical. He absolutely uses his body height/length/speed. If you have step on him his length seemed to redeem him once the ball drops on the receiver.

Not arguing with you but I'm curious if you know if these programs playing in the spring are getting a fair evaluation from the recruiting services? Here in California, there are high schools playing a 6-7 game spring schedule and I also wonder if some of those seniors are missing out on college scholarships? In normal years some of these players would have had an amazing senior year and been rated highly by the services. Unfortunately signing day passed before they had a chance to play their last year. Hutchinson doesn't even play their final game until June 5. Again I'm not arguing with your assessment but wondering if the recruits that are playing spring ball are even getting a fair rating?
I didn't think about that. Are they still rating them since signing day has passed?

If you are excited, you must be this. Wow, really. Been coaching HS Defensive Backs for over 30 years, and doesn't mean I'm right but his length, his fundamentals, and his ball skills are definitely things to get excited about. If that makes me a cheerleader, get me some pom poms and a short skirt.
I have some you can borrow.

VN Store

Back