'20 JUCO CB Art Green

I’ve felt pretty positive about all the JUCOs we’ve gotten recently although Kenneth George let me down a little bit.....

I hated that from the first moment. Absolutely could not believe we did that
Maybe he will get his life right

Yeah, I have nothing against the player as a person but it was a terrible decision to use a scholarship on him

The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Green, who announced his decision coming off his first visit to Tennessee on Saturday and Sunday, also is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 1 juco cornerback in the 2020 class. He chose the Vols over scholarship offers from more than 20 other teams, including Florida, Georgia and more than a half-dozen other SEC programs. After Green's initial rating, the nation's top two Class of 2020 junior-college prospects in 247Sports' rankings are both Tennessee commitments, although only 28 junior-college players in the 2020 class have been rated to this point by 247Sports.

Four-star defensive end/linebacker Jordan Davis of Copiah-Lincoln Community College in Wesson, Miss., who announced his commitment to the Vols in November, is the only other four-star in 247Sports' junior-college rankings and currently is ranked the nation's No. 1 juco player in the 2020 class. The 6-foot-5, 249-pound Davis is a former Alabama signee and Under Armour All-American from Southwind High School in Memphis, Tenn.

Tennessee gave Green one of his first Power Five offers in late February and has made him a high priority since then. His stock recently has continued to rise, with Georgia, Florida, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Kentucky and Oklahoma State all having extended offers to him since April 30. Green originally signed with Arkansas State coming out of Parkway Central High School in Chesterfield, Mo., a St. Louis suburb, before academic issues forced him to go the junior-college route. The Red Wolves recruited him to play wide receiver, but he has played in the secondary since enrolling at Hutchinson last year.

His first season at Hutchinson couldn't have gone much better. He recorded a team-leading six interceptions, 19 tackles and six pass breakups as a freshman for the Blue Dragons despite appearing in only eight games. Green's trip to Tennessee last weekend was his first recruiting visit since he enrolled at Hutchinson. But after seeing for himself what the Vols had to offer, he said he didn't feel the need to travel to any other schools, although he hasn't ruled out potentially taking additional visits leading up to the early signing period in December.

“While I was on the visit, I was talking to my dad and we were like, ‘We’re going to pray on it and talk to the family,’” said Green, who plans to graduate from Hutchinson in December and enroll at Tennessee in January. “And then, on the ride home, we talked to the family and they were all 100 percent with it, behind me. And I was like, ‘I’m good.’ “Out of everybody, Tennessee was the one who wanted me the most. I saw the opportunity, so I took it.”

Then what would the kid that ran the 9.98 100m run in the 40 lol
LOL probably 4.2ish if I had to guess. Jeff Demps ran a 4.26 at the combine and his 100m time was 10.01. Obviously, these are subjective because it's hard to determine how quick these guys accelerate. There was a chart posted online somewhere dealing with these sort of statistics.

I think one of the main indicators for a JUCO is if his grades are going to be good enough to enroll in January. Having a shorter clock ite important to start practicing with the team but it also shows that they improved in the classroom and they can get acclaimated to a four year school while not during the season.

Reactions: EdEcEko77
Not too worried if we don’t. This HS class has a ton of depth at that same position basically everywhere, and the best ones our in or near our pipelines
Dline? Respectfully disagree here. We need Davis. He isn’t a player to let ride, especially at his position.

giphy.gif

Davis is an Outside linebacker. Every weak side Defensive end less than 260lbs is an OLB in a 3-4 scheme
Or a DE in a 4-2-5 nickle which is probably the most common formation we played last year. Which is why most people in the draft just refer to them as Edge rushers instead of trying to pigeon hole into DE or OLB.

VN Store

Back